What's your favorite foods?

Q-tip save yourself the trouble, and just leave. It's easier than banning you, as I'm sure you'll get on the mods nerves.

Oh yeah. I saw that on the same TV show. I'm a big eater, but those things are always ridiculous. Still I could put away some serious pancakes. Maybe half of this, or even a little more if I was starved.
mancakes.jpg
Whenever I go to Thurman's I eat about half dang thing and then bring the other half home to my four legged buddy.

Whenever I go to Thurman's I eat about half dang thing and then bring the other half home to my four legged buddy.

I found out recently that it's not good to feed dogs bacon. It's because of the salty solution it's cured in. I even found out dairy isn't great for them either, as they lose the enzymes that break it down when they age. So essentially it's the same as people that become lactose intolerant. I use to give my dog cheese, and even milk at times.

Not really. When it comes to women being attracted to a man, as a man, you either got it or you don’t and good looks often have little to do with it.

That's so true. This time of year my thoughts drift to memories of my late husband. (He passed in Feb. 2005.) He was a large and beefy guy, bearded but lots of gray in there, swarthy, at first glance looked like what he was -- a person who worked at hard labor most of his life even though he knew computers back in the early days like no one's business. He had this thing. I don't know what it was, but it caught me. It even caught my adolescent daughters, and my sophisticated European women friends. He didn't much like dining out but when we did, women would stare and brush up by him. He loved to sing karaoke in bars and our local VFW hall. That was even more interesting.... even though I was sitting next to him at a table, women would come up to him and sit down, touch him, openly flirt. He was a Babe Magnet! He didn't flirt, look around and check out women, make obvious eye contact, move or dress seductively. He just had That Thing. If it could be bottled, we'd be rich. And that was his name -- Rich. The last words I ever heard him say were these: "Tell her that I love her too!" as the ambulance took him off to the hospital where he died, and my youngest stood crying in the driveway. Amazing guy. I'm lucky he chose me.

This photo is him and me, 3 months before he passed.

cIT8OQP.jpg

Last edited:
Who gets the blame for running this thread off topic?

But back to foods.
If there is anyone traveling in PA. near the Lancaster/Reading area, not far off the PA. Turnpike Exit 286/Denver, there is a large smorgasbord called the Shady Maple (https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord) that has a 200 ft. buffet, plus stations that grill made-to-order steaks and other meats. There's just about anything you'd want to eat and the food is great. The GF and I go there every year when we attend the NHRA Nationals in Mohnton.

food.jpg

Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the Schnitzel on both sides until brown and cooked through; Take the meat from the pan and keep warm. Fry the finely chopped onion, ham and mushrooms for a couple of minutes then add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil.

View attachment 6097

Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the Schnitzel on both sides until brown and cooked through; Take the meat from the pan and keep warm. Fry the finely chopped onion, ham and mushrooms for a couple of minutes then add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil.

A friend told us to try Himalayan Salt,has more minerals is much better for you than table salt,and more flavor.

Back