Wheres Cawacko?

Fuck you Wacko. I had 8 gin and tonics (bite me Billy they were doubles) and I'm going to watch Wisconsin stomp some Trojans. Why don't you call me any more? Why don't you write? Fuckin old lady's pissed cause I came home drunk and missed dinner. Fuck it...I'm tired of eating rice anyways. God damned Spartans. We should be in the playoffs.

I can't believe Meadowlark is dead...I need another drink. Fuck Christmas. It sucked this year.

I loved this man

the globe trotters were some o my heros as a kid.

Meadowlark was such a wonderful person

its like losing a piece of my childhood

For slandering the greatest learning institution in the nation.

Wow, I didn't even know OSU was a learning institution. When did that happen? Last I heard all you needed was a pulse to get in. And a pulse and tuition got you a degree...

I had a very similar experience living in the south for seven years myself.

My brother lived in the Atlanta area when I moved there. He told me to get ready to hate the SEC. I asked why. He said you don't love them, so now that you're in SEC country you're going to hate them. Man, he was right. As good as the SEC is, they are nowhere as good as they think they are...

This year was even easier to root for Ohio. They played Notre Dame, I enjoyed DVR'ing both games and going back and forth

I rest my case...

I know you hate us because you think we look down on you, but who gives a shit? You went to Michigan State...

If I ever want to stick my hand in a cow or grow corn I'll come to you though

You'll have to bring your mom if you want to learn anything about cows.

This UM vs MSU show is reminding me of UW vs WSU. There is an awesome bumper sticker that Huskies fans created which reads "All Dirt Roads Lead to Pullman."

This UM vs MSU show is reminding me of UW vs WSU. There is an awesome bumper sticker that Huskies fans created which reads "All Dirt Roads Lead to Pullman."
Yea....we have a bumper sticker like that here.

"Our brightest child is an Honor Student at The Ohio State University!"
(we sent the stupid one to Michigan)

I swear, the most annoying people in all of collegiate America are Miami people saying "THA YOU," and OSU people saying "THE Ohio State University." :D

I swear, the most annoying people in all of collegiate America are Miami people saying "THA YOU," and OSU people saying "THE Ohio State University." :D
Yea....it's pretentious as hell...but not as pretentious as a bunch of shit kicking, manure pitching, mackerel snapping Hoosiers building a parochial school and calling it "Notre Dame". :p

Wow, I didn't even know OSU was a learning institution. When did that happen? Last I heard all you needed was a pulse to get in. And a pulse and tuition got you a degree...
who are you e kidding? I go to the U. Of Michigan library/BP Station every other day on the way to work.

My brother lived in the Atlanta area when I moved there. He told me to get ready to hate the SEC. I asked why. He said you don't love them, so now that you're in SEC country you're going to hate them. Man, he was right. As good as the SEC is, they are nowhere as good as they think they are...

This year was even easier to root for Ohio. They played Notre Dame, I enjoyed DVR'ing both games and going back and forth
It looks like Hairball and Meyer are going to restore the greatest rivalry in sports after the damage Cooper, Richrod and what's his name did to it. I always told the SEC goobers that their superiority mythology was nonsense cause over the long haul only Alabama can play with OSU and Mich year in and year out. Oh sure LSWho, Florida and Tenn will have their years but play head to head with OSU and Mich year in and year out? Only Bama is in that league.

Besides BIG players can actually sign their names on the ball.

The BIG is really on the upswing. If PSU and Nebraska get back on track, and they will, it's going to be super competitive. Particularly if Wiscons and MSU can stay on track. Considering how those programs are now spending money on football like the traditional powers there's going to be a lot of great football in the BIG.

I rest my case...

I know you hate us because you think we look down on you, but who gives a shit? You went to Michigan State...

If I ever want to stick my hand in a cow or grow corn I'll come to you though
this was the best Billy burn ever. I may frame this. :)

Yea....it's pretentious as hell...but not as pretentious as a bunch of shit kicking, manure pitching, mackerel snapping Hoosiers building a parochial school and calling it "Notre Dame". :p

Hey, you have to admit, aside from the stretch where a Hoosier basketball coach thought he was John Wooden, that without Notre Dame, Indiana would be nothing. The Irish take an Ohio and make it a Jersey. :D

Yea....we have a bumper sticker like that here.

"Our brightest child is an Honor Student at The Ohio State University!"
(we sent the stupid one to Michigan)

Is the purpose of that to confuse us? Given our dominance in every field in educational rankings, I don't think it's possible for us to be offended by that

Is the purpose of that to confuse us? Given our dominance in every field in educational rankings, I don't think it's possible for us to be offended by that
Doesn't matter to me. I don't have a dog in that fight. I didn't attend either school. Though I did work for almost 3 years as a research assistant at OSU graduate school of Ceramic Engineering/Materials Science which was rated #3 nationally in that discipline behind Alfred University and U. Ill. Quite an achievement considering I didn't have a graduate degree, at the time and my undergraduate degree was a BA in human biology. Ended up going to small private schools for graduate work. I learned more in one year at Palmer college than I did in four years at State U.

I think much of the ado about rankings is so much about nothing. I think the accreditation of the school you attend, the curriculum you study and the elbow grease you put into your studies are far more significant. I've known an idiot who graduated from Princeton, a millionaire business man who was a high school drop out and a very successful attorney who never went to college. He earned his law license the old fashioned way. He went from High School to reading law as a clerk at a law firm where it took him 6 years of work and study before he attempted the bar exam and passed it on his first try. Don't know if that's still possible today but it was in my fathers generation.

Take accreditation. All the State Universities and the top tier private schools in the upper midwest have Great Lakes Regional Accreditation. Does that mean that all the schools have the same educational opportunities. Of course it doesn't. But it does mean that the academic standards in the class room are virtually the same. In fact I would argue that in a lot of cases the quality of class room instruction is significantly better at small liberal art colleges and community colleges cause you don't get some damned TA foisted on you like you do at the big research universities. I actually turned down an opportunity to earn my masters at Ohio State when I was working there. The position I was working permitted tuition waver if I took classes but their Environmental Science/Management department was academic in nature and not real world based. So I borrowed money and earned my masters at little Findlay College which has a far superior EH&S program than either OSU or Michigan does....or any Big 10 school for that matter.

Then there's curriculum. A BS in Chemical Engineering from State U is more significant in the marketplace than a communications degree from North Western or Michigan.

Then there's hard work, talent and ability. Sure, having a degree from top tier school may open more doors for you but once you walk through that door....no one gives a rats ass where you went to school. It's all about performing and what have you done for me lately. Same if your an entrepreneur. It's doubtful that your investors and customers care where you wen t to school. They probably care a great deal more about your product/service, business model and performance in the market.

Same with professionals. Ever ask your Physician or P.E. or Lawyer where they went to school or what their GPA was?

Last edited:
Back