What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Dedicated to H-Town and our very own Whiner in Chief!

No one sings it better than Diana!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9y1vGxPVAA&feature=fvw"]YouTube - Diana Krall: Cry me a river[/ame]

Dedicated to H-Town and our very own Whiner in Chief!

No one sings it better than Diana!

YouTube - Diana Krall: Cry me a river

I beg to differ, the Ella Fitzgerald and Julie London versions are still the ones by which all others are judged, although I must admit that Elvis Costello is a lucky bastard for getting to sleep with Ms. Kraal most nights.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XggjVo3j-o"]YouTube - Cry me a river, Ella Fitzgerald[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUOFV5TusE"]YouTube - Julie London - Cry me a river (HQ Audio)[/ame]

Last edited:
I beg to differ, the Ella Fitzgerald and Julie London versions are still the ones by which all others are judged, although I must admit that Elvis Costello is a lucky bastard for getting to sleep with Ms. Kraal most nights.

YouTube - Cry me a river, Ella Fitzgerald

YouTube - Julie London - Cry me a river (HQ Audio)

Tom - I know about Elvis and Diana. You aren't schooling me with regards to their union.

You have your opinion and are welcome to it.

Can you ever just say: "Yes she sings it lovely"?

It's always a one uppance with you!

Tom - I know about Elvis and Diana. You aren't schooling me with regards to their union.

You have your opinion and are welcome to it.

Can you ever just say: "Yes she sings it lovely"?

It's always a one uppance with you!

Yes, her version is excellent, I never implied otherwise. She also does a magic version of Crazy with her hubby and Willie Nelson.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PI_SverY0w"]YouTube - Diana Krall - Crazy[/ame]

Last edited:
It's hard to match the guitars in Dire Straits.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH74e3Qo9k"]YouTube - Sultans of Swing (with lyrics)[/ame]

I think it's a pretty well known fact I have the best taste in music on this board.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt_ZE_ib9Wk"]YouTube - Call of Cthulhu (Metallica)[/ame]

What a fine morning.

The sun has returned, after seven years of almost constant rain, to give the good citizens of England a hearty dose of vitamin D and keep the anaemia at bay for another week.

It really could be 2003 all over again as President Bush is all over the papers, telly and internets sites again, touting his latest work of fiction, the autobiography. Apparently there's nothing particularly surprising in it - torture is great, he thought about fucking up Iran and Syria, Tony Blairs was his bestest mate while Jaques Chirac was French and therefore evil.

However, i think the most interesting thing i have learned about Mr Bush is that his mother kept a foetus in a jar and showed it to him. I mean it was her foetus (she's not a weirdo or anything) and i suppose, given the option, most women would choose to keep a dead child in a jam jar or, perhaps, pickle jar depending on the size, for the specific purpose of thoroughly traumatising their teenage children in future years.

Pickles.jpg

"One of these could be your brother George"

I know we have different traditions in the UK and Americaland but i hope i'm correct in assuming that if i were fortunate enough to receive an invite to a family home in the States i wouldn't suddenly be confronted with the sight of a miscarriage on the mantelpiece, some say hearth.

'Instant Coffee Baby' - The Wave Pictures

What a fine morning.

The sun has returned, after seven years of almost constant rain, to give the good citizens of England a hearty dose of vitamin D and keep the anaemia at bay for another week.

It really could be 2003 all over again as President Bush is all over the papers, telly and internets sites again, touting his latest work of fiction, the autobiography. Apparently there's nothing particularly surprising in it - torture is great, he thought about fucking up Iran and Syria, Tony Blairs was his bestest mate while Jaques Chirac was French and therefore evil.

However, i think the most interesting thing i have learned about Mr Bush is that his mother kept a foetus in a jar and showed it to him. I mean it was her foetus (she's not a weirdo or anything) and i suppose, given the option, most women would choose to keep a dead child in a jam jar or, perhaps, pickle jar depending on the size, for the specific purpose of thoroughly traumatising their teenage children in future years.

Pickles.jpg

I know we have different traditions in the UK and Americaland but i hope i'm correct in assuming that if i were fortunate enough to receive an invite to a family home in the States i wouldn't suddenly be confronted with the sight of a miscarriage on the mantelpiece, some say hearth.

I hear that Tony Blairs book said that the French were teh EEeeeevil as well. There's some similar tradition that we can stand on. Except they did give us a rather nice statue which we adorned with a poem that nobody seems to know about and some bit of land to bury some of our guys that died on their beaches trying to kill the, apparently, more evil Germans...

images

Godsmack - Touche

What a fine morning.

Pickles.jpg

Well actually you could probably see something very similar to what's in your pickle jar in shape, but an old Mae West movie playing in the background might lend a clue...

"Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are ya just glad to see me?" ;)

Well actually you could probably see something very similar to what's in your pickle jar in shape, but an old Mae West movie playing in the background might lend a clue...

"Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are ya just glad to see me?" ;)

:D

Ah yes, i have heard about America's love of the sausage.

Gross-sausage-jar.jpg

I hear that Tony Blairs book said that the French were teh EEeeeevil as well. There's some similar tradition that we can stand on. Except they did give us a rather nice statue which we adorned with a poem that nobody seems to know about and some bit of land to bury some of our guys that died on their beaches trying to kill the, apparently, more evil Germans...

images

Godsmack - Touche

Well, Damo, i know about the poem - The New Colossus i believe. Who would have thought i was a pub quiz genius, eh?

(I have to admit, though, that i can't remember who wrote it and would have to Google it to refresh the memory)

Back