What taxes do corporations pay?

CTJ fights for:

"Fair taxes for middle and low-income families"

But screw the wealthy...

"Requiring the wealthy to pay their fair share"

What is fair? and who determines that? FAIR means everyone pays the same rate... but we all know that is not the objective.

"Closing corporate tax loopholes"

Fine... but why not close ALL loopholes... both corporate AND individual.

"Adequately funding important government services "

Right... and just who determines what is "important"?

"Reducing the federal debt "

Hasn't happened since 1960, so they haven't been very successful here.

Of course , if it si good for the corporations it is good for America. After all they are providing less jobs and benefits than before so they should pay less taxes.

Well, corporations pay taxes on income that is then directly sent to their salary department to be taxed again as personal income. Not ALL corporate income is taxed here, obviously, but you can see how such a situation isn't fair.

Also, most progressive tax schemes make little sense for corporations. If you had those making above 300,000 a year pay 40% taxes then 99% of corporations would pay that rate.

How about just a flat tax rate on all corporate profits. Say 10%

with the general tax fund having to start repaying in a few years the SS surplus they spent , the cost of the war, etc more tax revenue is needed.

Last edited:
Well, corporations pay taxes on income that is then directly sent to their salary department to be taxed again as personal income. Not ALL corporate income is taxed here, obviously, but you can see how such a situation isn't fair.

Also, most progressive tax schemes make little sense for corporations. If you had those making above 300,000 a year pay 40% taxes then 99% of corporations would pay that rate.
Salaries are not taxed at the corp level. The corp takes them out as an expense prior to tax. Dividends are double taxed.

Salaries are not taxed at the corp level. The corp takes them out as an expense prior to tax. Dividends are double taxed.

Sorry, my mistake...

Dividends are double taxed, but that doesn't seem to be as egregious or obvious an error.

But corporations mostly do not pay taxes because of corporate subsidies... something that I have always rejected. It's simialar to making slaves of the average person, and saying everyone has to work for that coporation for part of their time every year.

And US, 10% is the absolute minimum tax in the US. Shouldn't they pay more like 17%?

And they already DO pay a flat tax, BTW. Sorry about the confusion.

Taxing corporations is not the way to limit their destructive and dictatorial goals.
//

Not my goal AHZ, you assume too much. Just know we will have to raise much more tax revenue in the near future and looking for ways to do that.

What is fair? and who determines that? FAIR means everyone pays the same rate... but we all know that is not the objective.

QUOTE]

You sir, are the LAST sumbitch to be bloviating on and on about fairness.

Job!! where ya been suffering at guy ?

My cable's been mysteriously out ever since I went Lutheran. Right now I'm stealing internet from the neighbors with my wireless card. I'm sure the big man will find a way to jack that up also.

Back