Who are some of your favorite guitarists all-time, in any music genre?

Some of my favorites include Jimi Hendrix, my all-time favorite, followed by Joe Satriani, Eric Clapton, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Richard Thompson, Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

David Gilmore, Angus Young, B.B. King, Carlos Santana, George Harrison, Alex Lifeson, Ritchie Blackmore, Adrian Smith & Bill Murry to name a few.

How did I miss this ? Get a snack, this could take a while.
Jimmy Page
Slowhand
Beck is amazing but never could put it together
Hendricks very creative but i thought under achieved due to drugs
Steve Morse, unrivaled technically but, like Beck, never got it together
Leo Kotke, virtuoso but cant sing
Angus Young, hat tip to brother Malcolm who were as essential a pair as Lennon & McCartney
Steve Howe, virtuoso
John Maclachlan, virtuoso
Martin Barre, under rated
Mick Taylor
Gary Moore
Dwyane Allman
Mike Campbell
Elliot Easton
Alvin Lee
Roy Harper & Bert Janshe acoustic wonders
Buddy Miller
Billy F Gibbons
Robert Johnson
Tom Prothro

Honorable mentions:
Santana, Leslie West, Gary Richrath, Dave Davies, Tony Iomme, Harrison, Townsend, Trevor Rabin, Andy Summers, Joe Walsh,

Whats with all the musical interests and knowledge?

R U A musician by chance?

Nope, I'm not a musician, I don't play any instruments. I just appreciate great music, and love to listen TO it. I do, however, have a strong singing voice, and have NEAR perfect pitch. If I can "hear" a note in my head, I can usually replicate that note in voice, without any musical reference. I sang in choirs throughout middle school, high school, and college. And I tried out for lead singer of a "New Wave" band in 1983, and later for a blues band in roughly 2003. Neither audition went very well. I didn't like the leader, lead guitarist, and songwriter of the New Wave band. My friend at the time, whom I knew from choir, was the bass player and backup singer for the band. Unfortunately the leader seemed to be an asshole, so I declined another audition with the band. The blues band WAS impressed with my singing, but I unfortunately TOTALED my vehicle I was driving at the time right after the audition, and wasn't able to audition for the band an additional time. I sometimes regret I haven't done anything of note WITH my singing ability, most of the time I just accept it and don't dwell too much on it. My one crowning achievement was winning 50 bucks bar and restaurant money for bringing down the house with my A CAPELLA version of "Crying" by Roy Orbison. This was about a little over three years ago here in Valparaiso, Indiana. So I still DO have the pipes!

Last edited:
How did I miss this ? Get a snack, this could take a while.
Jimmy Page
Slowhand
Beck is amazing but never could put it together
Hendricks very creative but i thought under achieved due to drugs
Steve Morse, unrivaled technically but, like Beck, never got it together
Leo Kotke, virtuoso but cant sing
Angus Young, hat tip to brother Malcolm who were as essential a pair as Lennon & McCartney
Steve Howe, virtuoso
John Maclachlan, virtuoso
Martin Barre, under rated
Mick Taylor
Gary Moore
Dwyane Allman
Mike Campbell
Elliot Easton
Alvin Lee
Roy Harper & Bert Janshe acoustic wonders
Buddy Miller
Billy F Gibbons
Robert Johnson
Tom Prothro

Honorable mentions:
Santana, Leslie West, Gary Richrath, Dave Davies, Tony Iomme, Harrison, Townsend, Trevor Rabin, Andy Summers, Joe Walsh,

Wow, fantastic list! Thanks very much for your post. :good4u:

Mike Bloomfield, the one Dylan called the “greatest guitar player,” earn his respect coming up thru the actual Chicago Blues scene, a rarity for any rock guitar player, also a victim of drugs, not a rarity for any rock person

Back