We beat the Union today!

Yes, the US exports mainly crappy television shows, in exchange we get stuff. I think we get the better end of that deal.

The crap is recent. I remember some great shows. Jeez if you think your tv is/was crap you should see some of our rubbish - heck even YouTube won't run some of the stuff we used to call "entertainment".

The crap is recent. I remember some great shows. Jeez if you think your tv is/was crap you should see some of our rubbish - heck even YouTube won't run some of the stuff we used to call "entertainment".
Recently we get a show that my kids like to watch from Australopythicusland that has teen "mermaids" who run around keeping their secret from the world. They became mermaids by falling in a cave...

Yeah, the writing is awesome. With great plots like one of them keeps a diary and it gets taken by her little brother, who is not a mermaid or even a merman...

Recently we get a show that my kids like to watch from Australopythicusland that has teen "mermaids" who run around keeping their secret from the world. They became mermaids by falling in a cave...

Typical Aussie ripoff, looks like we did over Charles Kingsley's "Water Babies" without the social message. We are vapid.

You can't believe the amount of tension it removed from me. I didn't even know it was there. Months of increasing tension and acrimony. And I didn't even actively work against it so most of the acrimony was saved for others.

I'm lucky. Last time they had such a drive where I was employed I was exempted as having "profesional" status. I didn't have to vote and if the union won I would not have been part of the bargaining unit regardless if it had been a closed shop or not. So I missed all the acrimony. Just another day on the job for me.

It's been nearly a year and now they are doing "contract negotiations" so it is unlikely they'll start the process again until after the current mess and depending on the result of it.

I think we'll be union-free for at least another year.

It's been nearly a year and now they are doing "contract negotiations" so it is unlikely they'll start the process again until after the current mess and depending on the result of it.

They never quit, do they?

Congratulations. You should start tithing 10% of your paycheck to your employer in the meanwhile. Hope your happy you've made it damn sure known you don't want you or your coworkers to have in any voice in how you work. :clink:

Man it must be great to have employees like this. Guess they'll be able to buy that new yacht...

People need unions to represent their collective interests. The corporations have congress. PWN.

gravedigger47.jpg

Back