What cheesy trash gets married at Disney?

My last trip to a Disney park was 2000. There is almost no chance that I will do another.

For cheaper than Disney (And I can drive there in 2 hours) I took the family to Colombia for a week, we learned a lot more, had better food and saw different culture. Rode the subway and the Gondolas instead of the monorail and Space Mountain.

I bet it was safer also.

I meet Top for the first time on a forum where she posted over and over that gay people should not be allowed to marry or use the word marriage! She was and is obsessed by hating gays relationships!

That happens when your shriveled sad soul is filled with bitter envy over others' happier lives. It WAS pretty funny to watch the shrieking about how letting a gay couple formally receive the emotional and legal benefits of marriage was going to somehow denigrate the marriage SHE never had. It must be sad to have never been wanted or loved. Poor thing.

I didn't realize it until I attended, but those Elvis chaplains are comedic actors and it was the type of kitsch that was just goofy and funny.

We saw Elvis in concert the year before he passed away, then a couple years later we went to an Elvis impersonator supper club performance. He was actually better than the real Elvis!

For the record, I am not really an Elvis fan; I went with my sister-in-law who would have had his baby if he's been so inclined. lol

I am not a fan at all, its too fake for me. I prefer seeing cities or beaches or natural wonders.

It's fun but pricey. I liked Space Mountain and Mission to Mars (later Mission: Space), but have only been to DisneyWorld twice and Disneyland once.

Agreed natural wonders hold more appeal along with historical sites. I've been to most of the major Civil War battlefields in Virginia.

We saw Elvis in concert the year before he passed away, then a couple years later we went to an Elvis impersonator supper club performance. He was actually better than the real Elvis!

For the record, I am not really an Elvis fan; I went with my sister-in-law who would have had his baby if he's been so inclined. lol

The funny comedic Elvis impersonator always seems to be the Vegas Elvis. It just lends itself to Kitsch humor more than the young, slightly rebellious Elvis in black leather jacket.

It's fun but pricey. I liked Space Mountain and Mission to Mars (later Mission: Space), but have only been to DisneyWorld twice and Disneyland once.

Agreed natural wonders hold more appeal along with historical sites. I've been to most of the major Civil War battlefields in Virginia.

We went to Disneyland once; have not been to the Disney World in FL and probably never will. We went to Six Flags (outside STL) many times, esp. when the kids were coming up. Theme parks pretty much feature all the things I most detest: heat, crowds, noise, having to wait in line, nausea, sunburn, shitty greasy food, and empty pockets. lol

Meatball Ron, that’s who got married at Disney!

Wow. The judgiest jackwipes in the world are the lawyers that just pretend to know what the word "tolerance" means. Most people get married where their future wife wants them to, the dudes usually don't obsess over the ceremony as much as their future wife has throughout her life. His job was to show up where he was told, when he was told, and to say the words he was told to say while wearing the clothes that he was told to wear. He probably did a good job at that. His wife probably would marry him all over again, like the Florida voters with a brain who would vote for him again if they could.

I am not a fan at all, its too fake for me. I prefer seeing cities or beaches or natural wonders.
I like natural beauty too, that is why I consciously chose to live on the Pacific ocean.

Everyone has their own interests, but my wife and I don't go to Disneyland for the scenery; we go to feel like children again. In some real sense she and I still have the hearts of children, and there are many experiences at Disney that make us giggle and laugh like kids!

I like natural beauty too, that is why I consciously chose to live on the Pacific ocean.

Everyone has their own interests, but my wife and I don't go to Disneyland for the scenery; we go to feel like children again. In some real sense she and I still have the hearts of children, and there are many experiences at Disney that make us giggle and laugh like kids!

I know a lot of people who love it, its not my thing.

I took the kids, after standing in line about a half an hour for some ride, and after paying $500 to get the family in... they begged to go back to the hotel pool. That was the last time I went.

Wow. The judgiest jackwipes in the world are the lawyers that just pretend to know what the word "tolerance" means. Most people get married where their future wife wants them to, the dudes usually don't obsess over the ceremony as much as their future wife has throughout her life. His job was to show up where he was told, when he was told, and to say the words he was told to say while wearing the clothes that he was told to wear. He probably did a good job at that. His wife probably would marry him all over again, like the Florida voters with a brain who would vote for him again if they could.

My, that's a rather dark view of marriage from the guy's point of view. I must consult with Mr. Owl and see if he dares to admit that he agrees. :rofl2:

We went to Disneyland once; have not been to the Disney World in FL and probably never will. We went to Six Flags (outside STL) many times, esp. when the kids were coming up. Theme parks pretty much feature all the things I most detest: heat, crowds, noise, having to wait in line, nausea, sunburn, shitty greasy food, and empty pockets. lol

Going off season is the best. I'm not a fan of crowds. Of course, people with kids in school have scheduling issues with that idea.

OTOH, I'm a supporter of year-round school with 2-3 week breaks between semesters.

I tend to agree here. Kinda like "funerals are for the living". LOL

OTOH, it would also explain Casey's reticence in condemning either Disney or her husband in the previously posted interview. She's the Disney fan, he isn't.

61699087c840cb1f2ae361ad13fbcdca.jpg

Going off season is the best. I'm not a fan of crowds. Of course, people with kids in school have scheduling issues with that idea.

OTOH, I'm a supporter of year-round school with 2-3 week breaks between semesters.

Weekdays in the winter season, and other top secret intangibles are good times to go if you don't want to deal with massive crowds. Also, night time when the crowd thins out. Rainy days are great times to go.

Weekdays in the winter season, and other top secret intangibles are good times to go if you don't want to deal with massive crowds. Also, night time when the crowd thins out. Rainy days are great times to go.

Although the locale may dictate otherwise, my favorite time to travel to resort areas is late January through February; most people are broke or burned out after the holidays and many places offer off-season discounts.

Although the locale may dictate otherwise, my favorite time to travel to resort areas is late January through February; most people are broke or burned out after the holidays and many places offer off-season discounts.

Off season is the way to go.

Back