What's your favorite 80's music?

tinfoil

Banned
[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6984558796843584910&q=the+specials+&ei=fH2SSL7yLpTWqwOAytTQCA&hl=en"]YouTube - The Specials - Too Much Too Young[/ame]

Here's my favorite kind. Ska. And here's one of the greatest songs ever

I forgot about this song!!

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4343283223726526365&q=the+specials+&ei=CYGSSKONCZSIrgPAhdWvCA&hl=en"]YouTube - The Specials - Nite Klub[/ame]

The stuff at the beginning was very good (Specials, Jam etc) and the bit at the end was good (Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets). However the stuff in the middle, generally featuring drum machines, Casio keyboards and lead singers wearing either leg warmers or headbands, was akin to being subjected to advanced CIA interrogation techniques for the best part of a decade.

Was Soft Cell in there? I fucking hated that fucking song they did and I hated it with a passion. I know it was in the 80s because I remember driving to work and punching my car radio when that fucking rubbish came on.

My knuckles took days to heal.

But it really is crap.

I know, anger management.

Was Soft Cell in there? I fucking hated that fucking song they did and I hated it with a passion. I know it was in the 80s because I remember driving to work and punching my car radio when that fucking rubbish came on.

But it really is crap.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEh5pWjcWCg"]YouTube - Tainted Love by Soft Cell[/ame]

But it really is crap.

HaHa, there is a cover band in the Bay Area that is really popular called Tainted Love. I take it you wouldn't be buying tickets to see them???

You gotta give a hat tip to Boy George. Dandy boys like Stuperfreak probably really dug him.

I'm going with the Cure as the best music of the 80s, possibly REM as runner up. Although I'll always have a soft place in my heart for cheese metal hair bands - the Motley Crue rules.

Honorable mention, to Flock of Seagulls - that dude had the best haircut ever

10,000 Maniacs....they were awesome. Natalie Merchant is a Goddess.

But it really is crap.

tainted love????

You gotta give a hat tip to Boy George. Dandy boys like Stuperfreak probably really dug him.

I'm going with the Cure as the best music of the 80s, possibly REM as runner up. Although I'll always have a soft place in my heart for cheese metal hair bands - the Motley Crue rules.

oh look, the idiotic little leg humper once again went to his "your gay" "insult".

What is that now gumby... 1004 times you have used this pathetic attempt to "insult" me? Do the world a favor and put an end to your pathetic homophobic life. The women will be safer and the men won't have to put up with your idiocy anymore.

Weird Al gave his hair an honorable mention in "Albuquerque."

Bob Seger, John Prine, Harry Chapin (died in early 80s), Bob Marley (died in early 80s too), Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughan (dead too).

In the 80s, whenever I had the chance to jam the music (not easy with babies & little kids), I was usually listening to Seger, Clapton, Springsteen or Stevie Ray.

Lotta memories tied up with those old cassettes. I remember driving out to the river for a daytime date with my wife and popping in Soul to Soul or Texas Flood and letting Stevie Ray take us home.

But it really is crap.

LOL

To me the 80's was a barren decade musically. Not much I enjoyed or listened to regularly. The rock&roll degenerated into a wall of noise sound. The soul music not as good as the Temps, OJ's or even Ronnie and the Ronettes (except for Michael). I did like this tune.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUod3jGQt0U"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

after a little research I did find some artists from the 80's that I liked.
Hotel California
B-52s
Peter Gabriel
Sammy Hagar
Tough of Gray-The G. Dead
and this one, which pretty much sums up the 80's
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaAOCGb3bw"]YouTube - Pop Music[/ame]

The only good rock these days is indie rock. All the rest is either heavy metal or Hinder IE wall of noise, as you so aptly described it. Actually, the situation was pretty much the same in the 80's. The biggest problem with indie rock is their obsession with meaningless Cobain-esque lyrics, and I just can't really stand to listen to a song, no matter how good the sound, once I know that the lyrics don't mean anything together and are just several emotional statements strung together with a melody.

R&B and Soul have seriously degenerated. Electronic instruments really did untold harm to the world of popular music. Also, people use way too much fucking autotune.

Back