Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Are you two still arguing about this? In a few hours, we will know how it all shakes out. All the stats are in, the computers are humming, the votes are being cast as we speak, and it looks like we are going to have a rematch. Before last night, most analysts were saying it's like we really don't have a #3, that's how far ahead Bama and LSU were from the rest of the pack. I didn't see anything in Bedlam to change that. Oklahoma almost looked as if they were intentionally taking a dive, so their pitiful conference could be represented in the Big Game! If they were playing for real, they certainly aren't a top 20 team, much less a top 10. LSU or Alabama would obliterate OSU.

Now me personally, I would like to see Okie State play Oregon... we could even have some kind of contest to guess which power ranger team was which! Maybe they could even spice it up by swapping uniform components at half time or something? Then, the best two teams in America could play the game of all games, the two most storied Sugar Bowl titans in history, could clash in New Orleans, as the football gods cheer from the heavens. But I most certainly understand the sentiment of the LSU fans, who FEAR playing Bama again. Beating Nick Saban once in a season is hard enough, but beating him twice is damn near impossible.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

When I started this thread in April I was betting on there being an SEC team in the BCS Championship Game. I never dreamed there would be two. lol

For those who dislike the outcome, putting 2 SEC teams in the big game, perhaps your conference gurus should have listened to the SEC's top guy several years ago.

In 2008, Mike Slive (SEC Commissioner) proposed a plus one playoff system. The ACC listened, but no other conference was even willing to discuss the matter at all.

As a friend of mine said, "West of the Mississippi and North of the Smokies, go ahead and enjoy basketball season. We'll finish up the football season down here.".

A big part of it is ms st crushing sparty last year. The sec was already dreamed better and lower ranked teams were crushing big ten champions. 2 nfl defenses will be squaring off.

A big part of it is ms st crushing sparty last year. The sec was already dreamed better and lower ranked teams were crushing big ten champions. 2 nfl defenses will be squaring off.

And Bama crushing Mich State?

The SEC has dominated the BCS Championship game to the point that it is expected that one of our teams will be there.

Rivals has 4 SEC schools listed in the top 10 recruiting classes this year, and 8 in the top 20.

Looks like the SEC dominance will continue.

Back