Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

I think it comes down to Bama or LSU. Those swamp tigers will have a very tough defense, but their offense is their weakness.

Bama's D will be even better this year, but we break in a new QB. At least we have the best running back as the starter now.

I think Bama might go undefeated. Penn State is our toughest game, and we whipped them pretty good last year. Now anything can happen, our boys could go up there overconfident and get beat... Jo Pa's Last Hoorah.. but if we get by PSU, we'll run the table. That said, I am not so sure we will be in the BCS Championship game... I know it's odd, an undefeated SEC team is usually a shoe-in, but our strength of schedule is pathetic this year, unless Kent State turns into some kind of Cinderella juggernaut... I don't anticipate that... If it comes down to several undefeated teams, Alabama could get stood up.

As for the QB.. Phillip Sims is the real deal. McCarron was poised to take over for McElroy, but Sims came in to the Spring looking phenomenal... maybe Saban will use a 2-QB system? In any event, it's good to know we have TWO decent QBs this year, even though they don't have a lot of experience.

I think Bama might go undefeated. Penn State is our toughest game, and we whipped them pretty good last year. Now anything can happen, our boys could go up there overconfident and get beat... Jo Pa's Last Hoorah.. but if we get by PSU, we'll run the table. That said, I am not so sure we will be in the BCS Championship game... I know it's odd, an undefeated SEC team is usually a shoe-in, but our strength of schedule is pathetic this year, unless Kent State turns into some kind of Cinderella juggernaut... I don't anticipate that... If it comes down to several undefeated teams, Alabama could get stood up.

As for the QB.. Phillip Sims is the real deal. McCarron was poised to take over for McElroy, but Sims came in to the Spring looking phenomenal... maybe Saban will use a 2-QB system? In any event, it's good to know we have TWO decent QBs this year, even though they don't have a lot of experience.

Dixie, did you see that Coach Homer Smith died? Great offensive coordinator and a truly great man. R.I.P. Coach.

LSU will beat you soundly again. I say it's LSU or Ar-Kansas.
LSU returns 19 starters.

Soundly? Skin of your teeth you mean.

No, this year our defense is experienced and tougher. Our running game will be as good or better. And you still have the same qb.

And Arkansas? lol

the qb who beat you and had you beat the previous year until Petersons int was miraculously not an int.
Our running game will be stacked and better than the one that whupped your ass last year.

the qb who beat you and had you beat the previous year until Petersons int was miraculously not an int.
Our running game will be stacked and better than the one that whupped your ass last year.

You won by 3 points. Maybe thats a "whuppin" on the bayou, but not in Tuscaloosa. And are you still whining about the non-interception? Find the replays and look at it again. He was out of bounds. But that game was more of a "whuppin" at 24-15.

And just an FYI, the players who knoced your QB and 1st string RB out of the game in 2009 are still on our roster.

Trent Richardson trumps your stacked running game alone. Add Eddie Lacey and its all over but the chanting of "Rammer Jammer".

The only thing bama is killing is more trees like the bunch of cousin marriers they are

And if the TN coaches could count your tygers would have lost to the Volunteers last year. The freakin Vols!

Here's my pick.

AlabamaWOW.jpg

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

that's what your cousin-wife believes

So you think we are cousin marrying rednecks?

So what is it like to be a lifelong fan of a team that is 24-45-5 against cousin marrying rednecks? (25-45-5 after this season)

Topper, I have worked all over Louisiana, and there are some backwoods folk down there for you to be tking this tack.

Top, you were better off whining about the interception that was ruled out of bounds. At least that was on topic.

Of course, it didn't hold water considering how badly your team was playing in the 2nd half. I went back and looked at the stats for that game. LSU was shutdown after your QB and RB were taken out of the game. And you were down 6 points.

Your state allows first cousins to marry.
We beat your ass last year, this year is 2 in a row

That you have to look to the future to get two in row is proof enough.

LSU is 1-2 against Bama in the last 3 years. LSU beat Bama in Baton Rouge 1969 and then Bama didn't lose there again until 2000. Bama owns that stadium. We just lease it to ya'll for good gumbo.

Last edited:
we beat your ass plenty in BAMA, you had to get LSU's championship coach to pull you out of the bama alumni dolldroms.
College football is better when bama is good, still The best SEC team in the BCS era makes it two in a row.

Back