What's for dinner thread.

Costco has a Prime Rib roast ready for slicing at a pretty good price! I'm tempted to try it. And as time allows, I plan on Brewing up some more home brew here that is better than anything you can buy in the store. Making bread is a little tough for me, but I nave no idea where I could even purchase it anymore. All the NY style deli's around here use it, so I know it's available somewhere.

And I'm going to need a recipe for Creamed Spinach! What is the key ingredients? Spinach and Cream Cheese?
You could try the predone one....but it's so easy to make...the deli will sell you a loaf...
There are tons of recipes for creamed spinach...look up Morton's or Peter Luger's or Ruth's Chris...or Paula Deen:).... then make it your own....I don't use cream cheese but you can....I do use fresh spinach, heavy cream...nutmeg....I prefer a richer version...I'll post a recipe here if you like...
(One of the teachers just said the Costco PR is Very decent...so....;)

You could try the predone one....but it's so easy to make...the deli will sell you a loaf...
There are tons of recipes for creamed spinach...look up Morton's or Peter Luger's or Ruth's Chris...or Paula Deen:).... then make it your own....I don't use cream cheese but you can....I do use fresh spinach, heavy cream...nutmeg....I prefer a richer version...I'll post a recipe here if you like...
(One of the teachers just said the Costco PR is Very decent...so....;)[/QUOTE|

OK, yes, I love creamed spinach! Not Boston Markets- as it seems to be under prepared with too many chunks of unmelted Cream Cheese and the spinach looks like it's been through a blender.

(One of the teachers just said the Costco PR is Very decent...so....;)[/QUOTE|

OK, yes, I love creamed spinach! Not Boston Markets- as it seems to be under prepared with too many chunks of un-melted Cream Cheese and the spinach looks like it's been through a blender.

The last time I visited Ruth's Cris- I think I had to take out an installment loan just to get out of there! LOL!

You never had enough king crab legs until your fingers are bleeding from breaking them open. One piece soaking in butter while you break open the next one.

We do blue crabs all summer long. There was this video on youtube some 13 yr old kid figured out a way to pick em with extreme efficiency. I wish I could find it.

Best flavor a pain to eat.

We do blue crabs all summer long. There was this video on youtube some 13 yr old kid figured out a way to pick em with extreme efficiency. I wish I could find it.

Best flavor a pain to eat.

My pool and bowling teams "partied" rather well. We had Black Diamond steaks on the grill with the crab legs. Good refreshments as well. We were good at it.

The last time I visited Ruth's Cris- I think I had to take out an installment loan just to get out of there! LOL!

The best steaks you can make are the ones you make at home. the best steakhouse in the world cannot take the proper time it takes to cook thick prime steak per order.

Back