Which SEC team will be in the BCS Championship game this year?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Of course you whine after you lose out

What whining have you seen? You know, I try and be civil on this shit, but you keep making that more and more difficult.

Bama played ya'll down to the wire, but LSU won. I seem to recall even saying it was a great game and congrats to LSU.

I was one of the ones who said rematch was probably not in the cards. But now the rest of the top teams have lost, some by significant margins to crappy teams.

If Bama beats auburn convincingly, I do not see a reason we should fall in the polls. That puts us in the Championship game against LSU. The rest of the "You didn't win your conference!" nonsense is just people making noise because they have not read the rules of the BCS. It would not be the first time a team that did not win their conference has played in the BCS Championship game.

Now if you would like to point out where I whined, I would be happy to see it.

By that logic, why not include the winner of the Sunbelt conference?

Nowhere in any of the BCS rules does it mention having to win your conference. If LSU is #1 and Bama is #2, then that should be the teams who play in the championship game.
I agree.....but that's not going to happen cause the other conference champs will leap frog over Bama and Bama won't be #2. Not playing in the SEC Championship game is going to hurt Bama in the final BCS poll.

I agree.....but that's not going to happen cause the other conference champs will leap frog over Bama and Bama won't be #2. Not playing in the SEC Championship game is going to hurt Bama in the final BCS poll.

I am assuming you mean because of the lack of the extra game, and that makes sense. Of course, with college football one never knows.

What whining have you seen? You know, I try and be civil on this shit, but you keep making that more and more difficult.

Bama played ya'll down to the wire, but LSU won. I seem to recall even saying it was a great game and congrats to LSU.

I was one of the ones who said rematch was probably not in the cards. But now the rest of the top teams have lost, some by significant margins to crappy teams.

If Bama beats auburn convincingly, I do not see a reason we should fall in the polls. That puts us in the Championship game against LSU. The rest of the "You didn't win your conference!" nonsense is just people making noise because they have not read the rules of the BCS. It would not be the first time a team that did not win their conference has played in the BCS Championship game.

Now if you would like to point out where I whined, I would be happy to see it.
They'll use the strength of schedule argument in that the teams who played in and won a conference championship played a stronger schedule and that's a valid argument. Look, I'm not agreeing with it. I'm just saying that's what's going to happen.

Don't listen to the blow hards on ABC/ESPN. They have an economic interest in the SEC being rated 1 and 2 with the TV contract they have with the SEC. So they are hardly objective.

The people who have a vested interest in the BCS are not stupid. They will do what they need to do to protect the BCS status quo and having two SEC teams in the NCG would be the death of the BCS.

I am assuming you mean because of the lack of the extra game, and that makes sense. Of course, with college football one never knows.
True. it could end up that Bama is the only 1 loss Big 6 conference team. Assuming LSWho beats AR then Stanford needs Oregon to lose to Ore St to get into the Pac 12 championship game. So that doesn't look good for Stanford. OK St doesn't play in a Championship game so that argument for them is harder to make but Va Tech will probably play against Clemson in the ACC. If LSWho, Clemson, Ore St and OK win next weekend then the only challengers to Bama would be Boise St and Houston....though Houston with an undefeated record does have a legit case too.

There's still a lot of football to be played.

LSU... Rich Sugar Bowl tradition.
Bama... Even Richer Sugar Bowl tradition.

A regional fan base like no other match-up could produce. From a monetary standpoint, it would be the most lucrative game in BCS history. It's almost like USC vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl, or Miami vs. Florida State in the Orange Bowl... can you imagine the crowd?

As for a playoff, that is coming... it takes time. What we are currently witnessing, is the framework and alignment, which will enable the NCAA to develop a workable plan for a playoff, which they can, in turn, sell to academia, who ultimately calls all the shots. It's like we've argued before, this isn't something you can just DO because you want to, there are other entities involved in the process, and they have the power to make it happen or not allow it to happen. It takes time.

Once the PAC, the ACC, and the SEC absorb all of Division I football between them, it will really come about. You would essentially have the Rose Bowl, the Sugar or Orange Bowl, some other bowl, and then the winners would move onto the finals. Perhaps we could call the championship game the Scholar Bowl.

