Weekend Plans?

Plans? Yeah, I have lots and most involve driving. :)

I leave work today and drive 250 miles to my in-laws, where my wife has been all week. Spend the night there, then get up in the morning and drive roughly 100 miles to spend the day with my big kids for father's day, and then head back to my in-laws later that night. Then sunday helping my father-in-law have a good father's day. Then up at about 3am monday and drive back to work.

But a day and an evening with my kids, and the rest of the weekend with my wife and her family is worth all the road time.

I'm building my first hives. I have a friend who has some bees on his property in some old hives that he would like replaced. I'm going to be beekeeping this weekend...

:D

Entertaining family again. Im sure I will spend all weekend wishing I was with my father in law though. Fathers day and he just got diagnosed with lung cancer. He stood by his wifes side the entire time she was going through it until she died a couple of years ago.
Now Im sure hes thinking he knows exactly what is going to happen to him and that he wont have someone to do the same for him. Hes one of the finest people I have ever met in my entire life. I want so much to be there for him. I hope I can.

I wish you well with your father-in-law and his struggle.

My father-in-law has been diagnosed with alzheimers, so we are all trying do as much as we can now.

My wife and I got him a very cool little GPS trackable bracelet. He says he is now equiped with LoJac

Plans? Yeah, I have lots and most involve driving. :)

I leave work today and drive 250 miles to my in-laws, where my wife has been all week. Spend the night there, then get up in the morning and drive roughly 100 miles to spend the day with my big kids for father's day, and then head back to my in-laws later that night. Then sunday helping my father-in-law have a good father's day. Then up at about 3am monday and drive back to work.

But a day and an evening with my kids, and the rest of the weekend with my wife and her family is worth all the road time.

I hate driving.

I need a chauffer.

I wish you well with your father-in-law and his struggle.

My father-in-law has been diagnosed with alzheimers, so we are all trying do as much as we can now.

My wife and I got him a very cool little GPS trackable bracelet. He says he is now equiped with LoJac

That's not a bad idea for alzheimers patients.

Sol, Yeah my mom has dymensia. I have been in VA for a cuple of weeks helping my sis watch after her. Sis broke her hand... will be here a few more weeks.
and my pool is supposed to be complete this weekend in KY....ohh well.

Wow...!

I'm building my first hives. I have a friend who has some bees on his property in some old hives that he would like replaced. I'm going to be beekeeping this weekend...

Damo is starting a 'Umbrella Corporation'..watch out for those old hives though...I hear they carry the B-Virus...or was that the T-virus?..If it gets outta hand call 'Alice' I hear she is the best terminator around!...:cof1:

Beekeeping, Kewl, I need to get into that.
not sure if my squash in the garden will get pollenated and bear fruit this year.

As we speak.. Im having a new tile floor put in the entire house ... its dusty and noisy .... lotsa clean up ahead 'a me.

Now this is a true greenie... he doesnt just talk the talk...he walks the walk.

That's not a bad idea for alzheimers patients.

Its run by the local sheriff's dept. When we started researching alzheimers treatments, we found it. And its free.

My father-in-law had his first heart attack 13 years ago, and was only given 5 or 6 years. So its up for grabs whether he will live long enough for his mind to go. He has been on complete disability for 2 years. And that is driving him nuts.

LOL............

Don't get excited BB, I was talking to LadyT,not you.

Yes I was aware of that fact...just having a little fun as this and some other threads have turned into a bummer to start the week-end off...I feel others pain and such...but damn...sometimes one needs a break from the pain of life...have a great week-end...we disagree more than anyone...but you are entertaining!:cof1:

So you decided to go forward in spite of the neighbors! Good for you. :clink:

Back