What's your favorite 80's music?

It's always a good day when YYZ shows up on your luggage tag

This catches spot on the energy of a Rush concert.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCZvRNgLnI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Petty has some great songs

No doubt. I have four bands I've never seen live that are on my bucket list and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is one of them also;

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band
REM
U2

I've had several oppurtuinities to see the boss and blew it off (shame on me) and several times could have seen U2 but couldn't justify taking out a second mortgage to pay for nose bleed seats.

How to make a hard man humble

I dedicate this one to Dixie...lighten up dude. :cof1:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUMcGZTxMIc&feature=related"]YouTube - Frankie Goes to Hollywood - RELAX (BANNED version)[/ame]

I was just kidding Desh. The hair bands were ridiculous. Men shouldn't wear spandex...

I was into Iron Maiden and AC/DC. And 80s alt rock. But I could never get into the hair spray or the power ballads of the cheese metal bands. Extremely lame!
Cypress is too embarrassed to admit his love for Twisted Sister.

Pink Floyd (The Wall came out in 1982), GNR, U2, AC/DC, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, ....

Well, there's a few of them.

Actually The Wall came out in 1979 and I would consider Pink Floyd more of a 70's band as they did most of their best work in the 70's.

Actually The Wall came out in 1979 and I would consider Pink Floyd more of a 70's band as they did most of their best work in the 70's.
The film, fool. 1982 is when it was released. And you would consider them that, but you would be wrong. Some very excellent stuff came out in the 80s from the band after Roger Waters left.

Cypress is too embarrassed to admit his love for Twisted Sister.

Naaa he has a point. I was a big REO Speedwagon fan until Kevin Cronin pushed out Gary Richrath,one of the greatest lead guitarist ever, and changed REO's emphasis from hard rock to power ballads. Styx and Journey did the same thing in the mid to late 80's and they all went down hill after that.

The film, fool. 1982 is when it was released. And you would consider them that, but you would be wrong. Some very excellent stuff came out in the 80s from the band after Roger Waters left.

Yes they did. They also put out some great stuff when Sid was with the band in the 60's. But their most productive period was the 70's. Ummagumma, Live at Pompey, Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall.

No, I just made it up to see if Damo believed it.

When I was a teenager in 1978 I was working as a busboy at a local hotel when Jim Dandy/ Black Oak Arkansas and Blue Oyster Cult stayed the night at our Hotel. Buck Darma was a madman back then.

Jim Dandy invited me and my coworker to go to the drive in theater in the bands road van with his rythem guitarest. We had a great night. Jim Dandy was one cool dude.

When I was a teenager in 1978 I was working as a busboy at a local hotel when Jim Dandy/ Black Oak Arkansas and Blue Oyster Cult stayed the night at our Hotel. Buck Darma was a madman back then.

Jim Dandy invited me and my coworker to go to the drive in theater in the bands road van with his rythem guitarest. We had a great night. Jim Dandy was one cool dude.
I'd love to have met BOC.

Back