Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Virginia

• Wisconsin

• Wyoming

• Total voters
california has tons of songs about their girls because they are insecure about how ugly they all are. Massachusetts doesn't have to brag because we know the truth.

Massachusetts sucks for the following reasons....

1) Miserable winters with no ski resorts
2) Miserable summers with 99.9% humidity all the friggin time
3) The Kennedy's
4) It is illegal to beat the crap out of those idiots in Boston with the accent from hell.... pronounce your 'r's' you morons.

As if it were any question:

Massachusetts is:

The smartest state: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/smallbusiness/1102/gallery.smartest_states/index.html

The state with THE best school system, with numerous centers of higher learning renowned internationally.

We rank number 3 in being the healthiest state: http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/16/unhealthy-healthy-states-lifestyle-health-states-top_chart.html

We rank #7 in being the best looking state: (#2 in fitness) http://www.stylelist.com/2010/02/02/which-state-has-the-best-looking-people-and-the-worst/

We are #5 in being among the richest states: http://theos.in/world/richest-state-in-united-states-america/

Top Ten in all five categories, and three of those we are TOP 5. Total domination across the board.

You combine that with our rich culture and history, and it's clear there is no debate. I don't want to hear from any michigan or ohioan residents in this thread. You are entirely outmatched.
:barf:

and the other 23% are fucking nuts!

I'm not that crazy.

Another thing which will make Grind happy. The morning DJ's on one of the music stations I had on today cited a GQ ranking of worst-dressed cities, which had Boston as #1. They also stated that Seattle had improved its ranking from years past, and guessed that the end of the Birkenstocks craze might have been what helped.

:cof1:

34. SeattleThe city that made plaid cool is somehow still wearing it, 20 years post-Nevermind. It makes sense: It's always cloudy there, often cool, and a good flannel shirt goes a long way. But when your city's whole identity is wrapped up in a few years of noisy, adolescent anger, you'd do well to let some of it die off with time, instead of pushing it onward, decade by decade, in a rainy haze of anti-fashion nostalgia. Quit damning the man for five minutes and get yourself a blazer.—Mark Byrne

Read More http://www.gq.com/style/fashion/201107/worst-dressed-cities-america#ixzz1SrMIipav

seattle.jpg

1. Boston Boston is like America's Bad-Taste Storm Sewer: all the worst fashion ideas from across the country flow there, stagnate, and putrefy. To be fair, it's hard to be a fashion capital when half of your population is made up of undergraduate hoodie monsters, including those unfortunate coeds who don't realize that leggings-as-pants were supposed to be paired with tops large enough to conceal their cameltoes. Yet when they graduate, they can wear their Uggs and still fit in at the country's largest frat party on Lansdowne behind Fenway, where they can take breaks between body shots to admire just how long boot-cut jeans can stay in style in one place. And any classy lady from Beantown is bound to be impressed by formal sportswear. "But Boston is the epicenter of prep style!," you say? That's true, but it's with a little extra that ends up ruining everything: Khakis!—with pleats. Boat shoes!—with socks. Knit ties!—actually, no one in Boston seems to have ever seen one of these. For the more proletarian-minded, there are the modest little burgs of Cambridge and Somerville, where everyone dresses like the proprietor of his or her very own meth lab. If you wonder how a people can live like this, well, it's Jurassic Park for fashion troglodytes: life finds a way.—John B. Thompson

Read More http://www.gq.com/style/fashion/201107/worst-dressed-cities-america#ixzz1SrN836LE

boston.jpg

I have been to 49.... so pretty damn sure.

Not inclucing changing flights in Hawaii and Cali, I've been to 31 States. I mean what's the criteria? If you go by natural beauty, I've not been to the Western or Rocky Mountain States. I know that during the warm weather months Appalachia and the Great lakes regions are spectacular. The northern parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin and the UP are incredible. Appalachia from the Addirondacks down though the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains are incredible too. The midwest has it's good points but is mostly one endless cornfield after another and are only exceeded in boring by the western plains States. The south central US isn't much bettter and Florida, once you get away from the beach, is one of the ugliest States in the country. Texas is ok or would be if it wasn't full of Texans. (JK)

I can't speak for the Western US but I've been all over the eastern US. In terms of natural beauty, West "By God" Virginia gets my vote. In terms of quality of life, North Carolina gets it.

Back