Who are some of your favorite guitarists all-time, in any music genre?

That is Brad Delp the lead singer, writer and backing guitarist in the photo.

The first Boston Platinum album was a total creation of Rock Genius Tom Scholz who produced, engineered, wrote, sang, and played all the instruments on the 1st album in his basement studio! Just like McCartney did on his first solo album!

Tom had to form a band because there was a huge demand for the band to play live concerts. So, by the time the 2nd album was being planned, he hired other musicians to play in his band.

Scholz was an MIT electronics engineer, and he also invented the stomp boxes that gave Boston their patented sound.

Who did not own a rock man. I don't believe Schults sang other than harmonies on the first album. That's all Brad Delp, quite obviously,
on the record. I like the Franco Harris fro on the drummer. Great look.

The story I heard is that they went through like 15 of the best guys that they could find who might be interested in joining the group but no one could do it right....so they decided "Fuck it, we will do it with two guys".

George Lynch didn't get the Ozzy gig because he got a haircut. Lynch said, fuck ozzy, you're bald! FFS

THey hired Jake E Lee.

Not seeing a lot of love for great country guitarist. Roy Clark and Glenn Campbell are in my top ten list. Chet Atkins and Lester Flatts were also two truly great guitarist.

Not seeing a lot of love for great country guitarist. Roy Clark and Glenn Campbell are in my top ten list. Chet Atkins and Lester Flatts were also two truly great guitarist.

Roy was good, and a good showman.
Glen was very good and not unlike Pagey learned how to complement a song in session work.
Bluegrass guys all blow me away.

Country Music does not get enough respect in the world anymore PERIOD.

In my opinion, if it weren't for some of these new Country rocking bucks, we wouldn't have any Rock left in the world today, because I don't see much on the Top 40 Rock AMERICAN IDOL induced stations, and I haven't seen much good rock and roll on the top 40 Rock stations in the last couple of decades really-since American Idol started anyway.

Some of my favorite guitarists come from Rockabilly that has not been mentioned in this thread at all.

Interest in playing the guitar has dropped immensely over the last couple of decades. 20 years ago, over 2 million guitars were sold in America annually, and today, that has dropped to about a million. That is a huge drop!

Why? Because there are no true GUITAR IDOLS being discovered anymore. Sure some of the older ones have not yet died, but there have certainly not been many to come along to replace them.

It may interest you to know that many of the guitars sold today, are selling more in record numbers to girls and women. There is an uptake of women guitar players today, both pro and non-pro. Some of the best shredders on the market are now female! This is a good thing! It is helping keep guitars sales alive!

Thanks for the video, Bill. This guy is REALLY good.

Strange story about Eric Gales. Although right handed, he was taught to play an upside down right handed guitar by his brother when he was very young and never changed. Hendrix also played right hand guitars left handed but he restrung them so that the top E string was at the bottom.

Thanks for the video, Bill. This guy is REALLY good.

hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

This is the song that really got my attention years ago....
gbros-b.jpg

Started out w/ his brothers, lefthanded brothers...

Country Music does not get enough respect in the world anymore PERIOD.

In my opinion, if it weren't for some of these new Country rocking bucks, we wouldn't have any Rock left in the world today, because I don't see much on the Top 40 Rock AMERICAN IDOL induced stations, and I haven't seen much good rock and roll on the top 40 Rock stations in the last couple of decades really-since American Idol started anyway.

Some of my favorite guitarists come from Rockabilly that has not been mentioned in this thread at all.

Interest in playing the guitar has dropped immensely over the last couple of decades. 20 years ago, over 2 million guitars were sold in America annually, and today, that has dropped to about a million. That is a huge drop!

Why? Because there are no true GUITAR IDOLS being discovered anymore. Sure some of the older ones have not yet died, but there have certainly not been many to come along to replace them.

It may interest you to know that many of the guitars sold today, are selling more in record numbers to girls and women. There is an uptake of women guitar players today, both pro and non-pro. Some of the best shredders on the market are now female! This is a good thing! It is helping keep guitars sales alive!

Perhaps in the world :dunno: but I like some of the newer stuff, much of the older but I hate the canned bull shit that plays on the radio.........

The women are better, more authentic IMHO..... Perhaps it is just me~I find them freer to venture out of the canned country where they all sound the same, same fake accents, sung exactly the same timings & pronunciations & exaggerations........ That's what sells & it is a business..

Back