What is Christmas Dinner?

That's a nice sale...:) I think our Krogers had the same offering...

Kroger has been doing a great job of not only buying a lot of stuff that is hard to get, but then offering it either at cost or below cost, often only to loyalty members. Many people say that they are the best in the business in America currently.

Kroger has been doing a great job of not only buying a lot of stuff that is hard to get, but then offering it either at cost or below cost, often only to loyalty members. Many people say that they are the best in the business in America currently.
I do love Krogers...the loyalty perks are pretty darn good...but I just don't buy much meat there...picky me...
Ours is a smaller neighborhood one...lots of students worked there...and some of their kids/grandkids still do...I've shopped there Forever...but some around here are the newer, fancier marketplace ones...I might visit one someday...;)

School's out until next semester...so Everything is closed...No more orders until school reopens...
I'm just not an Austin Powers fan...though I have seen the movies...

That Ohio State place you once talked about if I remember correctly?

I just looked.....our Kroger 5.75lb chunk "Rib Eye Roast" choice was $16/lb rack rate....we paid half that.
Ralphs has ribeye roast for $7.99. It has no marbling, almost no fat at all. It looked like grass fed. If I had room in the fridge, that ribeye roast was perfect to dry age for 6 weeks.

Ralphs has ribeye roast for $7.99. It has no marbling, almost no fat at all. It looked like grass fed. If I had room in the fridge, that ribeye roast was perfect to dry age for 6 weeks.

I have heard that it is almost impossible to dry age successfully with-out a dedicated to that purpose frig.

Do you know different?

Prime Rib, Twiced Baked Potato , Fresh asparagus, oven roasted chunks of Butternut Squash...likely baked oysters pre.....apple crisp in cream aft.

Please do speak!

The missus had an old family recipe for apple crisp we loved.
The secret ingredient was grated sharp cheddar cheese added to the flour on top.
People would raise their eyebrows hearing about it but tasting was believing.
Even better heated up the next day.

Re dinner, never really did that. Might cook a turkey or get some spiral ham but mainly heavy hor d'ouvres (no I don't know how to spell it, busted).

Dad found an awesome one; brown equal parts hamburger and sausage then melt Velvita into it and serve on cocktail breads. Everyone would gather round the stove scooping up mix and shoving it into their pieholes. It was embarrassingly good.

The missus had an old family recipe for apple crisp we loved.
The secret ingredient was grated sharp cheddar cheese added to the flour on top.
People would raise their eyebrows hearing about it but tasting was believing.
Even better heated up the next day.

Re dinner, never really did that. Might cook a turkey or get some spiral ham but mainly heavy hor d'ouvres (no I don't know how to spell it, busted).

Dad found an awesome one; brown equal parts hamburger and sausage then melt Velvita into it and serve on cocktail breads. Everyone would gather round the stove scooping up mix and shoving it into their pieholes. It was embarrassingly good.

I have never tried that but it sounds like it would work....I have long enjoyed sharp cheddar over apple pie.

I could care less what you eat, or if you eat, Cuntsuelo. I'm more interested in your lying and why you do it. It seems that you change your stories depending on who you're talking to. For instance, back when you were trying to act normal, you had long discussions with Mason about keto, remember? According to you, you *never* touched sugar because it was "poison," and your diet was even stricter than his. But when you natter with your toxic sister, suddenly you're making fudge, peanut brittle, cakes, etc.

Sucking up must be sooo exhausting. How DO you find the time? :laugh:
I'm not eating sugar. I bake and make fudge because I enjoy the challenge, not to eat it. My diet doesn't consist of sugar but I'm not carb free by any stretch.

This is rare, you getting a reply from me so consider it your Christmas present.

You are unstable, ugly acting and mean spirited. No one I care to converse with. Back to no reply for you.

BTW that has been my birthday cake for as long as I can remember. Until I was maybe 11 it was amended with chocolate buttercream frosting and fudge filling between the layers, after that I have taken it traditional.
I bet chocolate frosting would be heavenly on that! Great idea.

I bet chocolate frosting would be heavenly on that! Great idea.

Not the way my Mom made it....it was too sweet for me even then.....and I like things even less sweet now. For the fudge filling she used Jello Brand chocolate fudge pudding with something like 2/3 of the normal milk. You let it chill some and then put in on, it is very important to do this at the right time. I forget exactly the recipe but this was once common. I dont even see this in the shops very often, the last fudge layer cake I have seen was a decade ago, though of course I dont get out much now.

Not the way my Mom made it....it was too sweet for me even then.....and I like things even less sweet now. For the fudge filling she used Jello Brand chocolate fudge pudding with something like 2/3 of the normal milk. You let it chill some and then put in on, it is very important to do this at the right time. I forget exactly the recipe but this was once common. I dont even see this in the shops very often, the last fudge layer cake I have seen was a decade ago, though of course I dont get out much now.
I always loved sweet and anything chocolate. Especially with an ice cold glass of milk.

Back