Why are young women are so FEEBLE: They can’t cope with ideas that challenge them?

Don't give me that convoluted crap, they will leave uni and when they get into positions of power, the PC ratchet will be turned up a few more notches. I mean holy crap, it's not as if we are seeing something new here, it is a continuation of the infantilisation that has been going on for many years now.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk
Are you kidding me? Have you looked at all the swinging dick rednecks around you here? How can you possibly believe that? Just because of handful of vocal academics have a point of view that is unpopular with you doesn't mean it's mainstream. You're just being paranoid.

Claire Fox is Director of the Institute of Ideas. Her new book ‘I Find That Offensive!’ was published by Biteback in May.

By Claire Fox

Published: 01:25, 9 June 2016 | Updated: 07:23, 9 June 2016

• ‘Generation Snowflake’ describes a fragile, thin-skinned generation
  • Claire Fox says teenage girls began sobbing during debate on Ched Evans
  • She has written about the issue in a book called 'I Find That Offensive!'
Some of the girls were sobbing and hugging each other, while others shrieked. The majority appeared at the very least shell-shocked. It was distress on a scale appropriate for some horrible disaster. Thankfully, however, I wasn’t in a war zone or at the scene of a pile-up - but in a school hall filled with A-level students. What had provoked such hysteria? I’d dared express an opinion that went against their accepted way of thinking.

35103F0400000578-3632119-image-m-44_1465431047016.jpg

‘Generation Snowflake’ is a fragile, thin-skinned younger generation that can’t cope with conflicting views

‘Generation Snowflake’ is the term for these teens, one that’s now used frequently in the U.S. and becoming more common here. It describes a fragile, thin-skinned younger generation that can’t cope with conflicting views, let alone criticism. Being faced by a roomful of weepy teenagers certainly isn’t the only example of such behaviour I could cite, but it’s the most dramatic I have experienced. It happened when I was taking part in a debate at a North London school as director of the Institute of Ideas early last year.

The subject under discussion was footballer Ched Evans - who was then a convicted rapist and had just been released from prison (he’s since had his conviction quashed and is awaiting a retrial). His team, Sheffield United, had taken him back, and we were debating whether the subsequent furore was social justice or mob rule. I knew many wouldn’t agree with my stance, which was that Evans had completed his sentence and should be able to return to his profession. But during the final Q&A all hell broke loose. I dared suggest (as eminent feminists have before me) that rape wasn’t necessarily the worst thing a woman could experience. I expected robust discussion - not for them all to dissolve into outraged gasps of, ‘You can’t say that!’

Their reaction shocked me. I take no pleasure in making teenagers cry, but it also brought home the contrast to previous generations of young people, who would have relished the chance to argue back. It illustrated this generation’s almost belligerent sense of entitlement. They assume their emotional suffering takes precedence. Express a view they disagree with and you must immediately recant and apologise. But as I argue in my new book - I Find That Offensive! - Generation Snowflake believe it’s their right to be protected from anything they might find unpalatable.

This mindset is particularly rife in universities. The examples are beyond parody: a National Union of Students conference banning clapping as it might trigger trauma (‘please use jazz hands’, delegates were told); the Edinburgh University student threatened with expulsion from a meeting after raising her hand in disagreement. Last year, students at the University of East Anglia banned a Mexican restaurant from giving out sombreros because of racist stereotyping.

In March, Cambridge University banned an ‘Around The World in 80 Days’ themed party over fears wearing ethnic costumes might cause offence. Students demand that universities are ‘safe spaces’, free from opinions that will make them feel uncomfortable. There has been a rise in ‘No platforming’ - barring someone with controversial views from speaking at an event at all. Faced with such thin-skinned students, no wonder Oxford University has introduced ‘trigger warnings’ about ‘potentially distressing subject matter’ in law lectures on cases involving sexual violence. Never mind that a future in criminal law will mean dealing with all the unpleasant aspects of human experience.

The list goes on. And on.

2C44E39400000578-0-image-m-122_1465418165240.jpg
1CED90A600000578-0-image-m-124_1465418181559.jpg

She says The Reclaim The Internet campaign, launched by MPs such as Yvette Cooper and Maria Miller, only fuels stereotypes of young women as weak and fragile

How is this any different that JPPs Pussy Patrol comprised of Rancid, Darcula and KKKhristiefan? As Grind has pointed out, the majority of rules and moderation tools such as thread ban and forced ignore were put in place because of Rancid and Darcula because they couldn't handle big, bad ILA

Are you kidding me? Have you looked at all the swinging dick rednecks around you here? How can you possibly believe that? Just because of handful of vocal academics have a point of view that is unpopular with you doesn't mean it's mainstream. You're just being paranoid.

