What was the first style of beer you ever tried?

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
I went a bit hard on my first style of beer. I believe they call it a German doppelbock. It makes sense since I'm of German descent.

My favorite beer now is most NW beers. Especially Ambers. I would probably say Alaskan is my favorite.

My dad's Colt 45 was my first taste of beer/malt liquor. Like they say, it...

Colt45-Proc.jpg

One of my grand-uncles used to pour me a shot glass size bit of Black Label when we'd visit them after Church on Sundays. I think he did it to turn me off drinking forever because the stuff was nasty.

Back in High School we all drank Millers in the clear glass bottles. If I had a good week money-wise I'd buy Molsons. If I had a really good week it would be Becks Dark, and that is still one of my favorites.

i mean when I was 6 I probably had a sip of budweiser or something.

around 13 years later, my first full beer was newcastle

I was like.... wow... alcohol is awesome.

I went a bit hard on my first style of beer. I believe they call it a German doppelbock. It makes sense since I'm of German descent.

When I was growing up, all blue and white collar working men drank Bud, Miller, Pabst, Schlitz, et al. I think my Papa drank Stroh's, and probably let me have half a glass occassionally.

Back then, you probably would have been considered a bit of a fancy dancer for drinking Molson, Becks, or even Coors.

When I was growing up, all blue and white collar working men drank Bud, Miller, Pabst, Schlitz, et al. I think my Papa drank Stroh's, and probably let me have half a glass occassionally.

Back then, you probably would have been considered a bit of a fancy dancer for drinking Molson, Becks, or even Coors.

Now the issue with those brands is they capitalized after prohibition. Many of the big brands sold a weak sauce version of beer and made a fortune.

Now the issue with those brands is they capitalized after prohibition. Many of the big brands sold a weak sauce version of beer and made a fortune.

That I did not know.
The beer choices today are overwhelming, and I would not even know what to get even if I wanted to drink beer.
The only time I really drink is when I am around Russians, and a shot or two of vodka is basically just a social obligation.

One of my grand-uncles used to pour me a shot glass size bit of Black Label when we'd visit them after Church on Sundays. I think he did it to turn me off drinking forever because the stuff was nasty.

Back in High School we all drank Millers in the clear glass bottles. If I had a good week money-wise I'd buy Molsons. If I had a really good week it would be Becks Dark, and that is still one of my favorites.

My first was a lager..

I had that Dark a few times it was pretty good..

Have you had it lately?? Are they making it is St Louis now w/ the rest??

i mean when I was 6 I probably had a sip of budweiser or something.

around 13 years later, my first full beer was newcastle

I was like.... wow... alcohol is awesome.

Wow, what a great first choice.......... :thup:

I can't really recall exactly when I had my first one, maybe 20 years ago, but it instantly was a fav....

Not had it in a couple years but I hear they are no longer making it in Newcastle... Now in Netherlands & doesn't taste as good...:(

One trend I don't care for is the consolidation in the industry..

Many beers are no longer made in the same place, different water & who knows what else~ just don't taste the same..

Example rolling rock, becks, even Newcastle..........

Wow, what a great first choice.......... :thup:

I can't really recall exactly when I had my first one, maybe 20 years ago, but it instantly was a fav....

Not had it in a couple years but I hear they are no longer making it in Newcastle... Now in Netherlands & doesn't taste as good...:(

Wow, bummer. Newcastle Nut Brown Ale is one of the best beers in the world, and one of the few bottled in clear bottles.

I'm a beer snob a bit. One of the highest-rated breweries has a pub near us. I just got this to try. http://brewery.jollypumpkin.com/citrus-commander

I took a beer tour in Belgium last year and the guy was an admitted beer snob. In fact all the beer drinkers there are. Our guide explained that pubs carry dozens of brands, and each has its own glass. Not style of glass but an actual glass sanctioned by that particular brewer for that beer and labelled as such. And if you order a beer and it comes in the wrong glass, you must refuse it.

But they have 100% right to be snobs. Belgium beer, draft at a pub, is by far the best I've ever had.

I can buy one brand of Belgium beer at Lidl here, a four-pack costs about ten bucks. It's good, but not as good as draft.

Back