Who are some of your favorite guitarists all-time, in any music genre?

Brad Delp WAS the lead singer AND he played RHYTHM GUITAR. Tom Shultz WAS the LEAD GUITARIST and mastermind of Boston's sound. He was a WIZARD in the studio. There, fixed it for ya.

Dude, you said Tom Schultz again! It's Tom Scholz! :whoa:

I'm guessing you don't have to deal with people often and get their names right.

Brad Delp WAS the lead singer AND he played RHYTHM GUITAR. Tom Shultz WAS the LEAD GUITARIST and mastermind of Boston's sound. He was a WIZARD in the studio. There, fixed it for ya.

STFU. I had a Rockman. I learned "The Jack" before its motor gave out..probly bcuz of that girl spilling a quart of Mickey's on it.
May have lasted longer if not for that.

But here's the thing: That was a brilliant idea by Tom Scholz.
It's still the same note, just an octave lower and half as fast.
What kind of audio medium do the "Rockmans" that Tom Scholz invented use, dorkboy?

Dude, you said Tom Schultz again! It's Tom Scholz! :whoa:

I'm guessing you don't have to deal with people often and get their names right.

Oops, minor mistake. Tom SHOLZ WAS their lead guitarist. And I don't appreciate your dumbass snide remark, "......you don't have to deal with people........", you asshole. You ARE dismissed.

Oops, minor mistake. Tom SHOLZ WAS their lead guitarist. And I don't appreciate your dumbass snide remark, "......you don't have to deal with people........", you asshole. You ARE dismissed.

Go suck a cock then, you ain't gonna patronize me! It ain't my fault you can't get people's names right, bitch! That's your problem. Deal with it.

Nope, I do NOT know if this is true. What I DO know is that Randy Rhoads WAS one heck of a guitarist.:cool:

The story I heard is that they went through like 15 of the best guys that they could find who might be interested in joining the group but no one could do it right....so they decided "Fuck it, we will do it with two guys".

Ga-Ga was great for something like 17 months, that was it.

Where is anyone remotely as good as Talking Heads?

I am left with Lana Del Rey representing quality.

AND SHE CAN BARELY SING!

Talking Heads WERE excellent. I'm also a fan of Brian Eno's music. He, of course, co-produced and performed on perhaps Talking Heads' three best albums in a row, More Songs About Buildings And Food, Fear Of Music, and Remain In Light. He's also done a couple albums in collaboration with David Byrne. They're good albums, but nowhere as good as the albums he did with the whole group, IMO.

Talking Heads WERE excellent. I'm also a fan of Brian Eno's music. He, of course, co-produced and performed on perhaps Talking Heads' three best albums in a row, More Songs About Buildings And Food, Fear Of Music, and Remain In Light. He's also done a couple albums in collaboration with David Byrne. They're good albums, but nowhere as good as the albums he did with the whole group, IMO.

I sorta bought the stories that David is a Diva, a full on narcissist, till I saw some of his Post Talking Heads work.

He is the real deal, there will be none like him in UTOPIA!

Do you happen to know if the story that it took two men to do what Randy Rhoads did is a true story?

Or anyone?

No two men did what Randy Rhodes did, no..

He already had his songs and he came to Ozzy..Ozzy put words to his songs..The End.

I think Ozzy eventually replaced Randy after he died with Zack Wylde.

Randy wrote the music, Ozzy wrote the words.

I know these songs. You can see him playing here.
It only takes 1 badass dude to play that. :dunno:

Last edited:
Back