Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
the BCS is heavy weighted towards the SEC when it comes to voting, look at last year when the SEC sent 10 teams and went 500 in bowl games. its all about the money and the NCAA plays right into it. does Scam Newton ring a bell?

I thpught they stopped using the coaches polls in the formula? As a good friend of one of the ACC's top guys, he told me a few years back they send out emails to whoever is in charge of voting on how to vote and where to place teams. Thanks for the tip million dollar Bill.

I would think that all the Big 10, PAC 12 and other SEC haters would love to see a rematch between Bama and LSU for the National Championship.

At least that way they could see something they have never seen. They could see an SEC team lose in the BCS Championship game.

this will be the first time a team not even second in thier conference is in the finals.
Kinda sucks for those fighting for a championship as they have zero shot

this will be the first time a team not even second in thier conference is in the finals.
Kinda sucks for those fighting for a championship as they have zero shot

It always sucks for whomever is not ranked #1 or #2. Like I have said before, the conference championships are irrelevant in the BCS Championship game.

In fact, without a playoff, twice as many conference champions have no chance of playing in the big game as ever have of playing in it.

This year the two best teams happen to be in the same division of the same conference.

I keep seeing you argue against it with irrelevant reasons, but you haven't suggested a team that deserves to be ranked higher than Bama.

Found a good article talking about how close Bama and LSU are:

"LSU and Alabama have both played Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Florida.

Here's the breakdown for each win.

LSU Score Margin Alabama Score Margin
Florida (Home) 41-11 +30 Florida (Away) 38-10 +28
Arkansas (Home) 41-17 +24 Arkansas (Home) 38-14 +24
Mississippi State (Away) 19-6 +13 Mississippi State (Away) 24-7 +17
Ole Miss (Away) 52-3 +49 Ole Miss (Away) 52-7 +45
Tennessee (Away) 38-7 +31 Tennessee (Home) 37-6 +31

With that, the difference in total score margin between these two schedules comes down to just two, yes two points in LSU's favor.

When you consider there are hundreds of points, plays and variables that occurred in just these 10 football games, it's pretty remarkable that the margin is this close."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ch-is-completely-and-utterly-justified/page/3

And just to remind you, the BCS Championship for the '01 season featured Nebraska. Nebraska didn't play in their conference championship either. In '03 the loser of the Big 12 championship game played for the NC.

If you want to change the rules thats fine. But do it before the season starts, not at the end because people are pissed at the results of the polls and the season.

no 3 is a mile behind Alabama, I was digging for hope that someone would jump alabama. I couldn't reach any further in my ass.

no 3 is a mile behind Alabama, I was digging for hope that someone would jump alabama. I couldn't reach any further in my ass.

LMAO!!

At least this year the NC won't be a one-sided game. It will be a slugfest for 60 mins.

I don't seem to recall it being one-sided the last couple of seasons (prior to that, I wasn't really following the BCS, so I can't speak to that).

No, the last two games have been relatively close. There were some blowouts prior to that.

But I don't think we've had an overtime in a NC Game, have we?

Someone asked me if I thought Georgia had anything for LSU. I told'em "Yeah, fresh meat".

I'm predicting LSU wins 42-10.

Ok st made a great argument to play LSU. Blew out no 10 and as 5 wins vs ranked teams. Alabubba only beat 2 ranked team, though they did beat a bunch of D2 schools giving up 21 in the last one! Hmmm plenty of discussing to follow. Grundy says they are definite 2, Sabin was groveling pre game for his bonus.

Ok st made a great argument to play LSU. Blew out no 10 and as 5 wins vs ranked teams. Alabubba only beat 2 ranked team, though they did beat a bunch of D2 schools giving up 21 in the last one! Hmmm plenty of discussing to follow. Grundy says they are definite 2, Sabin was groveling pre game for his bonus.

And OK St lost to an unranked team. Bama lost in OT to the #1 team in the country. Not sure if all of those ranked teams OK St beat will be ranked for long. Texas sure doesn't need to be.

And if you want to talk about groveling, look at the excuse being thrown up by the Okie fans. The plane crash had them in mourning?? They jumped out to a 24-7 lead by the beginning of the 3rd qtr, then blew their lead. They lost to a nobody team.

Congrats to LSU on an amazing season.

It's about your body of work. Lots lost to lsu. Ok st beat more quality teams and is a tough conference champion. Votes should think about Utah raping alabubba to shatter the unbearable image. Ok st body of work is superior. Fact

It's about your body of work. Lots lost to lsu. Ok st beat more quality teams and is a tough conference champion. Votes should think about Utah raping alabubba to shatter the unbearable image. Ok st body of work is superior. Fact

Fact? WTF? Voters deciding the bowl bids for 2011 should look at a game from the 2008 season? I thought you said you quit smoking that shit?

Body of work is nice. But when you lose to a team that ends the season 3-6, claiming you played a tougher schedule is laughable. And Texas won't be ranked when the polls are released again. Texas A&M is 6-6 for the season but that counts as a quality win in their body of work? FL, MS State & Vandy are 6-6 too, does that make them quality wins? Hell, auburn is 7-5, but somehow the Okies beating a 6-6 team is a quality win but Bama crushing auburn isn't?

I understand that LSU fans want to play the Okies. You will crush them.

You will get in we both know that, ok state has more wins vs ranked teams. Fact. Ok st beat no 10 okl by 30 in a game while bama watched thier conf championship on tv. Fact

You will get in we both know that, ok state has more wins vs ranked teams. Fact. Ok st beat no 10 okl by 30 in a game while bama watched thier conf championship on tv. Fact

Yeah, they beat a ranked team that is now 6-6, just like Florida, MS State, and Vandy. They beat Texas who is 7-5, just like auburn. But they want to claim their two wins over Texas and Texas A&M were quality wins, while Bama beating auburn, FL, MS State and Vandy were not. Nice how that works, ain't it?

Bama watched the conf championship on tv, that much is a fact. Because we happen to be in the same division as LSU is, not because the Okies are anything. Bringing up the conference championship again only shows you are still digging for something. It doesn't matter in the BCS.

Back