Which should I buy?

Which should I get

• JD 2025R

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kubota B2601

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They need to go much deeper for a bunker. You really need about 3 to 6 feet of burster on top of the bunker and another 3 to 6 feet of earth to make it really bunker buster proof at the artillery or smaller conventional bomb level.

How deep does one need to go to protect from Chinese or Russian E-bombs (Electromagnetic bombs)?

How deep does one need to go to protect from Chinese or Russian E-bombs (Electromagnetic bombs)?

All you need for that is a faraday cage for the stuff you want to protect

faraday-cage-vibration-isolation-workstation_.jpg

All you need for that is a faraday cage for the stuff you want to protect

faraday-cage-vibration-isolation-workstation_.jpg

We are spending a Trillion something dollars on "infrastructure" but we are not going to take known relatively cheap measures to protect the grid from EMpire attack...that is idiotic/insane/the Chinese are already in charge.

The power could easily be out nationally for well over a year.

We are spending a Trillion something dollars on "infrastructure" but we are not going to take known relatively cheap measures to protect the grid from EMpire attack...that is idiotic/insane/the Chinese are already in charge.

The power could easily be out nationally for well over a year.

That's the problem, isn't it?

The energy grid can easily be destroyed.

That's the problem, isn't it?

The energy grid can easily be destroyed.

The grid needs to be totally rebuilt anyway if we are going to go with the planned intermittent generation, plus we are leaving ourselves wide open to colossally deadly attack, as we blow many trillions of dollars, and by blow I mean waste and use in corruption.....and we do almost nothing.

It's all over buddy, a society that works this poorly is headed for the scrap heap of history.

The grid needs to be totally rebuilt anyway if we are going to go with the planned intermittent generation, plus we are leaving ourselves wide open to colossally deadly attack, as we blow many trillions of dollars, and by blow I mean waste and use in corruption.

It's all over buddy, a society that works this poorly is headed for the scrap heap of history.

Solar and wind power would be the way to prevent that.

Right now, I'm in the process of selecting and buying a new compact backhoe / loader. The two best choices are:

The John Deere 2025R

41355721_large_3403.jpg

And the Kubota B2601

71bce6c16f3408b76e34e3dc11297f31.jpg

They're both about $35,000 give or take in cost with a similar features package.
Although they are similar, there are key differences that can make a difference depending upon how you plan to use it.

This link has a guy focusing on the pros and cons for his usage:
https://www.mytractorforum.com/threads/2025r-vs-b2650.1321795/
Tractor will be used largely as a snow blowing tractor on a commercial route. I would also purchase a loader with forks and a bucket for light dirt work. I would likely find a 55-58" tiller for it eventually as well.

John Deere Pros: has the closer dealer (5 min vs 35), seems to have a better quick disconnect loader, would fit down a 4' walk better (4' wide tractor with a 54" blower), better tire selection for my needs (R3 Radial), is cheaper, and would fit in my current buildings without modification, better paint and panels, and better resale locally.

Cons: Bolt on Cab, Cab is loud, No A/C, snowblowers with known weaknesses.

Kubota Pros: has the Cab advantage (layout, sound reduction, AC) , beats JD in almost every power/capacity category, and arguably has better snowblowers, Significantly more power (60lbs torque vs 39 on the JD), better capacities, three range Hydro.

Cons: Dealer farther away (unknown to me), the small snowblower is mismatched to tractor width (51" SB on a 54" wide tractor), Kubota quick attach loader is not as nice as JD, I would need to lift a shed to get covered storage, and is more costly.

I would like to hear any input people have about these two tractors and I would like to hear which way you would go. This will be a working tractor and it will earn its keep for me. Durability, accessibility to parts, and service are very important to me. I swap back and forth about every other day on a decision. If anything I probably lean green, but a recent test run has me really thinking hard about the Kubota.

A lot more people around here have Kubotas than anything else.

If you're looking for a backhoe on the cheap and it doesn't have to be new..there are options.

Bonus if you can weld.

There really are all types of tractors around, too. Kubotas, fair number of old Fords, New Holland, Allis Chalmer, and then Deere.

Exactly. You need them in your bunker in case.

I'd build the cage around the entire bunker. Good if one can be draped over an auto engine. Anything with an IC chip is toast.

FWIW, to fuck up the world, a foreign power doesn't have to nuke Washington or New York. Just detonate a nuke as high as possible along the North Eastern seaboard and fry every chip from Virginia to New York.

The EMF is Line of Sight. http://www.totally-cuckoo.com/distance_visible_to_the_horizon.htm
Due to the Earth being round, its convexity limits the distance visible. This chart gives the distance to the horizon visible from different heights. The line of vision of a person of six feet in height for example would be 3.24 miles, whereas a pigeon flying at an altitude of 1 mile would command a view of 96.10 miles in every direction. If you were looking at a distant object of 44 feet in height, such as a flag on a masthead, then the flag would seem to be on the horizon if it were 9.35 miles distant. In this case you would add the height of the flag to the height of your eye from the ground (44' + 6' = 50 feet).

1 mile up can see 96 miles. 192 mile spread.
The distance between DC and NYC is about 205 miles. A cargo airliner flying from South America to Canada along the Eastern seaboard at 5-6 miles up would fry a lot of computer chips.

Last edited:
Back