White guy wins after leading voters to believe he’s black

if you are too stupid to be a well informed voter, you deserve what you get. I fully support exploiting the low information voters of our society. They deserve nothing but contempt.

if you are too stupid to be a well informed voter, you deserve what you get. I fully support exploiting the low information voters of our society. They deserve nothing but contempt.

Exactly. They have NO ONE to blame but themselves.

it was a fucking lie.

He knew damned well everyone would think it was this guy.

The fact that you defend this tactic proves you have no morals

His tactics only prove that the black voters are racists.....they vote by the color of the candidates skin....they vote by race.....and put their ignorance on display.

Its as funny as the white supremists that found out by a DNA test, hes 14% black.......:palm:

HOUSTON -- Dave Wilson chuckles as he talks about his unorthodox political campaign. "I'd always said it was a long shot," Wilson says. "No, I didn't expect to win."

Still, he figured he'd have fun running, because he was fed up with what he called "all the shenanigans" at the Houston Community College System. As a conservative white Republican running in a district whose voters are overwhelmingly black Democrats, the odds seemed overwhelmingly against him.

Then he came up with an idea, an advertising strategy that his opponent found "disgusting." If a white guy didn't have a chance in a mostly African-American district, Wilson would lead voters to think he's black.

And it apparently worked. In one of the biggest political upsets in Houston politics this election season, Wilson -- an anti-gay activist and former fringe candidate for mayor -- emerged as the surprise winner over 24-year incumbent Bruce Austin. His razor thin margin of victory, only 26 votes, was almost certainly influenced by his racially tinged campaign.

"Every time a politician talks, he's out there deceiving voters," he says. Wilson, a gleeful political troublemaker, printed direct mail pieces strongly implying that he's black. His fliers were decorated with photographs of smiling African-American faces -- which he readily admits he just lifted off websites -- and captioned with the words "Please vote for our friend and neighbor Dave Wilson."

One of his mailers said he was "Endorsed by Ron Wilson," which longtime Houston voters might easily interpret as a statement of support from a former state representative of the same name who's also African-American. Fine print beneath the headline says "Ron Wilson and Dave Wilson are cousins," a reference to one of Wilson's relatives living in Iowa.

"He's a nice cousin," Wilson says, suppressing a laugh. "We played baseball in high school together. And he's endorsed me."

Austin tried to answer the mailer with his own fliers showing Wilson's face, calling him a "right-wing hate monger" and saying he "advocated bringing back chain gangs to clean highways." But the campaign clearly caught him off guard.

"I don't think it's good," he said. "I don't think it's good for both democracy and the whole concept of fair play. But that was not his intent, apparently."

Just how much a role Wilson's mailers played in the campaign is unclear. Other incumbents running for re-election were forced into runoffs, perhaps because the community college system has come under intense criticism for insider business deals and spending money on overseas initiatives. And after 24 years in office, Austin's name should have been somewhat familiar to his constituents.

"I suspect it's more than just race," says Bob Stein, the Rice University political scientist and KHOU analyst. "The Houston Community College was under some criticism for bad performance. And others on the board also had very serious challenges."

Austin has said he plans to ask for a recount. But in an era of electronic voting, political analysts said Wilson's victory will probably hold and send him into office for a six-year term.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Whit...ng-voters-to-believe-hes-black-231222981.html

:rofl2:

This proves what? That people often times based on certain demographics base their votes and views of a candidate on race? This is nothing new....

How many white voters went on camera stating they wouldn't vote for Obama because he was a Muslim, or Arab, or because they weren't ready to have a "nigger preesident?" This doesn't surprise me. Usually voters who think in terms of rational thought are usually an exclusive bunch and they usually lose because they are outnumbered by people who have no clue about politics.

His tactics only prove that the black voters are racists.....they vote by the color of the candidates skin....they vote by race.....and put their ignorance on display.

Its as funny as the white supremists that found out by a DNA test, hes 14% black.......:palm:

What about white voters? There a re lot of white voters who didn't vote for Obama exclusively becauser he is black or that his name is "un-american" whenever your opponent has to stick up for you that says a lot about the voters of this country.

they voted for him because they thought he was indorsed by a local leader.

thank you for proving the only way republicans can get elected is by cheating and lying

They're cheering this idiot's fraud. No surprise there.

Just imagine their response if it were a black person posing as white.

Here is an old man that put a few glossy pictures of blacks on the pamphlets, said he was endorsed by Ron Wilson, his cousin, and all the the Obamabots assumed he was one of them.
Please tell us Poet, exactly how many times did you vote for the white guy or was it even worse? Did you go door to door campaigning for him?

You sheep are so easy to control.

Irony abounds.

What about white voters? There a re lot of white voters who didn't vote for Obama exclusively becauser he is black or that his name is "un-american" whenever your opponent has to stick up for you that says a lot about the voters of this country.

What's your solution?

Mystery candidates whose faces are never shown and are referred to only as Candidate A and Candidate B?

Do you think voters aren't influenced by appearances?

This proves what? That people often times based on certain demographics base their votes and views of a candidate on race? This is nothing new....

Wrong; it showed that people voted strictly based on the color of one’s skin.

How many white voters went on camera stating they wouldn't vote for Obama because he was a Muslim, or Arab, or because they weren't ready to have a "nigger preesident?"

I didn’t see anyone make the “nigger” claim. Do you have any evidence at all that this actually occurred? How does that make the white or brown people any less informed than blacks who vote strictly based on skin color?

This doesn't surprise me. Usually voters who think in terms of rational thought are usually an exclusive bunch and they usually lose because they are outnumbered by people who have no clue about politics.

So we should never point this out and shrug our shoulders and say “oh well?” I thought that is why we come on debate forums; to argue about how to improve things or debate why things are so messed up?

I think your posts are struggling to find a point and you can’t seem to elucidate what that might be.

P.S. The one's who are whining are the dimwitted Democrats who thought they were voting for a liberal black candidate.

Back