What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

Maybe it's me but I have a thing about white boys pretending they are from the ghetto.
A: Ghettos do not regulate based on color. I grew up in one.
B: I'm pretty sure he's not pretending to be from the ghetto, considering he lives in a small apartment on a quiet street, has a pet cat, etc.

Old Crow Medicine Show & Gillian Welch - The Weight

Gillian Welch and Old Crow Medicine Show!!!! WOW! Seriously Dix, this was my music back in my hippy days. My brother and I used to hit all the bluegrass and folk festivals every summer- just some very incredible acoustic string talent here! I am so glad this music lives on in stellar musicians such as these...

Gillian Welch and Old Crow Medicine Show!!!! WOW! Seriously Dix, this was my music back in my hippy days. My brother and I used to hit all the bluegrass and folk festivals every summer- just some very incredible acoustic string talent here! I am so glad this music lives on in stellar musicians such as these...

I have a festival I go to every year, but they take offense at being called a bluegrass festival, they have a variety of music.. americana.. A lot of tie-dye.. and vw buses.. and gray-haired hippies. I love it! All through the woods, at the various campsites, you can hear anything from Grateful Dead to Elvis Costello. In the past 4 or 5 years, the number of young people who've shown up, is amazing.. now it's all these old hippies like me, and the new generation of 20-somethings, sharing the beauty of the music.

ID, bring your daisy headband and come on down... you'd fit right in. :)

I have a festival I go to every year, but they take offense at being called a bluegrass festival, they have a variety of music.. americana.. A lot of tie-dye.. and vw buses.. and gray-haired hippies. I love it! All through the woods, at the various campsites, you can hear anything from Grateful Dead to Elvis Costello. In the past 4 or 5 years, the number of young people who've shown up, is amazing.. now it's all these old hippies like me, and the new generation of 20-somethings, sharing the beauty of the music.

ID, bring your daisy headband and come on down... you'd fit right in. :)

Hey, how'd you know about my daisy headband??? I just PM'd Loyal about that 3 days ago??? *wink*

Hey, how'd you know about my daisy headband??? I just PM'd Loyal about that 3 days ago??? *wink*

It was a lucky guess! You just seem like the type.

Here's an interesting band who played at our festival last year.. not really 'bluegrass' but very interesting...Rushad Eggleston is legendary.. Check out the electric cello...

Golden Apple Dance- Tornado Rider

Apart form the original, you would have to go a long way to hear a finer version than this one by Jeff Beck and Brian Setzer

Beck is better on the guitar but not so good on the nostalgia.
Tempted to put that on max volume and drive my neighbours mad.

Back