Who are some of your favorite guitarists all-time, in any music genre?

I don't know about the greatest, but some of my favorites:

Brad Paisley
Keith Urban
Carlos Santana
Vince Gill
Duane Allman
Chet Atkins
Glen Campbell
Roy Clark
Ottmar Liebert

The best are probably between a Polak from Chicago Paul Gilbert, a Wap from NYC Petrucci & a Mick from Los Angeles Brian Patrick Caroll.

My favorite. However are probably Texan Dimebag Darrell & his crunchy grooves & solos &
The Swedish Amott Brothers & their dueling guitars in Carcass & Arch Enemy.

Other amazing guitarists include Swedish Yvnie Malmsteen, Italian Steve Vai. Jewish Marty Friedman, Italian Frank Zappa, Dutch Eddie Van Halen, Texan Stevie Ray Vaughan, Texan Dave Mustain, Black Jimi Hendrix, Black BB King, Polish Richie Sambora, English Eric Clapton, Mulatto Slash, and Polish American Ron Jarzombek among many others.

Some of my favorites include Jimi Hendrix, my all-time favorite, followed by Joe Satriani, Eric Clapton, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Richard Thompson, Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I forgot to add Joe Satriani.
What about Randy Rhoads.

But, I think I did well. Considering I did the list from memory alone.

Still, I love Dimebag.

I think he had such catchy rifts.

This one being fairly simple but extremely memorable.

I think Walter Trout is very understanding appreciated as a musician.

Maybe not the best.

But he should have a bigger following than he has.

Smart phones are dumb.

I write underappreciated & it turns it to understanding.

I also tend to think there's a lot of extreme talent in New bands that we are yet to grasp.

Like Pathfinder of Poland below.

I'm not sure how this is possible.

There was a person on Youtube who said in a Gilmore thread that, "David Gilmore plugs his guitar into his soul.". Another person responded with an even better answer, "David Gilmore plugs his guitar into MY soul."

It is My opinion that there has never been a better guitarist than David Gilmore.

Gilmore is a fantastic guitarist. His smooth transition from note to note is awesome in the lead in Comfortably Numb (among many other leads).
That said, there are so many different playing styles in different types of music to pick the "best" guitarist.
When it comes to metal guitarists, Iron Maiden's Dave Murray and Adrian Smith have to be up there, and Janick Gers (for his "flying helicopter" stage presence).

An honorable mention also has to go out to Doug Aldrich, his playing is awesome in the concert video Evil or Divine with Ronnie James Dio

Some of my favorites include Jimi Hendrix, my all-time favorite, followed by Joe Satriani, Eric Clapton, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Richard Thompson, Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I like Eric Clapton, Tiny Grimes, Joe Bonamassa, Wes Montgomery, Frank Vignola, Jimmy Vivino,

and a real sleeper...Molly Grimes of The New Orleans Jazz Vipers.
She is by far the best rhythm guitarist that I've heard since the great Freddie Green.

Last edited:
I like Eric Clapton, Tiny Grimes, Joe Bonamassa, Wes Montgomery, Frank Vignola, Jimmy Vivino,

and a real sleeper...Molly Grimes of The New Orleans Jazz Vipers.
She is by far the best rhythm guitarist that I've heard since the great Freddie Green.

Yes in Wes Montgomery

Joe Pass
Andrea Segovia
Ana Vidovic

Back