What's for dinner thread.

I have the philosophy that if your oysters need any sauce, they are shit oysters. a squeeze of lime or lemon or nothing at all.

I hate mignets as it kills the flavor with vinegar.

cocktail sauce is ketchup, on an oyster? lol

that said, in new orleans the local oysters on a saltine with horseradish and cocktail sauce is a guilty pleasure. but you would not find me doing that to a kumomoto or a totten virginica.... the latter quite possibly the best oyster on earth.

I don't eat mexican oysters.

Raw Oysters with a sauce of Horseradish, Lemon and Cocktail is my go-to dip. Mmmmmm ... :)

I see there is a "recipe exchange" that has a long list of pre-thread banned members. I'm thinking we can all join in on the off topic fun without having to TB anyone.

I'll Start:

Slow smoked over post oak to a beautiful mid-rare/Rare reverse sear method Prime Prime Rib with yorkshire pudding.

prome-rib-yp.png

I will say one thing, you do eat well.

No picture but corn beef with cabbage carrots and potato's today.
I like cooking for my woman. Besides she has her own business and I retied early in life. So it works out great.

Chili Burger with this really interesting cheese the Wisconsin creamery it comes from calls Gruyere Cheddar, why I dont know, because this is certainly good enough to rate its own name.

The chili is Nalley...glorified.

No pics, but umm..

Spinach pasta Alfredo with bowties, ricotta, parmesan, and sweet Italian sausage.
Kinda use the pot with the lid as a Dutch Oven to finish it off.

Tell me you don't like prime rib....

I was wondering if I should trust Boston Market for their Prime Rib for $21.99!

They closed down Steak & Ale where you could get a 16 oz Prime Rib for $21.99 with all you can eat at their wondrous and delicious salad bar, baked potato and all the pumpernickle bread you could eat! They even had over 30 imported beers to choose from!

Damn, I miss that place!

I have the philosophy that if your oysters need any sauce, they are shit oysters. a squeeze of lime or lemon or nothing at all.

I hate mignets as it kills the flavor with vinegar.

cocktail sauce is ketchup, on an oyster? lol

that said, in new orleans the local oysters on a saltine with horseradish and cocktail sauce is a guilty pleasure. but you would not find me doing that to a kumomoto or a totten virginica.... the latter quite possibly the best oyster on earth.

I don't eat mexican oysters.
I love oysrers and agree only I do like to dip them in a bit of butter and lemon. Had some great xl pacific oysters thos year some almost as big as my palm

The big ones are for baking....you do know this right?

You know how I used to eat oysters? I'd bring a #10 can and a lighter and gloves when I went fishing.

Stick pole in water, pick oysters with gloves, start fire, scoop seawater, cook oysters.

Eat whether you catch something or not!
If you run out of bait, oysters stick to the hook pretty good. :)

You know how I used to eat oysters? I'd bring a #10 can and a lighter and gloves when I went fishing.

Stick pole in water, pick oysters with gloves, start fire, scoop seawater, cook oysters.

Eat whether you catch something or not!
If you run out of bait, oysters stick to the hook pretty good. :)

#10 CAN.....

+1

Eating oysters is like eating dirty snot.
Katzguts has an obsession with snot, so there's that....

Back