Was Jesus soft?

BartenderElite

Verified User
Has anyone else seen these stories? Evangelical leaders are becoming alarmed because some of their MAGA congregations are questioning the teachings of Jesus as being too weak, and even liberal, and that they're just not working anymore in today's environment. All of the "turn the other cheek" stuff.

The MAGA cult has taken it to a new level. I saw DeSantis was roundly booed in Iowa, as well. No other philosophy or point of view is welcome anymore. Trump is the new messiah - it's actually not unrealistic that a new religion could form with Trump as the savior.

I wonder what they'd have instead of a cross. A golf club? A model of a private jet?

Has anyone else seen these stories? Evangelical leaders are becoming alarmed because some of their MAGA congregations are questioning the teachings of Jesus as being too weak, and even liberal, and that they're just not working anymore in today's environment. All of the "turn the other cheek" stuff.

The MAGA cult has taken it to a new level. I saw DeSantis was roundly booed in Iowa, as well. No other philosophy or point of view is welcome anymore. Trump is the new messiah - it's actually not unrealistic that a new religion could form with Trump as the savior.

I wonder what they'd have instead of a cross. A golf club? A model of a private jet?

The red hat. Hopefully it turns into a suicide cult sooner than later.

Trump, Trump, Trump!

Trump.

F1fsyERXsAAHvCI.jpg

Dump, Dump, Dump!

Christianity is compatible with fascism. Why Mussolini made the Vatican a unique state within Italy.

trump will be the L. Ron Hubbard of MAGAtology.

Oh look, the fascist left is trying to reinvent Jesus in the image of Karl Marx again.

I wonder what they going to call thus new Religious movement.??????

A really long Tie

Conservatives have generally never taken the ethical framework of the gospels of Mathew and Luke seriously.

It was taken seriously by liberal Protestants in North America and Europe. That is where abolitionism and the welfare state found purchase.

Not sure what they would consider weak about the teachings of Jesus.

He was actually very firm and strict.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household” (Matthew 10:34-36).

Not sure what they would consider weak about the teachings of Jesus.

He was actually very firm and strict.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household” (Matthew 10:34-36).

So, turning the other cheek is Jesus lying?

Back