Who are some of your favorite guitarists all-time, in any music genre?

Perhaps in the world :dunno: but I like some of the newer stuff, much of the older but I hate the canned bull shit that plays on the radio.........

The women are better, more authentic IMHO..... Perhaps it is just me~I find them freer to venture out of the canned country where they all sound the same, same fake accents, sung exactly the same timings & pronunciations & exaggerations........ That's what sells & it is a business..

It's hard for me to keep up with any top 40 music anymore. Country music has their "Idols" too just like Rock music.

I am a fan of Chris Stapleton, Brad Paisley, and Martina McBride.

Sorry but don't know many other artists from the newer crowd.

It's hard for me to keep up with any top 40 music anymore. Country music has their "Idols" too just like Rock music.

I've heard some stuff by Chris Stapleton. He IS really good. I like his voice AND his guitar playing.

Me either..... I listen to it but as a result of someone elses choice..

To be honest most of it is simply background noise IMHO but every now & then something is good.

Me either..... I listen to it but as a result of someone elses choice..

To be honest most of it is simply background noise IMHO but every now & then something is good.

I usually watch the Country Music award shows just to catch up and see if there was something I missed every year!

Perhaps in the world :dunno: but I like some of the newer stuff, much of the older but I hate the canned bull shit that plays on the radio.........

The women are better, more authentic IMHO..... Perhaps it is just me~I find them freer to venture out of the canned country where they all sound the same, same fake accents, sung exactly the same timings & pronunciations & exaggerations........ That's what sells & it is a business..

They’re are still some really good young guitar bands out there.

I usually watch the Country Music award shows just to catch up and see if there was something I missed every year!

Don't watch any of the award shows.. Last one I can recall was Madonna in the 80's dancing.....:laugh:

They are to much of a mutual admiration society for me but perhaps I am missing some new talent uncorrupted by the industry..

Who knows what's real anymore with protools, sampling and pitch correction.

Music is perfect pablum. Blah.... No more risk taking, out on the edge might not get back to resolution,
crack in the voice, B side stuff, AOR deep tracks...

It's all perfect crap! Thank young people's stupidity, video games and "the voice"

There was a person on Youtube who said in a Gilmore thread that, "David Gilmore plugs his guitar into his soul.". Another person responded with an even better answer, "David Gilmore plugs his guitar into MY soul."

It is My opinion that there has never been a better guitarist than David Gilmore.

Will you be posting some youtubes of those better??

Nice version of one the of the best & heavily copied tunes

Back