Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Fuck, I'm actually surprised. I felt sure that Alabamer was going to score during the 1st Quarter the way they had all of those opportunities. In the end, they fell by a field goal, and both teams defenses managed to shut the other down...

Holy shit what a game!!

I think the refs robbed us of that catch on the goalline, and the LSU player should have been ejected for that extreme cheap shot on Dre Kirkpatrick, but other than those two things it was an old school knock-down football game.

I HATE losing. But if you have to lose, holding the #1 team in the nation to 3 field goals and losing in OT is better than getting our ass kicked.

tiger defense

Helluva defense on both sides. Tigers played tough. Like I said, there were only two plays that I really disagreed with, the cheap shot and the goaline interception call. The cheap shot should have had whoever it was ejected.

Now go win the NC for the SEC this year!!

There were lots of late cheap shots on our qb that weren't called as well as holds by your ol. That's home cooking and is too be expected. I guess crying by the losing fan should be expected as well.

There were lots of late cheap shots on our qb that weren't called as well as holds by your ol. That's home cooking and is too be expected. I guess crying by the losing fan should be expected as well.

Oh please, there were hard hits and that is to be expected. The qb gets hit. That is the game. But your guy swung his fist into Dre's neck from behind. It was a cheap shot, Topper. I am not crying at all. I have said over and over that it was a great game. Both teams looked excellent. But you can't defend your man's blocking be clotheslining a player from behind.

It was a holding call, he popped him in the chest. A stupid move. Fuck off with the druggie shit, I haven't smoked in 2 months.

It was a holding call, he popped him in the chest. A stupid move. Fuck off with the druggie shit, I haven't smoked in 2 months.

The chest? lol

Yeah, Kirkpatrick got a concussion from a pop in the chest.

Fucking Bama....now LSWho get's home field advantage if they make it to the NCG. Fucking SEC who do they pay off in the NCAA to get away with this shit? OSU gets nailed for some kids getting some free tats while Scam Newton's father acts as an agent and Auborn/SEC gets away with it. Now this shit of giving the SEC home field advantage in the NCG!

Just another reason why the BCS sucks and has to go! Only the Mafia is more corrupt then the NCAA!

Looks like Stanford is the best team in the country. Talk about mediocre offenses. That was the most boring game I've seen since God knows when. I fell asleep halfway through the 3rd qtr. Neither team looked like national championship caliber teams. I'm going to laugh my ass off if Arkansas beats LSWho. I wonder who wins that tie breaker if LSWho, Bama and Ark are all 1 loss teams?

Last edited:
Wow, interesting tie breaker if Arkansas beats LSWho and the SEC west ends up with three 1 loss teams. Since they lost one game each to each other (Ark to Bama, Bama to LSWho and LSWho to Ark) the tie breaker would go down to the 8th tie breaker, their BCS Ranking. With a three way tie the team with the highest BCS ranking gets selected unless the teams are with in 5 places of each other in the rankings (and that would probably be the case). In that case the team with the lowest ranking gets tossed and the top two ranked teams the one with the best head to head record will get selected. So if that comes to then you have these scenarios;

#1. Ark
#2. LSWho
#3. Bama

Arkansas wins tie breaker by virtue of beating LSWho

#1. Ark
#2. Bama
#3. LSWho

Bama wins by virtue of beating Ark

#1. LSwho
#2. Ark
#3. Bama

Arkansas wins by virtue of beating LSWho

#1 LSWho
#2 Bama
#3 Ark

LSWho wins by virtue of beating Bama

#1. Bama
#2. Ark
#3. LSWho

Bama wins by virtue of beating Ark

#1. Bama
#2. LSWho
#3. Ark

LSWho wins by virtue of beating Bama

Here is probably what will happen if LSWho loses to Ark. Both Ark and Bama will leap from over LSWho in the rankings in which case Bama wins the tie breaker.

If only Arkansas leap frogs over LSWho but Bama doesn't then Arkansas wins the tie breaker

If for some inexplicable reason Bama were to leap from over LSWho and maintain it's higher rank over Ark, then they win the Tie breaker.

My guess is that if Ark beats LSWho they will leap frog over LSWho but Bama will not.

So if Arkansas beats LSWho to create a 3 way tie the SEC West Champ is literally in the hands of the BCS poll voters.

Personally I think if Arkansas can beat LSWho they should be the SEC West champs.

If there is a three way tie the odds favor Bama as if in any combination Ark and Bama are the #1 and #2 highest ranked BCS team Bama wins the tie breaker. My guess (emphasis added) is that if a three way tie occurs the final BCS rankings will have Bama, Ark and LSWho all within 5 places of each other and that Ark would have the highest ranking, LSWho #2 and Bama #3 but hell anything can happen. Considering most BCS voters are journalist and considering most journalist are morons...anything could happen. I hope it does. Any way it shakes out will be funny as hell. :)

Fucking Bama....now LSWho get's home field advantage if they make it to the NCG. Fucking SEC who do they pay off in the NCAA to get away with this shit? OSU gets nailed for some kids getting some free tats while Scam Newton's father acts as an agent and Auborn/SEC gets away with it. Now this shit of giving the SEC home field advantage in the NCG!

Just another reason why the BCS sucks and has to go! Only the Mafia is more corrupt then the NCAA!

Looks like Stanford is the best team in the country. Talk about mediocre offenses. That was the most boring game I've seen since God knows when. I fell asleep halfway through the 3rd qtr. Neither team looked like national championship caliber teams. I'm going to laugh my ass off if Arkansas beats LSWho. I wonder who wins that tie breaker if LSWho, Bama and Ark are all 1 loss teams?

The scandle at OSU was less about the tats and more about your head coach signing a document saying he didn't know anything about anything, while leaving paper trail showing he did.

Last nights game might have been boring if you like high scoring. But either of those two defenses would shutdown any other team in the nation. And either offense would score on any other defense.

Back