Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
No it won't. It will all ready be decided by then. Bama is going to roll over the SEC West. Who's going to beat them? Arkansas? No way! Ole Miss? Forget about it! LSWho? They have a good defense, but not as good as Bama's and they have a one dimensional offense that any good defense can stop. I haven't seen enough of FSU but no way anyone in the SEC East but FSU is going to stop Bama. Bama might have a one off loss (the SEC is a tough conference) but their going to walk away with the SEC crown this year as no one else in the conference can match them on both sides of the ball except maybe FSU.....and that's a big maybe.

From what I've seen of LSWho against the Ducks and Miss St. They will have 2 or 3 conference losses this year unless they improve their offense. Eventually their going to run into a team that has the horses on defense to crowd the line of scrimage on LSWho and they'll go down like a $20 hooker!

I think LSU's D line may be one of the best in the NCAA. And they can play 60 mins of hardball with their depth.

I also think Bama's entire defense is better than LSU's. So we'll see how that plays out.

As for FSU stopping Bama, that won't happen unless we play them in a bowl. We have to go to the swamp and play UF, but FSU hasn't joined the SEC yet.

Mott needs a tampex change after almost losing to Toledo. Lsu has the best secondary and d line. Lee went 21-27 217 against a ranked team and we gave up a field goal each half. Get back to me mott when Ohio slow beats a top ranked team.

Mott needs a tampex change after almost losing to Toledo. Lsu has the best secondary and d line. Lee went 21-27 217 against a ranked team and we gave up a field goal each half. Get back to me mott when Ohio slow beats a top ranked team.

I agree with you about the d line, but the secondary? Not sure Bama's isn't better.

WB, my girlfriend went to North Texas. How the hell did Alabama decide to schedule them? (Of course I'm an idiot and took North Texas plus the 46 points) Now USC's non-conference schedule isn't the toughest this year but at least the three teams we play are all BCS schools, Minnesota, Syracuse & Notre Dame. You guys play Kent State, North Texas and Georgia Southern. How many people know those three schools even have programs? That's embarrassing.

I may be wrong, but I think Ga. Southern has won more national championships than Alabama, in their division. They will be tougher than Georgia State, who we played in that slot last season. Kent is Saban's alma mater... I am thinking they replaced a stronger opponent who backed out, but not sure who it was... VA Tech maybe?

In any event, it's hard for a school like Alabama to schedule tough non-cons.. who wants to LOSE their non-con to Alabama? ;)

I may be wrong, but I think Ga. Southern has won more national championships than Alabama, in their division. They will be tougher than Georgia State, who we played in that slot last season. Kent is Saban's alma mater... I am thinking they replaced a stronger opponent who backed out, but not sure who it was... VA Tech maybe?

In any event, it's hard for a school like Alabama to schedule tough non-cons.. who wants to LOSE their non-con to Alabama? ;)

Besides Dixie, somebody needs to give the little teams a good payday, right?

Also, while these little teams give us a good warmup and they get a good payday, the only one in danger is the big team. North Texas can throw everything they have at us. They don't need to worry at all. If they lose, well, they were supposed to lose. If its close, it is kudos to them and a blackmark for us. And if we blow them out, we are accused of running up the score.

Besides Dixie, somebody needs to give the little teams a good payday, right?

Also, while these little teams give us a good warmup and they get a good payday, the only one in danger is the big team. North Texas can throw everything they have at us. They don't need to worry at all. If they lose, well, they were supposed to lose. If its close, it is kudos to them and a blackmark for us. And if we blow them out, we are accused of running up the score.

Right, and as opposed to an Oklahoma or USC who would have an embarrassing loss early in their season to Alabama... why take that chance? Most schools have 4 non-cons, and usually only one...maybeeee 2... are credible opponents... that said, ask Notre Dame what they think of South Florida... ask Nebraska about Troy... heck... ask Bama about Southern Miss! The "little guys" can play football just like the big guys, because after all, it's still a game played by individual athletes. ...On any given Saturday...

Lsu has 4 future pros in the secondary, bama may I don't know them. Bama may have a superior line lsu has man chills with a buck of sophomores up front.
Mathue, clay borne are all American caliber corners Reid show'd he's the second coming of Laron Landry

Lsu has 4 future pros in the secondary, bama may I don't know them. Bama may have a superior line lsu has man chills with a buck of sophomores up front.
Mathue, clay borne are all American caliber corners Reid show'd he's the second coming of Laron Landry

There is an excellent article about the quality of our defense on The Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...with-8-first-round-nfl-draft-prospects/page/2

Robert Lester may be the best safety playing college ball right now. He was 2nd in the nation last year in interceptions. What I like about (besides grabbing passes) is that he went to high school with Julio Jones. You gotta learn something when you scrimmage against Julio every day.

If Lester is not the best safety then Mark Barron probably is. In addition to his 75 tackles last year, he jumps like a basketball player, making throwing over him nearly impossible.

Throw in Dre Kirkpatrick, Donte Hightower (6'4"/260lbs), and Courtney Upshaw and Bama has the D.

Boise St put a smackdown on Toledo, 40-15. Toledo hung with a perenial power, Ohio State, last week, but couldn't handle the Broncos.

Makes it kinda hard to argue Boise St isn't the real deal. But if they are going to play with the big boys, and expect Home/Home series games to be played, they are gonna need to build a real stadium. 35,000 seats might hold the Bama fans that travel to see an away game.

Bama and LSU have very similar talents on defense, and it should be interesting to see how they match up. I really think where the difference will be, is in the offenses and gameplans.. how that all plays out, who is healthy... which team makes the most mental mistakes.. it will be a great game for sure, probably our toughest of the season. A lot of football left to play until then... much can happen to change things.

I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!

Bama plays the Hawgs! LSU goes to WVa, and South Carolina plays a 3-0 Vandy. I wanna see Bama roll, LSU kick ass, and Vandy beat Spurrier.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

There is roast pork in Tuscaloosa tonight!!!!

Bama scored on offense, defense and special teams! And the defense looked great!

I'll give the Hawg QB credit for staying in and playing hard after he was hit as much as he was.

Hey Topper! You're welcome. When LSU hosts the Gators next week they will be without their hotshot QB. He was the best part of their offense, because their vaunted speed in the running game didn't help them much.

Damn it is sweet to crush the Gators in the Swamp!!

Back