What's your favorite foods?

I've seen plenty of coffee flavors, but thar's where I live. It's probably different where you live. Cold Stone Creamery, normally has coffee ice cream though.

I went to an ice cream parlor in Merida, Venezuela that is world-renowned for creating bizarre ice cream flavors.

To this day, I still remember the spaghetti flavored and beer flavored ice cream.
Apparently they are continually upping their game, and have Trout, mushrooms in wine, hot dog flavored ice cream. Sounds delicious!

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/coromoto-ice-cream-shop

I went to an ice cream parlor in Merida, Venezuela that is world-renowned for creating bizarre ice cream flavors.

To this day, I still remember the spaghetti flavored and beer flavored ice cream.
Apparently they are continually upping their game, and have Trout, mushrooms in wine, hot dog flavored ice cream. Sounds delicious!

The weirdest I'd try would probably be nori, or blue cheese flavors. Some of those made me cringe a little bit though, mostly because they just happen to be things I don't like outside of ice cream. I do like shiitake mushrooms though, and I will eat a quality chili dog, with handmade hot dogs. As of now I mostly eat a healthier ice cream. It's made by this brand. The sweetener is natural, but can cause digestive issues if you consume way too much.

https://www.halotop.com/

I'm eating this one right now.

It seems we have a critic of this place, so I thought I'd share this.

1. Pineapple
2. Kale
3. Blackberries
4. Collard Greens
5. Nuts
6. Potatoes
7. sweet potatoes
8. Celery

Those are just a list of favorites I either had to give up, or limit with my kidney stone issues. Apparently Havana Moon doesn't understand kidney stones. Oxalate is a plant based mineral.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this. One learns something new everyday. Thanks!

My Aunt used to make me Shepard's pie, and it was one of my all time favorite meals.

I recently found out the little pub down the street from me makes it....hallelujah!

197726_640x428.jpg

The weirdest I'd try would probably be nori, or blue cheese flavors. Some of those made me cringe a little bit though, mostly because they just happen to be things I don't like outside of ice cream. I do like shiitake mushrooms though, and I will eat a quality chili dog, with handmade hot dogs. As of now I mostly eat a healthier ice cream. It's made by this brand. The sweetener is natural, but can cause digestive issues if you consume way too much.

https://www.halotop.com/

I'm eating this one right now.

What is the sweetener used?

It seems we have a critic of this place, so I thought I'd share this.

1. Pineapple
2. Kale
3. Blackberries
4. Collard Greens
5. Nuts
6. Potatoes
7. sweet potatoes
8. Celery

Those are just a list of favorites I either had to give up, or limit with my kidney stone issues. Apparently Havana Moon doesn't understand kidney stones. Oxalate is a plant based mineral.

It is -- it's what gives wild sorrel (buttercups) that delicious lemony-tart taste.

I found this black capelin caviar on sale for a ridiculously low price, and even though it not remotely close to being a top-tier caviar, I think it is still going to be very tasty with my bagels and cream cheese tomorrow!
41bTOdhMfhL.jpg

Do you ever watch that show with the guy who flits about the globe eating weird crap and making an entire episode out of it?
That's Andrew Zimmern and I love his show. It's interesting how cultural differences make a difference in what foods you find appealing and what's gross.

For example, my Asian wife thinks cheese is the most disgusting food ever invented and watching people eat it just nauseates her. I've watched her turn green in the face watching people eat lasagna. And she'll tell you that while she eats a hard boiled duck fetus.

There's a place called Sickies Garage, in Rapid city SD. I forget what show I saw it on, but I wanted to eat this burger.

7d8705a4ad141713d5ffe5d9d159bac6.jpg
We have a joint here in the German Village area of Columbus called Thurman's Cafe and their burger makes that Sickies one look pretty puny by comparison.

Venison steaks cooked on the grill.

I get mine by shooting them with my AR-15.

I still have a few venison steaks left in the freezer, complements of my 700 BDL. I marinate them for a day in the GF's home made marinade, then add a sprinkle of Montreal Steak Seasoning while I grill them. They are excellent.

Check out the Thurman Burger....than check out THE THURMINATOR (designed specifically for Arnold).

Oh yeah. I saw that on the same TV show. I'm a big eater, but those things are always ridiculous. Still I could put away some serious pancakes. Maybe half of this, or even a little more if I was starved.
mancakes.jpg

I rarely marinade but when I do I'll use Italian dressing or Worcestershire sauce.

The GF also makes a marinade with ranch dressing and bacon bits for chicken. That's pretty darn good, too.

Back