What was the first style of beer you ever tried?

Coors is a cheap beer I've never tasted outside cooking with it because it was a cheap option.

Back in the day it didn't have any preservatives and had to be shipped in refrigerated trucks and only within a limited range. It became a hot commodity back East. Two college friends of mine hat tickets to the Indy 500 infield and loaded up a pickup truck full of Coors, unrefrigerated, and drove it straight through. They sold the cans, warm, for a buck a beer. Almost $5 in today's money. They had money left over on their return.

https://www.nytimes.com/1975/12/28/...ly-in-the-west-coors-beer-is-smuggled-to.html
Sold only in the West, Coors beer is smuggled to the East. Henry Kissinger drinks it. So does Paul Newman, though he would abhor the Coors family's politics.

I tend to be a casual beer drinker that only has a beer or two with friends or family. The only time I've been drunk was in July after 5 glasses of a knockout punch. I bit my lip, barely felt it, and started laughing. I think that must be being drunk.

I am a teetotaler now, though once in a while I will indulge in a frosty cold beer or a shot of premium vodka. We drank some real crap in high school and college.

Why do you sound like an unemployed unemployable 26 year old?

Something has never added up about you.

Why do you give a shit, #10? You're one depressed night and half a bottle away from exiting this reality. Do you think you'll be dead before a 26 year old is 36? 50?

Why do you give a shit, #10? You're one depressed night and half a bottle away from exiting this reality. Do you think you'll be dead before a 26 year old is 36? 50?

Because I starting out hoping that APL was smart and cool, and then I got my education, the same thing I have gone through with you.

Back