Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
We beat your ass at home moron.
Alabama should go down 2 spots in the bcs for playing a d2 school today. Wtf

No you so didn't "beat our ass" ...you eeked out a win because our field goal kickers forgot how to kick. We beat LSU in every statistical area of the game. And GSU happens to be the 'cream of the crop' as d2 teams go, they are usually either contending for the championship or defending it. They could beat the dog shit out of Western Kentucky.

Your a fag and your online crumbled under the tiger pressure in ot. We didn't play any kent state or d2 pussies.

No, you played a 5-4 Sun Belt team who couldn't beat a Kent State or decent d2 team, and the fact the game went to overtime, disproves your assertion LSU beat someone's ass, you couldn't even score a touchdown. But let's not distract from your admission you're a chicken shit pussy who'd rather blow out the Mighty Ducks again, rather than face some real competition. That point needs to be emphasized.

Sunbelt is d1 and the are in contention. We played no Oregon and no 15 west Virginia non confence. If you don't get a rematch playing those girls soccer teams will be a huge part of the reason

Sunbelt is d1 and the are in contention. We played no Oregon and no 15 west Virginia non confence. If you don't get a rematch playing those girls soccer teams will be a huge part of the reason

Again, Georgia Southern is #2 in Div 2, and perennially competing for the Championship. Today's loss was their second of the season. Oh... and they scored multiple touchdowns on our defense, something LSUs offense was completely unable to do.

And I wouldn't be worrying about a rematch just yet... Arkansas may have something to say about where LSU plays.

LSU beat Oregon like a redheaded stepchild. Of course you'd rather play them again. But Bama played LSU the best game of the year. LSU and Bama are the two best teams in the country.

Oregon was never really in that game against LSU. Their final score was in the final minutes of the game when it was already too far gone to win.

Bet the moneyline on 'SC tonight. +450. Dropped three hundy on the bet. That $1400 helped pay off the remainder of my season ticket bill. Very happy at the moment.

I have more respect for bama after beating them than before. Obviously you guys would rather play someone other than lsu in the game.

Well it looks like LSU will play Bama afterall! Sorry Topper.

Welcome to the BCS! Otherwise known as the SEC West Invitational. lol

Thank you USC and Baylor for clearing things up so well!

Yup and bama scored zero touchdowns on lsu's defense. We don't need d2 cupcakes on our schedule

No cupcakes? What about last year when you played McNeese State and La-Monroe?
Or the year before when you played Louisianna-Lafayette, Tulane & La-Tech?
In 2008 LSU’s schedule included such notable football powerhouses as Appalachian State, North Texas, Tulane and Troy.
And in 2007 when ya’ll won your last NC, you roared thru Middle TN, Tulane and Louisianna Tech.
And this year, your cupcakes included Northwestern and Western KY. Western KY doesn’t even have a winning record in the Sunbelt Conf.

LSU is the best team in college football so far this year. But don’t try and pull that “we don’t play cupcakes” routine with me. I know who ya’ll played. Ya’ll played some VERY tough teams over the years. But you also had some teams that were basically by-weeks for your starters.

You mean the Monroe team that beat alabama then erected a sign taunting them.

Was that when we were on probation and under extreme scholarship restrictions? Or was that the year after LSU lost to UAB?

I am glad WB mentioned McNeese State, I didn't have the heart to. I thought you guys didn't schedule d2 creampuffs?

And I wouldn't be worrying about a rematch just yet... Arkansas may have something to say about where LSU plays.
Yea...I've gone down the tie breakers and if Arkansas beats LSWho it will boil down to which team has the highest BCS ranking. If Arkansas rises to #3 today and beats LSWho then they will probably leap frog over Bama in the BCS Poll. If that were to happen the SEC's champions fate is in the hands of the BCS pollsters. My guess is that if Arkansas beats LSWho then they will be the SEC west champs. The next question then is that if the SEC West champ loses to Georgia....then what happens?

Well it looks like LSU will play Bama afterall! Sorry Topper.

Welcome to the BCS! Otherwise known as the SEC West Invitational. lol

Thank you USC and Baylor for clearing things up so well!
Dream on. The BCS won't let that happen. If the SEC West team wins the conference their in the NCG. Your also discounting GA. If Georgia beats the SEC West champ in the SEC Championship game and OK St, Stanford and Va Tech win their conferences then the SEC will probably be locked out of the NCG and then the joy of hearing all the SEC fans whine will be devine!

And I agree with that. A team that couldn't win it's own division let alone their conference shouldn't be in the NCG.

LOL So I'm pulling for Georgia big time! LOL

The main reason why the BCS will not allow two SEC West teams play in the NCG is that it would drive a stake through the heart of the BCS. If that were to happen the BCS would be deader then road kill. I'm sure the SEC would love it but the rest of the nation would be out raged. I kinda hope it does happen. It would almost gaurantee the end of the BCS and the beginning of a National Championship playoff.

Yea...I've gone down the tie breakers and if Arkansas beats LSWho it will boil down to which team has the highest BCS ranking. If Arkansas rises to #3 today and beats LSWho then they will probably leap frog over Bama in the BCS Poll. If that were to happen the SEC's champions fate is in the hands of the BCS pollsters. My guess is that if Arkansas beats LSWho then they will be the SEC west champs. The next question then is that if the SEC West champ loses to Georgia....then what happens?

How do you figure Arkansas leapfrogs over an Alabama team who thrashed them in the regular season? I think if Arky beats LSU, Bama is #1 again, and maybe the "rematch" is between Alabama and Arkansas. But I honestly don't believe that will happen. I think LSU will dismantle Arkansas and Georgia in the SECCG, and will end up playing Alabama for the NC, in a rematch. I can think of no better NCG scenario than LSU vs. Bama in the Sugar Bowl.

There's not really a lot of football left to play, but what's left is very important. We'll all have to wait and see how it shakes out, but it really is looking like the NCG will be between two teams from the same division of the same conference.

The main reason why the BCS will not allow two SEC West teams play in the NCG is that it would drive a stake through the heart of the BCS. If that were to happen the BCS would be deader then road kill. I'm sure the SEC would love it but the rest of the nation would be out raged. I kinda hope it does happen. It would almost gaurantee the end of the BCS and the beginning of a National Championship playoff.

LSU... Rich Sugar Bowl tradition.
Bama... Even Richer Sugar Bowl tradition.

A regional fan base like no other match-up could produce. From a monetary standpoint, it would be the most lucrative game in BCS history. It's almost like USC vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl, or Miami vs. Florida State in the Orange Bowl... can you imagine the crowd?

As for a playoff, that is coming... it takes time. What we are currently witnessing, is the framework and alignment, which will enable the NCAA to develop a workable plan for a playoff, which they can, in turn, sell to academia, who ultimately calls all the shots. It's like we've argued before, this isn't something you can just DO because you want to, there are other entities involved in the process, and they have the power to make it happen or not allow it to happen. It takes time.

Back