Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
The main reason why the BCS will not allow two SEC West teams play in the NCG is that it would drive a stake through the heart of the BCS. If that were to happen the BCS would be deader then road kill. I'm sure the SEC would love it but the rest of the nation would be out raged. I kinda hope it does happen. It would almost gaurantee the end of the BCS and the beginning of a National Championship playoff.

So Mott, if LSU & Bama win the rest of their games this season, you don't think Bama should play for NC?

The BCS is about putting the #1 and #2 teams in a championship game. Who else would you put in the game? A two loss Oregon? A two loss Clemson? A two loss OK? Houston with a schedule full of high school teams?

Mott, you want a scarier scenario?

If Ark beats LSU and the pollsters boost them to #1, that would probably drop LSU to #2 and Bama to #3. Then if Ark loses to GA in the SEC Championship, LSU would move back to #1 and Bama would be back at #2.

Then the horror of horrors, the BCS Championship would be between 2 SEC teams and neither of them won the SEC.

Mott, you want a scarier scenario?

If Ark beats LSU and the pollsters boost them to #1, that would probably drop LSU to #2 and Bama to #3. Then if Ark loses to GA in the SEC Championship, LSU would move back to #1 and Bama would be back at #2.

Then the horror of horrors, the BCS Championship would be between 2 SEC teams and neither of them won the SEC.

The only way that would happen is if LSWho and Bama are the only one loss teams in the Big 6 Conferences. If Ark beats LSWho and gets beat by Georgia then Bama and LSWho would only move to 1 and 2 if and only if Sanford, Va Tech and OK St lose. If GA wins against LSWho and Sanford, Va Tech and OK St. win their conference championship games they will all three leap frog over LSWho and Bama as those two teams will be sitting at home. In other works, if GA wins the SEC championship game then their a real good chance the SEC gets locked out of the NCG and rightfully so. If you can't even win your conference you have no claim to the National Championship......unless you win a play off.

The only way that would happen is if LSWho and Bama are the only one loss teams in the Big 6 Conferences. If Ark beats LSWho and gets beat by Georgia then Bama and LSWho would only move to 1 and 2 if and only if Sanford, Va Tech and OK St lose. If GA wins against LSWho and Sanford, Va Tech and OK St. win their conference championship games they will all three leap frog over LSWho and Bama as those two teams will be sitting at home. In other works, if GA wins the SEC championship game then their a real good chance the SEC gets locked out of the NCG and rightfully so. If you can't even win your conference you have no claim to the National Championship......unless you win a play off.

So you would boost Stanford, VaTech and OK State up multiple positions, jumping over two teams, based dolely on the #3 team beating the #2 tema and then losing to GA?

Nice SEC hatred you got there.

I take that back. There is an outside chance that under that scenario GA could represent the SEC in the NCG.

Ga has two losses.. There is no way they should jump over 2 teams that have only one loss each. Add to that the fact that Bama beat Ark severely in th regular season.

So you would boost Stanford, VaTech and OK State up multiple positions, jumping over two teams, based dolely on the #3 team beating the #2 tema and then losing to GA?

Nice SEC hatred you got there.
Has nothing to do with that. If Bama does not go to a conference championship game and stays at home they will be leap frogged by other one loss teams that DID go to their conference championship game and won it. As a BCS pollster I'm going to rate a 1 loss conference champ over a 1 loss team that didn't even win it's division. That's what's going to happen. I hope it doesn't cause any other scenario puts a stake through the heart of the BCS which is something I desperately would love to see.

In other words the BCS will not put two SEC teams or an SEC team that didn't even win its division into the NCG cause the BCS damned well knows that that would be the end of the BCS and they will not let that happen.

Has nothing to do with that. If Bama does not go to a conference championship game and stays at home they will be leap frogged by other one loss teams that DID go to their conference championship game and won it. As a BCS pollster I'm going to rate a 1 loss conference champ over a 1 loss team that didn't even win it's division. That's what's going to happen. I hope it doesn't cause any other scenario puts a stake through the heart of the BCS which is something I desperately would love to see.

In other words the BCS will not put two SEC teams or an SEC team that didn't even win its division into the NCG cause the BCS damned well knows that that would be the end of the BCS and they will not let that happen.

If Alabama beats auburn and LSU beats Arkansas, how will they avoid having 2 SEC schools in the BCS championship game?

Will they suddenly bounce Stanford above Alabama even though Bama wins? Besides, the computer polls will not change their mind and the people who have been voting Bama in the #2 slot won't either.