I think BAMA would be the top 2 team by a huge margin.
But it doesn't matter what I think, like mott I'm guessing what voters will think.
A lot of coaches and voters don't watch games, IE Houston and Va tech rating.
Everyone will be watching conf championships and it's entirely possible voters in each coast get enamored by one of the champions. You and I know the south is not full of AP voters.

I think BAMA would be the top 2 team by a huge margin.
But it doesn't matter what I think, like mott I'm guessing what voters will think.
A lot of coaches and voters don't watch games, IE Houston and Va tech rating.
Everyone will be watching conf championships and it's entirely possible voters in each coast get enamored by one of the champions. You and I know the south is not full of AP voters.
Hell I'll go you one further. If we had a playoff Bama would be in it and have real good odds of winning the whole thing. God I hate the BCS. It's a scam where a bunch of good ole boys get to grease each others palms. The stench of corruption associated with the BCS stinks to high heaven.

BREAKING NEWS!
broken-computer.jpg

BCS COMPUTER MELTS DOWN TRYING TO CALCULATE HOW TO DIS BAMA!

Attachments

• broken-computer.jpg
    broken-computer.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1
BREAKING NEWS!
broken-computer.jpg

BCS COMPUTER MELTS DOWN TRYING TO CALCULATE HOW TO DIS BAMA!

Dixie, as prolific as you have been with posts on this site, this is the BEST thing you have ever posted!! Love it!!

I think Mott is right. When you sit at home and watch other teams win conf championships and you didn't win your division you get jumped. Don't see two from one conference in the BCS this year
OH it's possible. If LSWho wins out and Bama is the only 1 loss BCS Conference team left then there's a good chance they'll take Bama. Here's pretty much the scenario that has to happen. Va Tech has to lose of VA or the ACC Championship game. OK ST Has to lose to Oklahoma and Oregon beats the Beavers (or the Beavers win and Stanford loses the Pac 12 championship game) then, assuming Bama beats Auborn then Bama would get the nod.

OH it's possible. If LSWho wins out and Bama is the only 1 loss BCS Conference team left then there's a good chance they'll take Bama. Here's pretty much the scenario that has to happen. Va Tech has to lose of VA or the ACC Championship game. OK ST Has to lose to Oklahoma and Oregon beats the Beavers (or the Beavers win and Stanford loses the Pac 12 championship game) then, assuming Bama beats Auborn then Bama would get the nod.

Bama's going to "get the nod" anyway, if they beat Auburn. VT, Stanford, OKSt, don't have the strength of schedule, even with the extra game. The only possible way for Alabama not to be in the BCSNCG, is if they have a struggle against Auburn and Arkansas blows out LSU. The chances of either one of those happening, is about the same as Ohio Slow going to a BCS bowl... lol... sorry, I had to!

Like Russell Shepherd said in a text to Trent Richardson: See you in New Orleans!!

Topper, one of the things you have said against the rematch is that LSU beat us in Tuscaloosa.

You, of all the people on this board, should know that home field has not been an advantage in this rivalry. But I did a little checking.

In the last 30 years LSU holds a one win lead in the series. But they have only won 4 games in Baton Rouge in that time. They have beaten Bama 11 times on our home field. By the same token, Bama has beaten LSU 10 times in Baton Rouge and only 4 times on our home field.

See you in Nawlins!!!

Alabama's strength of schedule took a big hit. Penn state not in top 25, fl not in top 25, at-Kansas tonight will be out of top ten. So they played a bunch of D2 schools and the best win and only quality win is vs twice blown out sec coattail riding overrated ar-Kansas. Ok st if they win may bump them. They beat Texas and Kansas st, and will need an impressive double digit win over Choklahoma

Alabama's strength of schedule took a big hit. Penn state not in top 25, fl not in top 25, at-Kansas tonight will be out of top ten. So they played a bunch of D2 schools and the best win and only quality win is vs twice blown out sec coattail riding overrated ar-Kansas. Ok st if they win may bump them. They beat Texas and Kansas st, and will need an impressive double digit win over Choklahoma

I guess thats why we are still ranked #2 by a wide margin?

If you look at the teams beaten by both LSU & Bama, the margin of victory is almost exactly the same.

All the talk about conference championships, losing at home ect ect ect is nonsense. What I haven't seen anyone say is that another team besides LSU is better than Bama. And when its all said & done, that is what counts. #1 will play #2 in Nawlins.

Back