Who will win the VP debate next Tuesday?

Who will win the VP debate?

• Total voters
Honestly, I think a lot of people came away wondering why Vance isn't at the top of that ticket.

Harris is clearly the right choice on the Dem side. Walz came across as a solid VP pick. Vance is just smarter and more on message than Trump.

Vance likely “won” in a traditional sense, but Vance’s 1/6 duck of the question will bite him in the ass.

Additionally both of them coming across as calm and reasonable makes trump look even worse.
Vance was certainly smoother and proved he could lie with a straight face. Walz seemed nervous.

Agreed they both came across as we'd expect major national leaders to come across, not as a raging nutjob as Trump so often does. The contrast of Vance to Trump is more notable than of Vance and Walz.

I don't think this will move a single vote... Folks who agree with the one will believe they "won", folks that agree with the other will think they "won" and nothing will change.
I still say Vance won as a debater.

On who made their chances of winning, not sure… Vance refused the question about 1/6, that didn’t make anyone but trump happy

Vance likely “won” in a traditional sense, but Vance’s 1/6 duck of the question will bite him in the ass.

Additionally both of them coming across as calm and reasonable makes trump look even worse.
You mean like when Walz ducked the question about why he LIED about the timing of his visit to China? Like that?

I don't think this will move a single vote... Folks who agree with the one will believe they "won", folks that agree with the other will think they "won" and nothing will change.
Overall, I agree. The difference being that Vance was playing to Trump voters and Walz was appealing to the middle. "A return to sanity".

Vance got the W and made the case that Trump couldn't.

If Harris gets anything out of this, it will be people watching and realizing how toxic Trump has made our politics and getting nostalgic about this kind of civility.

^^^
More evidence Matt is letting his liquor speak for him. :clink:
Have I told you lately that you're a fucking idiot?
And you have disturbingly violent fantasies, too.
Many times in this world, things don't go the way you think they might.
It's better to tune in to how the world works and tune out of what you think.
What do you know from what you've experienced?

Back