If Ar-kansas beats lsu they will also beat ga and play lsu in the championship game. Ga sucks
No way and yes Ga sucks. Anythings possible but if I was a betting man I'd bet on the SEC West team winning the SEC championship game. The points mooted too if LSWho beats both AR and GA. Either way it goes Bama or AR will not be in the NCG if their is another 1 loss Big 6 conference champion. If Va Tech, OK St or Stanford win their conference championship they would play in the NCG. There would be a lot on cry babbying by Bama fans but that would be the end of the BCS if the NCG had two SEC teams. But lifes a bitch, Bama pretty much loses any chance at the NCG if LSWho wins the division. They would have to be the only one loss team from a Big 6 conference. If that happens I have only one thing to say to Irrate Bama fans. Agitate for a playoff. You can't have a true national champion by proxy anyways.

My guess is that if Va Tech, Stanford and OK St all win their conference championship then the NCG would probably be between LSWho and Stanford with Va Tech, OK ST and Bama all legitimately griping that they should have got a shot.

What I would love to see is all three of those teams lose and we do end up with LSWho and Bama in the NCG. 3/4th of the nation will be pissed off and won't watch the game and the next year we'd finally have a play off.

Last edited:
I would agree with that. Anythings possible but if I was a betting man I'd bet on the SEC West team winning the SEC championship game. The points mooted too if LSWho beats both AR and GA. Either way it goes Bama will not be in the NCG if their is another 1 loss Big 6 conference champion. If Va Tech, OK St or Stanford win their conference championship they would play in the NCG. There would be a lot on cry babbying by Bama fans but that would be the end of the BCS if the NCG had two SEC teams. But lifes a bitch, Bama pretty much loses any chance at the NCG if LSWho wins the division. They would have to be the only one loss team from a Big 6 conference. If that happens I have only one thing to say to Irrate Bama fans. Agitate for a playoff. You can't have a true national champion by proxy.

My guess is that if Va Tech, Stanford and OK St all win their conference championship then the NCG would probably be between LSWho and Stanford with Va Tech, OK ST and Bama all legitimately griping that they should have got a shot.

What I would love to see is all three of those teams lose and we do end up with LSWho and Bama in the NCG. 3/4th of the nation will be pissed off and won't watch the game and the next year we'd finally have a play off.

By that logic, why not include the winner of the Sunbelt conference?

Nowhere in any of the BCS rules does it mention having to win your conference. If LSU is #1 and Bama is #2, then that should be the teams who play in the championship game.

If Alabama beats auburn and LSU beats Arkansas, how will they avoid having 2 SEC schools in the BCS championship game?

Will they suddenly bounce Stanford above Alabama even though Bama wins? Besides, the computer polls will not change their mind and the people who have been voting Bama in the #2 slot won't either.
Because Bama didn't even win it's division, let alone it's conference. They will vote in favor of 1 loss teams that won both their division and their conference championship. Will it suck for Bama fans? Yup. Is it unfair? Yup. Will it happen? Yup. Don't like it? Call your Senator and agitate for a playoff. Look at the bright side. If Stanford wins out then Bama may end up playing in the Rose Bowl.

the BCS damned well knows that that would be the end of the BCS and they will not let that happen.

It's not really up to them... it's supposed to be decided by the computers and stats... that said, much depends on how Bama dispenses of Aubbie and if Arkansas can dominate LSU... No one really knows what will happen, we can only speculate at this point. I would think the lack of stats from playing a Conference Championship, would also depend on those games... who dominates who... which teams are most impressive in victory... there are hundreds of scenarios. Unfortunately, none include Ohio Slow!

:lmao:

If we beat auburn in a convincing fashion, I can't see them dropping us in the polls.

Also, we were beaten in overtime by the #1 team. That is less of a mark against us than every other loss the top teams have.

I think Mott is right. When you sit at home and watch other teams win conf championships and you didn't win your division you get jumped. Don't see two from one conference in the BCS this year

Looking at the polls of the top teams, who do you think is a better team than Bama?

Top, if there is a better team than Bama then you are saying LSU will lose, because ya'll only beat Bama by the thinnest of margins.

The fact is that the BCS doesn't work. The best scenario for seeing it get flushed down the toilet and getting a playoff system (like every other sport has) will be having two teams from the same conference playt for the NC.

Everyone keeps talking about winning the conference, but the BCS has never mentioned that at all.

Bullshit if I use that logic a d2 school put 21 points up on you and thus you fall. I've heard several Analyst say lsu could lose and go but not you losing at home. I don't recall a rematch, has there been one?

Back