What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

I saw BOC in concert the day before this album came out. Considering the level of technology of the time it was one serious bad ass show.

This is another one of my beefs with the RnR HoF. Madonna, Michael Jackson, Dolly Parton and Tupac who are great artist in their genre but have contributed exactly nothing to RnR are in the HoF but ground breaking influential Rock acts with lengthy discography and influence in Rock, like BOC are ignored.

Truly wonderful band
Yes it is. I saw Little Feat twice back in the day. Once with Black Oak Arkansas and another with a native Ohio band Pure Prairie League. Both times both bands were great.

Since I’ve been going on rants today (I have the flu and I’m felling ornery) this wonderful country song reminds me of just how excellent country music used to be and how far it has now fallen to be, with out a doubt, the weakest and lowest form of modern popular music of all genres in this nation. The musicianship was well crafted from years of experience playing in front of audiences, not engineered into algorithms that stimulate neuromotor responses and lyrics crafted by people who actually lived what they were writing about. When I hear some wanna be suburbanite shit kicker singing to me about the hardships of rural life it just comes off as phony as you can instantly tell that they have never lived through these experiences. Jason Aldean comes to mind. Lord is his music bad. It’s more like an AI interpretation of country music. (Off soap box).

I loved the appearance of Bonnie Raitt and Emmy Lou Harris on this song even if it was just a bit part. I don’t think there are any current female country vocalist comparable to them or Allison Krauss.

For you young heathen barbarians who think Taylor Swift is the be all of female country musicians she couldn’t hold a candle to Emmy Lou Harris back in the day.

Yes it is. I saw Little Feat twice back in the day. Once with Black Oak Arkansas and another with a native Ohio band Pure Prairie League. Both times both bands were great.

Since I’ve been going on rants today (I have the flu and I’m felling ornery) this wonderful country song reminds me of just how excellent country music used to be and how far it has now fallen to be, with out a doubt, the weakest and lowest form of modern popular music of all genres in this nation. The musicianship was well crafted from years of experience playing in front of audiences, not engineered into algorithms that stimulate neuromotor responses and lyrics crafted by people who actually lived what they were writing about. When I hear some wanna be suburbanite shit kicker singing to me about the hardships of rural life it just comes off as phony as you can instantly tell that they have never lived through these experiences. Jason Aldean comes to mind. Lord is his music bad. It’s more like an AI interpretation of country music. (Off soap box).

I loved the appearance of Bonnie Raitt and Emmy Lou Harris on this song even if it was just a bit part. I don’t think there are any current female country vocalist comparable to them or Allison Krauss.

For you young heathen barbarians who think Taylor Swift is the be all of female country musicians she couldn’t hold a candle to Emmy Lou Harris back in the day.

Very true, sadly much of music in general has gone the same way.

Oh that was awesome! I loved the use of the theramin and the crystal wine glasses to replace the electronica chords. Can you imagine how this would have freaked people out in the 30’s?

I also like the use of a one wire 'steel slide guitar' and the saw with bow being played. And, yes, it would have been not just a freaky experience in the 20's or 30's to hear them, but it likely would have set off a new genre of musical innovation as a result.

I also like the use of a one wire 'steel slide guitar' and the saw with bow being played. And, yes, it would have been not just a freaky experience in the 20's or 30's to hear them, but it likely would have set off a new genre of musical innovation as a result.

Plus a load of seriously bad science fiction films.

Back