Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Jews (for Asshat)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Watermark

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Grind

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
BTW, if you were going to stand up for me then thank you. I've admitted before to being an idiot and posting stupid things drunk when I wish I hadn't. I just said that one time I was not near a computer and there was no way I could have posted.

That's impossible. Maybe you sent the message from your blackberry.

Don't worry Darla, web genuis that I am, I can always sneak you the web video of the episode that they're referencing, so that you never have to feel left out again. ;)

That's impossible. Maybe you sent the message from your blackberry.

I don't have a blackberry which makes me feel like I'm living in the stone age. I almost feel embarrased when I pull out my regular cell phone around work people.

I don't have a blackberry which makes me feel like I'm living in the stone age. I almost feel embarrased when I pull out my regular cell phone around work people.

Well, just on the off chance, have you changed your password since then? because I would.

Waaaah... Libertarians are funny. Democrats just think they are funny. Republicans don't really even try.

;)

Well, just on the off chance, have you changed your password since then? because I would.

Seriously. It didn't sound like cawacko at all. It sounded like one of my fans, who goes off on bizzare rants about what a lying, facetious, POS I supposedly am.

Last edited:
Seriously. It didn't sound like cawacko at all. It sounded like one of my fans, who goes off on bizzare rants about what a lying, facetious, POS I supposedly am.

Well, as I said, you never know, and if anyone knows that it's me, so Cawacko, change your password.

it wasn't a big deal.

I just like teasing cawacko. He's such a good sport about it. Which you can't say about a lot of thin-skinned posters here. :)

I've told you before, get off my damn back!!! I am NOT thin-skinned, I just have a foul temper! Got it??

Kidding :clink:

the hippies were right

I hate poverty, wasted opportunity, the lack of free health-care, the widening separation of rich and poor, the fact that children die as we waste food and money and argue over some stupid morality that amounts to social Darwinism.

off my soapbox

Ah to return to the HIPPIE days, I miss them.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2007/05/02/notes050207.DTL&nl=fix

The Hippies Were Right!

Green homes? Organic food? Nature is good? Time to give the ol' tie-dyers some respect

By Mark Morford

"Go ahead, name your movement. Name something good and positive and pro-environment and eco-friendly that's happening right now in the newly "greening" America and don't say more guns in Texas or fewer reproductive choices for women or endless vile unwinnable BushCo wars in the Middle East lasting until roughly 2075 because that would defeat the whole point of this perky little column and destroy its naive tone of happy rose-colored sardonic optimism. OK?

I'm talking about, say, energy-efficient light bulbs. I'm looking at organic foods going mainstream. I mean chemical-free cleaning products widely available at Target and I'm talking saving the whales and protecting the dolphins and I mean yoga studios flourishing in every small town, giant boxes of organic cereal at Costco and non-phthalates dildos at Good Vibes and the Toyota Prius becoming the nation's oddest status symbol. You know, good things."

http://www.counterpunch.org/neville06022007.html

"Were the hippies right?"

"It is tempting to think so in this age of ecocide and terror. "Remember when we used to hang out and talk to each other", said a barely remembered friend as our paths merged at airport security. In Bali in '71 she had been Queen of Kuta beach. Both of us are time bankrupts now, like thousands of others who once scoffed at 'the system' and tweaked their lifestyles to the phases of the moon, contemplating Herman Hesse and organic fruit, trailing clouds of pot. We stretched to excess the concept of a misspent youth.

The world moved on and so did we, eventually. Parenthood, credit cards, mortgages, the whole shebang. The despised shopping mall was suddenly convenient. Disposable nappies a godsend. The CD/cupholder equipped Subaru never broke down. Our rage against the consumer society softened to a lullaby. Sure, we still supported Adbusters, Greenpeace and the right to strike, but the society of the spectacle seeped into everyday life and the dream of getting rich quick no longer seemed crass. Anyway, you needed the bread to pay the fares to fly to the conferences to learn how the world was endangered by toxic emissions, made worse by flights to conferences."

The "green movement" is a marketing ploy.

If anyone was serious about saving fossil fuel companies would be pressured to allow more telecommuting. This will never happen, as companies like to have physical control over our person.

Back