What is your favorite car??!!

I thought you didn't like girly roadsters? The 74 Spyder was essentially an MG with Italian embellishments. Same with the Fiat's Current Spyder 124 which is a Miata. It's even built at the Mazda plant in Japan.

Regardless they are a blast to drive. Keep it parked on the grass. Those suckers leak oil like a sieve.

The 124 is nothing like an MG, being far larger and not entirely a coffin on wheels. Highly advanced for '74, it has DOHC, 4-wheel disks, anti-skid rear brake system, 4 bar-link rear, 5 speed transmission, electric cooling fan, electric fuel pump, and fiber optic interior lighting.

I overhauled the engine, so no leaker.

4.jpg

Yea my brother had to learn the hard way about Jags. The cost to own is insane. Typical British car. Refined, Expensive and Unreliable.

My misses wants a BMW 3 series and for her it's branding she wants. She doesn't know squat about cars. Now I've driven a 3 series and it's a very nice car. A bit small but lively and responsive handling but the cost to own is just plain ridiculous.

My wife has a '12 328xi. After the "free" maintenance for the first x number of miles, she decided to keep it, so it's my job to maintain it. Not a big deal so far. Some of the fluids are expensive. For instance power steering fluid was $14/ qt. I order through Rock Auto, Amazon.

My wife has a '12 328xi. After the "free" maintenance for the first x number of miles, she decided to keep it, so it's my job to maintain it. Not a big deal so far. Some of the fluids are expensive. For instance power steering fluid was $14/ qt. I order through Rock Auto, Amazon.
I'm thinking about getting the Misses a Cadillac ATS. That's a hell of a lot of car for 35K. Actually lighter than the BWM 328XI. I'll give the 328XI props for slightly better handling but the Caddy is definately faster.

The 124 is nothing like an MG, being far larger and not entirely a coffin on wheels. Highly advanced for '74, it has DOHC, 4-wheel disks, anti-skid rear brake system, 4 bar-link rear, 5 speed transmission, electric cooling fan, electric fuel pump, and fiber optic interior lighting.

I overhauled the engine, so no leaker.

View attachment 6367

You'll have a lot of fun driving your Spyder around your parts. They are a blast on small mountain roads with lots of switch backs. You'll be grinning from ear to ear.

I'm thinking about getting the Misses a Cadillac ATS. That's a hell of a lot of car for 35K. Actually lighter than the BWM 328XI. I'll give the 328XI props for slightly better handling but the Caddy is definately faster.

I like the new Cadillac CT6 ...

But if I sell off my cars I just may treat myself to a BMW M6 ;)

My two favorite cars are not high performance or muscle type cars. I like them based mainly on body styling.

The first is one that I owned for a couple of years in my early 20's...

outside%20-%20021.JPG

This '73 Triumph TR6 is nearly identical looking to the one I owned. Same color and year, but with black interior and no roll bar. Not a high performance car, but with a straight six, 2500 cc engine, it could get up and move.

My other favorite is also based on body style. Never owned one, but I'd like to....

de39d09d9b2efac67a635aa298123bea.jpg

1965 Ford Falcon Futura.

My girlfriend just bought a 2017 Cadillac XST, it is really nice!

My two favorite cars are not high performance or muscle type cars. I like them based mainly on body styling.

outside%20-%20021.JPG

This '73 Triumph TR6 is nearly identical looking to the one I owned. Same color and year, but with black interior and no roll bar. Not a high performance car, but with a straight six, 2500 cc engine, it could get up and move.

My other favorite is also based on body style. Never owned one, but I'd like to....

1965 Ford Falcon Futura.
TR7's were pretty popular when I was in high school and the only real competition to MG. If you liked your TR7 you should try a modern Mazda Miata.

outside%20-%20021.JPG

1965 Ford Falcon Futura.

I had a '64 Falcon Sprint years ago. Swapped it for a '67 Mustang Fastback and shoehorned a 429SCJ into the Mustang. Crazy fast!!

Not much into cars since I don't drive, but I'd probably go for something like this, only with a some sweet custom paint.

New-Maserati-Granturismo-2018-e1498981300584.jpg

Cars are just one of those thing I have never given a crap about. Reliable and point A to point B is all I need.
Never been impressed with sports cars, monster trucks, Hummers, or high performance cars.

But, I will say I have always had a spot in my heart for the trusty Volkswagon Westphalia. Given a choice, I would rather have a Westy than a Porsche....
NhyVx8h.jpg

Back