• Crack

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Marijuana

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Heroin

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Meth

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Ladyt's sweet sweet lovin', the most potent drug of them all . .

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Ecstacy

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Methadone

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Molly

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • DMT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cocaine (shooted)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Soooo clearly I need to be working where you work.

LOL! I used to get lots of volunteers, but no dice. These drugs are extremely carefully regulated, and we had to account for, literally, every grain. Same thing, at least in Ottawa, with phenobarbital.

You wouldn't like the antipsychotic drugs I work with now! They're the antithesis of those with addictive potential.

LOL! I used to get lots of volunteers, but no dice. These drugs are extremely carefully regulated, and we had to account for, literally, every grain. Same thing, at least in Ottawa, with phenobarbital.

You wouldn't like the antipsychotic drugs I work with now! They're the antithesis of those with addictive potential.

Tell the truth Thorn – did Cindy McCain ever try to “volunteer” there?

Tell the truth Thorn – did Cindy McCain ever try to “volunteer” there?

:p I don't think she knew about us! Actually I was at NIH for a while after graduation; so far as I know they don't have clinical addiction programs going on, or at least not then.

It was mostly people from my softball group who offered their "services".

Well, I've worked with 4 of those in the lab (heroin, cocaine, morphine, and ecstasy), but have never tried any of them or anything else on the list. I can't even take Tylenol!

My vice is good, rich and smooth, strong black coffee. Occasionally I like a nice neat 12-yr-old.

:eek:

Well, I've worked with 4 of those in the lab (heroin, cocaine, morphine, and ecstasy), but have never tried any of them or anything else on the list. I can't even take Tylenol!

My vice is good, rich and smooth, strong black coffee. Occasionally I like a nice neat 12-yr-old single malt Scotch.

Internationally, no drug is supposed to be banned for scientific purposes, but here in the US it's illegal to have it anywhere. Damn fascists. :(

There is actually good medical use for ecstasy, however, no one wants to legalize it for medical purposes because doing so would hurt them in the polls. Even though it's a safer drug than alcohol.

Internationally, no drug is supposed to be banned for scientific purposes, but here in the US it's illegal to have it anywhere. Damn fascists. :(

There is actually good medical use for ecstasy, however, no one wants to legalize it for medical purposes because doing so would hurt them in the polls. Even though it's a safer drug than alcohol.

What medicinal uses?

What medicinal uses?

For people suffering from Parkinsons, for instance, the L-Dopa is the treatment, and has a lot of bad side effects. MDMA also helps with Parkinsons. Whenever the drugs are combined in treatment, they help each other out exponentially, so it requires far less of each drug to treat parkinsons. So there would be far fewer side effects. They're currently looking for a drug that acts like MDMA, but doesn't have that name, so that they can use it instead. This is a waste of time. Have some fucking common sense. Conservatives are out of control

For people suffering from Parkinsons, for instance, the L-Dopa is the treatment, and has a lot of bad side effects. MDMA also helps with Parkinsons. Whenever the drugs are combined in treatment, they help each other out exponentially, so it requires far less of each drug to treat parkinsons. So there would be far fewer side effects. They're currently looking for a drug that acts like MDMA, but doesn't have that name, so that they can use it instead. This is a waste of time. Have some fucking common sense. Conservatives are out of control

Wrong. MDMA, or ecstasy, was being tested for potential effects on age-related dementia (distinct from Alzheimer's). I did some of that work several years ago. It acts on both Dopamine and serotonin, but far more on serotonin than does its relative, methamphetamine. The mechanism of action is to release the transmitter from the neuron terminal, and to prevent reuptake, which is definitely what you don't want in Parkinson's disease (PD).

PD is a condition that arises from rapid attrition (die-off) of the population of dopamine neurons originating in the substantia nigra and projecting to the basal ganglia. Other DA systems are affected as well, but less dramatically and overtly than the extrapyramidal system represented by the foregoing. L-DOPA is a dopamine precursor, so in a climate of fewer dopamine cells the basic raw material is provided by the medication. Only one further metabolic step is required to convert L-DOPA to dopamine, in other words. You don't want a drug, such as MA or MDMA, that further depletes the cell populations of their substrate.

I've only tried one. Want to try acid, but don't know anyone who can hook me up and subsequently babysit me.

I also learned that you can basically just soak the mimosa in some water overnight and it will be just as powerful as all of that boiling stuff.

Wrong. MDMA, or ecstasy, was being tested for potential effects on age-related dementia (distinct from Alzheimer's). I did some of that work several years ago. It acts on both Dopamine and serotonin, but far more on serotonin than does its relative, methamphetamine. The mechanism of action is to release the transmitter from the neuron terminal, and to prevent reuptake, which is definitely what you don't want in Parkinson's disease (PD).

PD is a condition that arises from rapid attrition (die-off) of the population of dopamine neurons originating in the substantia nigra and projecting to the basal ganglia. Other DA systems are affected as well, but less dramatically and overtly than the extrapyramidal system represented by the foregoing. L-DOPA is a dopamine precursor, so in a climate of fewer dopamine cells the basic raw material is provided by the medication. Only one further metabolic step is required to convert L-DOPA to dopamine, in other words. You don't want a drug, such as MA or MDMA, that further depletes the cell populations of their substrate.

Weird, I was never saw this post, and I was just reading about L-Dopa the other day and wondering why amphetamines wouldn't be a treatment as well. Thanks for explaining it.

Actually this was from a science article I read a while back. Now that I understand neurochemistry a little better though, it does seem odd. And why would they use MDMA instead of any other amphetamine if it's a dopamine disorder? They never went into the neurochemistry behind the article.

DMT is a very powerful hallucinogen, but it is a more of something that you take and pass out on than the more fun high of LSD. Which would mean that your wife could probably trip-sit you. I read that Mescaline is more in between LSD and DMT, and you can basically just buy and eat one of these cacti for that:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/3077542/4-12-inch-trichocereus-pachanoi-san-pedro

Peyote is illegal but they never got around to banning Pachoi, which contains the same ingredient.

I've read that it's really bitter stuff. I can hook you up with some recipes for making it taste not so awful if you want, or you can just eat it it like a real man.

If you really want acid I may be able to find some instructions on how to make it, but I'd assume there's a reason only trained chemists usually make the stuff and it's not just baked out at random like meth.

DMT is a very powerful hallucinogen, but it is a more of something that you take and pass out on than the more fun high of LSD. Which would mean that your wife could probably trip-sit you. I read that Mescaline is more in between LSD and DMT, and you can basically just buy and eat one of these cacti for that:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/3077542/4-12-inch-trichocereus-pachanoi-san-pedro

Peyote is illegal but they never got around to banning Pachoi, which contains the same ingredient.

I've read that it's really bitter stuff. I can hook you up with some recipes for making it taste not so awful if you want, or you can just eat it it like a real man.
Yeah, my wife isn't big on mind altering substances....
But I may know someone who'd be willing to make enough tea for two.

For a first time you may want to reduce the dosage to 7 or 5 grams of bark per a tea. If you really want to trip, go for the full 9, because at lower doses you may just get enhanced visuals.

Back