What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

I took my old girl to the dog park today and saw an old dog park friend I hadn't seen in some time. Hes 66 has no kids no wife and even no dog. He a sweet guy and we always have fun jawin'. He brings treats for the dogs and we call him the "chicken man" because before he retired last year he would bring the throwout chicken from the resturant he worked at for 30 years for the dogs to have. He reminded me of this song and said the movie Marley and me he just saw should have had this song running with its credits. I had to come home and look it up I had not heard it in so long.

Old dogs and childern and watermelon wine

I took my old girl to the dog park today and saw an old dog park friend I hadn't seen in some time. Hes 66 has no kids no wife and even no dog. He a sweet guy and we always have fun jawin'. He brings treats for the dogs and we call him the "chicken man" because before he retired last year he would bring the throwout chicken from the resturant he worked at for 30 years for the dogs to have. He reminded me of this song and said the movie Marley and me he just saw should have had this song running with its credits. I had to come home and look it up I had not heard it in so long.

Old dogs and childern and watermelon wine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgaDhMg62jI&feature=related

LOL...sounds like me...kids are grown outta the house...whats left?...never mind just great memories...or something like that! Have a great New Years ~Desh!:cof1:

Right back at ya BB.

I dont think this guy ever married.

Say what? Ya talking 'bout me?.......naw I married twice, before I got a clue..I am more in line with cautious now......lol...then again maybe not....depends on who ya are...or not...weak maybe...or not...I have learned from experience...:cof1:

No I mean "Chicken man" from the dog park.

LOL...like some 'Chickens' from this forum? I like dogs and Kitties too...just cautious in the 'Golden Years'...Kiss kiss~Hug Hug...then again maybe not...bring me up to speed! Waiting with baited breath for the Lib/spin on this comment!...Lol

Is anyone keeping up with what day it is? By rights, today should be a Monday but instead it is a Friday and even worse than that it doesn't feel like either a Monday or a Friday. I am aware that this does leave me open to the charge of being mentally ill but i shall endeavour to explain.

New Year's Eve, which was on the Wednesday, felt like a Saturday because everyone went out to the pub and got pissed. New Years Day, officially a Thursday, felt like a Sunday because i could remember very little about the previous night's events and awoke to find myself lying on a floor, which i failed utterly to recognise. In my experience nothing screams "Sunday!" quite as loudly as finding a strange hand cupping one's most intimate area. The hand in question felt larger than my own (well you have to check for lumps, you know) and on closer inspection appeared to belong to something resembling a traumatised walrus.

"I must not drink again", i remember thinking to myself as i sprinted, at no little speed, from the domain of the slumbering, and i use this word in its most elastic sense, woman.

Anyway the upshot of all this is that i feel as though i have stepped, through no fault of my own, into a puddle of muddle right up to my middle. In short, i am most discombobulated.

Yes, i suppose i could just cast a roving eye toward my brand new 2009 charity calendar featuring, as it does, 12 of Romania's most photogenic malnourished orphans but, to be brutally honest, it only makes me feel sad - wondering whether young January will actually live to see in February. Nevertheless, this does not change the situation that some days just have a certain feel, a definitive ambience about them. Fact. And today does not feel like a Friday.

Sort it out quicksmart, Pope Gregorys XIIIs.

I shall now bid you good afternoon as i fear i can make out the unmistakable weighty slap of flipper on asphalt.

'Eight Days A Week' - The Beatles

Is anyone keeping up with what day it is? By rights, today should be a Monday but instead it is a Friday and even worse than that it doesn't feel like either a Monday or a Friday. I am aware that this does leave me open to the charge of being mentally ill but i shall endeavour to explain.

New Year's Eve, which was on the Wednesday, felt like a Saturday because everyone went out to the pub and got pissed. New Years Day, officially a Thursday, felt like a Sunday because i could remember very little about the previous night's events and awoke to find myself lying on a floor, which i failed utterly to recognise. In my experience nothing screams "Sunday!" quite as loudly as finding a strange hand cupping one's most intimate area. The hand in question felt larger than my own (well you have to check for lumps, you know) and on closer inspection appeared to belong to something resembling a traumatised walrus.

"I must not drink again", i remember thinking to myself as i sprinted, at no little speed, from the domain of the slumbering, and i use this word in its most elastic sense, woman.

Anyway the upshot of all this is that i feel as though i have stepped, through no fault of my own, into a puddle of muddle right up to my middle. In short, i am most discombobulated.

Yes, i suppose i could just cast a roving eye toward my brand new 2009 charity calendar featuring, as it does, 12 of Romania's most photogenic malnourished orphans but, to be brutally honest, it only makes me feel sad - wondering whether young January will actually live to see in February. Nevertheless, this does not change the situation that some days just have a certain feel, a definitive ambience about them. Fact. And today does not feel like a Friday.

Sort it out quicksmart, Pope Gregorys XIIIs.

I shall now bid you good afternoon as i fear i can make out the unmistakable weighty slap of flipper on asphalt.

'Eight Days A Week' - The Beatles

LOL. Excellent you didn't let me down Charver!

Well that's fascinating, Charver and I hope you and The Walrus have a good life together!

Bon Jovi - Woman In Love

How can you be so sure?

Walruses come in both sexes.

She was wearing lipstick and a dress, which i admit is still not conclusive as it could have been a visiting Republican. However i distinctly heard someone refer to her in the female gender. Moreover her tusks were considerably thinner and shorter than i would expect in a male walrus.

She was wearing lipstick and a dress, which i admit is still not conclusive as it could have been a visiting Republican. However i distinctly heard someone refer to her in the female gender. Moreover her tusks were considerably thinner and shorter than i would expect in a male walrus.

LMAO

Any detectable tusk marks on ones body could help determine the truth.

Have you checked?

Any detectable tusk marks on ones body could help determine the truth.

Have you checked?

Happily i can report that i appear to have escaped sans mauling. Although i do have a moderate amount of bruising on the upper torso, luckily my boys were only molested through a sturdy denim barrier.

Thank you Mr. Levi-Strausses i owe you more than you will ever know.

So, here I am listening to a bit of Elvis (a video actually, my wife had it on while she cooked) and my youngest overhears us talking about Elvis, the King ya know?

Well, she directly informs me in no uncertain terms, "No! Elves are little, like this <shows me with her hands>, and he isn't an elf!"

That is all.

Elvis - Jailhouse Rock

Back