What's your favorite foods?

Of all foods, give me fresh from the oven bread, flat iron steak, Memphis style ribs, Cuban sandwiches, or some really good pizza. None of the stuff that gets blackened dough blisters though, I hate that.

That's so true. This time of year my thoughts drift to memories of my late husband. (He passed in Feb. 2005.) He was a large and beefy guy, bearded but lots of gray in there, swarthy, at first glance looked like what he was -- a person who worked at hard labor most of his life even though he knew computers back in the early days like no one's business. He had this thing. I don't know what it was, but it caught me. It even caught my adolescent daughters, and my sophisticated European women friends. He didn't much like dining out but when we did, women would stare and brush up by him. He loved to sing karaoke in bars and our local VFW hall. That was even more interesting.... even though I was sitting next to him at a table, women would come up to him and sit down, touch him, openly flirt. He was a Babe Magnet! He didn't flirt, look around and check out women, make obvious eye contact, move or dress seductively. He just had That Thing. If it could be bottled, we'd be rich. And that was his name -- Rich. The last words I ever heard him say were these: "Tell her that I love her too!" as the ambulance took him off to the hospital where he died, and my youngest stood crying in the driveway. Amazing guy. I'm lucky he chose me.

This photo is him and me, 3 months before he passed.

cIT8OQP.jpg

That's a really nice tribute to him. Is it my computer or did he really have bedroom eyes? :D

This is a beer from Quebec, Canada my cousin Nikita introduced me too. It is a French-Canadian interpretation of a Belgian saison ale - which, as I understand it is a traditional winter Belgian ale historically brewed on farms. It tastes hella good with a serving of poutine!
Hftigtd.jpg

When I am tooling around Ottawa and Toronto, I like to stuff my face with these Canadian pastries called Beavertails.
LuoJD18.jpg

ybIhlpL.jpg

Oh yeah I have that on my Banff itinerary. Along with this place in Regina. https://www.sinfullysweetcathedral.ca/ That wrath cupcake has my name on it.

That looks pretty cool.

On the topic of pastries, a woman at work has a habit of making me German stollen bread. I could eat that stuff all day! Problem is, I have a Dutch friend at work who insisted to me that Stollen bread is actually Dutch, not German - so I kind of started an international incident.

VBRSxU6.jpg

That looks pretty cool.

On the topic of pastries, a woman at work has a habit of making me German stollen bread. I could eat that stuff all day! Problem is, I have a Dutch friend at work who insisted to me that Stollen bread is actually Dutch, not German - so I kind of started an international incident.

VBRSxU6.jpg

I always thought it was German.

That looks pretty cool.

VBRSxU6.jpg

Hey cypress I know it's a sin for me to respond to you but my favorite food is buffalo wings!

Back