What’s Your Favorite Christmas Cookie

Hahahaha.... that brings back a funny old memory. I used to bake the cookies far ahead of Christmas, then put them in saved plastic margarine tubs and stash them in the freezer downstairs. Apparently the secret got out because one Christmas Eve when I went to fetch them upstairs to be thawed, the tubs were nearly empty!

The next year I stored them in clean tubs I got from the butcher that said "chicken liver" on them. No more pillaging and looting. lol
Great story! Yeah, not a chicken liver fan.

We'll just start another one for the entire thread. Seriously? Who bans someone from a recipe thread?
Really good Christmas Cutouts are the most fun and delicious. We still do cookies exchanges with friends and neighbors every year-anyone else?
(I guess we should just start a new recipe thread. For everyone. As it should be :roll eyes:)
Only a very weak person 'bans' people from threads.

Only a very weak person 'bans' people from threads.

Nah. People who want to have a pleasant conversation like we've been having here ban shit-disturbers from threads. You had nothing of value to add to the one where you were retroactively-banned; you just posted some spite.

I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I like sugar cookies, doing this time of year!

Funfetti-Sugar-Cookies-3.jpg

These are my favorite but before putting on the sprinkles spread them with a big glob of buttercream icing!

Nah. People who want to have a pleasant conversation like we've been having here ban shit-disturbers from threads. You had nothing of value to add to the one where you were retroactively-banned; you just posted some spite.
Huh? Retroactively banned?

I haven't even posted much here lately so you're just making shit up now.

Perpetual post-election butthurt at its finest.

My mom's Christmas sandies cookies:

Ingredients
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
• Additional confectioners' sugar
Directions
• 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts. Refrigerate until chilled.
• 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners' sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.

~~~
This year I'm going to try making them with black walnuts.

Looked up the recipe, those sound yummy, I love cardamon and ginger!

I don't know how my grandmother, aunt, and cousins make them, but this seems pretty authentic. Probably plenty of other recipes for them on the interwebs. My advice - use recipes written by actual East Slavs, or people with an east Slavic heritage!

Back