What a Show Nancy

One thing I noticed about New Yorkers is that most of them seem to communicate in a very argumentative manner. This just seems to be the norm.

"All I ever meet in NYC are nice people."

I would agree with that as well.

"I don't know where that rep comes from."

I would guess that it comes from people from other parts of the country not being able to cope with the PACE of the lifestyle in New York (especially NYC). I think some people equate the fast pace to "being rude". Just a guess.

As for the violent part... I think RUDY cleaned up ALL the crime in the city... or something like that ;)

"Whiney Luke, Darned if you are not right, I had not thought of luke as a Republican before. Hence the big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when he found out billy boy was his daddy."

Well if Luke was the Republican... that would make Darth (the evil opponent) a Democrat. :D
Charles Wrangel - (raspy voice)

"One thing I noticed about New Yorkers is that most of them seem to communicate in a very argumentative manner. This just seems to be the norm."

That's just what happens when they talk to a slow hillbilly.... they get frustrated when you don't get something the first 47 times they tell you. ;)

One thing I noticed about New Yorkers is that most of them seem to communicate in a very argumentative manner. This just seems to be the norm.
I call it highly efficient. No time for BS, get to the meat of the issue.

"All I ever meet in NYC are nice people."

I would agree with that as well.

"I don't know where that rep comes from."

I would guess that it comes from people from other parts of the country not being able to cope with the PACE of the lifestyle in New York (especially NYC). I think some people equate the fast pace to "being rude". Just a guess.

As for the violent part... I think RUDY cleaned up ALL the crime in the city... or something like that ;)

I guess that is it. You can talk slow and be rude though, even if they don't realize this fact. And talking fast does not mean you are being rude. But I think that is the impression they get. Some of them talk so damned slow though...I could shoot myself. I talk to a lot of Southerners on the phone. Tennesee, Miss and Arkansas are the absolute worst ones of all. Georgia and No Carolina are fine.

I just about lost it when one guy told me "Youse Guys sho do taak funny down there"
Poor guy had probably never been out of the city.

"I guess that is it. You can talk slow and be rude though, even if they don't realize this fact. And talking fast does not mean you are being rude. But I think that is the impression they get. Some of them talk so damned slow though...I could shoot myself. I talk to a lot of Southerners on the phone. Tennesee, Miss and Arkansas are the absolute worst ones of all. Georgia and No Carolina are fine."

Agreed, but I think it extends beyond the talking. Overall, it is a hustle and bustle kind of atmosphere in NYC. People go hard, whether it is work or play... whereas the south and midwest like to take things slower. I love visiting NYC... but could never live there because of this. I like the more laid back atmosphere of CO.

"I just about lost it when one guy told me "Youse Guys sho do taak funny down there"

LMAO... you will run into a unique accent upon occasion, but I did not find that to be the norm in NYC. But then I have only been there a few times and may simply not have been as exposed to the city overall as much as you.

I guess that is it. You can talk slow and be rude though, even if they don't realize this fact. And talking fast does not mean you are being rude. But I think that is the impression they get. Some of them talk so damned slow though...I could shoot myself. I talk to a lot of Southerners on the phone. Tennesee, Miss and Arkansas are the absolute worst ones of all. Georgia and No Carolina are fine.

That would pretty much cover me as well.
Of course I have ny Hood voice and my professional voice. both are slow though. I guess you like the rabbit types of men though ?

Those from New York City in boot camp, for some reason liked to crowd into your personal space for no apparent reason.

Those from New York City in boot camp, for some reason liked to crowd into your personal space for no apparent reason.

Yeah they want to be right in your face, and keeping them quiet in the field....
Well that was where the city boys decided we country boys were handy to have around.

You guys are really down on Ny'ers. You would really like me if you met me. I'm really nice believe it or not, and I have a sincere smile and I make people feel comfortable. Plus, I'm fun. You have the wrong idea.

You guys are really down on Ny'ers. You would really like me if you met me. I'm really nice believe it or not, and I have a sincere smile and I make people feel comfortable. Plus, I'm fun. You have the wrong idea.
I'm not down on "New Yorkers" I work with them on a regular basis. They are always surprised that I am native to CO because I usually go at the same speed as they do during a conversation.

Back