• It's a Long Way to the Top - AC/DC

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Helter Skelter - The Beatles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plus, the song is still popular, which speaks volumes.

yeah... always a tell tale sign... when a song can still be popular 30 years after it came out.... I'd consider that a hit. :)

Sometimes songs fade and then make a come back... I cannot recall any period since its release that it wasn't loved.

yeah... always a tell tale sign... when a song can still be popular 30 years after it came out.... I'd consider that a hit. :)

Sometimes songs fade and then make a come back... I cannot recall any period since its release that it wasn't loved.

It also doesn't hurt to have Weird Al give it his endorcement. :cof1:

You forget... we have these wonderful non stop sensations coming off of American Idol. Surely the next Led Zeppelin/The Who/Metallica/ AC/DC/ Zombie will pop up in the next episode.
Man I hear you. That's the problem with the industry. It's all led by accountants and a get rich quick mentality with no regards for the art. Well Art (at least the musical variety) isn't created on a spread sheet, thats' for sure.

It's a similar problem with the corporate dominance of the radio airwaves. A handfull of companies own all the radio stations with their "Top 40 Play Lists Written In Stone". After you've listened to most radio stations for 3 days you've heard their play list half a dozen times and that's what your stuck with. It sucks.

Good music isn't created this way.

Man I hear you. That's the problem with the industry. It's all led by accountants and a get rich quick mentality with no regards for the art. Well Art (at least the musical variety) isn't created on a spread sheet, thats' for sure.

It's a similar problem with the corporate dominance of the radio airwaves. A handfull of companies own all the radio stations with their "Top 40 Play Lists Written In Stone". After you've listened to most radio stations for 3 days you've heard their play list half a dozen times and that's what your stuck with. It sucks.

Good music isn't created this way.

which is why I never listen to the radio. Ipod all the way.

I ain't no panda man.... an 8GB ipod full of music is enough for me...
I have a bit over 18 Gigs on my 30 Gig iPod, and about 7 Gigs of movies for the kids. But go to pandora.com, if you don't thank me later then you are insane. (Yes, it works on both the iPhone and the 'droid...)

I have a bit over 18 Gigs on my 30 Gig iPod, and about 7 Gigs of movies for the kids. But go to pandora.com, if you don't thank me later then you are insane. (Yes, it works on both the iPhone and the 'droid...)

already annoyed with the flashing ads on the page and the fact it won't let you skip a song rather than like/dislike it... plus it tried to add itself to facebook. :)

Dixie, you think Michael Jackson, a pot artist, should be on the list. Nuff said!

I think pop is a subset of rock, and it's hard to argue with Thriller's commercial success and popularity. Think what you will about MJ, but he changed music. Okay, maybe Thriller isn't the "Best Rock Song" but neither is anything by The Ramones! I just think there were a LOT of really great candidates for this title, which were not mentioned, and several songs listed, should have never made such a list. Sympathy for the Devil is a great song, but I can think of several Stones songs which would have been better choices. Comfortably Numb... great Pink Floyd song, but what about Money, or Another Brick in the Wall?

already annoyed with the flashing ads on the page and the fact it won't let you skip a song rather than like/dislike it... plus it tried to add itself to facebook. :)
It lets you skip it, but per law since it is "radio" they can only let you skip so many. You don't have to "like" or "dislike" a song, however if you really don't like it, if you mark it as "dislike" you'll never hear it again. It's excellent on the 'droid... very good sound.

I think pop is a subset of rock, and it's hard to argue with Thriller's commercial success and popularity. Think what you will about MJ, but he changed music. Okay, maybe Thriller isn't the "Best Rock Song" but neither is anything by The Ramones! I just think there were a LOT of really great candidates for this title, which were not mentioned, and several songs listed, should have never made such a list. Sympathy for the Devil is a great song, but I can think of several Stones songs which would have been better choices. Comfortably Numb... great Pink Floyd song, but what about Money, or Another Brick in the Wall?

Back