That article was written by a British woman called Claire Fox, are you going to dismiss her so readily because it doesn't chime with your experiences and observations?

Claire Regina Fox (born 5 June 1960,[SUP][1][/SUP] Barton-upon-Irwell) is a British libertarian writer. She is the director and founder of the think tank the Institute of Ideas and a former member of the Revolutionary Communist Party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claire_Fox

cherry picking my reply to Mott will get you nowhere.
it's simply an acknowledgement that not everyone's mind is infested with that nonsense.
Although our universities is becoming more entangled with PC censorship - the great majority of the population
doesn't buy into it.
Well, unlike you, I find the majority of people I meet to be decent folks, even the milennials! I guess I am fortunate or maybe, I just bring out the best in people.

I read the article Tom but WTF do I care? I'm a chauvinist pig. I like making young girls cry.

He's also at least half a fag. He's like a poor man's thee dee.

These types of males are only forceful when they're in a group which can quickly become a mob. They expect others to do their fighting for them then criticize them for doing it. They're called liberated males.

Well, unlike you, I find the majority of people I meet to be decent folks, even the milennials! I guess I am fortunate or maybe, I just bring out the best in people.

This one's queer who always wanted to be a man, meanwhile. Her favorite here is the liberated male, thee dee.

I suspect you can comprehend but choose not to. Nowhere did I mention folks weren't "decent". Majority or otherwise.

Even the bird-brains who use censorship to impose PC, i'm sure belabor under the delusion they are on a right cause.

Fortunately it's not main-stream thought; being such a bizarre mannerism of speech - but it needs to be stamped out
before it spreads any further.

The dumbing down of America and the hurt feelings among young people today who think they shouldn't be offended in any manner is a result of fifty years of liberalism controlling our culture. Our males have been deballed and our females think that sexual freedom is the only freedom they will only need in life while being offended in any manner is a felony crime.

The feminists, who are mainly responsible for the destruction of the country's entire social order began this in earnest when they latched themselves onto the 1964 civil rights act which was designed to aid black Americans and when they did this, they drug the homo sexuals in along with them.

I suspect you can comprehend but choose not to. Nowhere did I mention folks weren't "decent". Majority or otherwise.

Even the bird-brains who use censorship to impose PC, i'm sure belabor under the delusion they are on a right cause.

Fortunately it's not main-stream thought; being such a bizarre mannerism of speech - but it needs to be stamped out
before it spreads any further.
I comprehend just fine, thanks.
You stated, "I suspect that there are", this to me indicates that you think the majority of men...aren't hard working people like Mott described, you suspect there are decent hardworking people, but you agree with the OP that most are feeble.

You are a good person, but you do have a weird soft spot for a certain troll (not even willing to say you saw his three threads etc :) ), but overall, you are a decent person.

I comprehend just fine, thanks.
You stated, "I suspect that there are", this to me indicates that you think the majority of men...aren't hard working people like Mott described, you suspect there are decent hardworking people, but you agree with the OP that most are feeble.

Why don't you read the article written by a British academic and stop spouting bullshit?

LOL Conservatives fear strong women so as a defense they bring up isolated incidents to hide their own feelings of inferiority and emasculation. Look at all the draft dodgers among the conservative men as an example. They sponge off America as Ryan and others have done, then put on their warrior show mission accomplished style. A show similar to our congress of weak, do nothing men. Consider it was a woman who ate of the tree of knowledge, conservatives miss that fact as they kowtow to inanimate objects of money markets and corporate gods. Pity them when they bow to that buffoon who talks big but who too was a draft dodger. Weak and afraid is the right today and unable to see that they are being played.

Why don't you go find more anti female hogwash to post?

Again, it was written by Claire Fox who happens to be female, it may surprise you to learn that not every woman thinks like you. She was a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party for 20 years and, unlike you, grew up and realised what a load of bullshit was spouted by them.

Claire Fox, IoI Director

Claire Fox is the director of the Institute of Ideas, which she established to create a public space where ideas can be contested without constraint. She has a particular interest in education and social issues such as crime and mental health. She convenes the yearly Battle of Ideas festival, which will next take place at the Barbican in London in October 2016.

Claire is a panellist on BBC Radio 4’s The Moral Maze and is regularly invited to comment on developments in culture, education and the media on TV and radio programmes such as Question Time and Any Questions? She is also a columnist for TES (Times Education Supplement) and MJ (Municipal Journal). Claire is an Executive Board member of the Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR), UCL, and a Fellow of Wellington College

http://instituteofideas.com/aboutus/person/claire_fox

Last edited:
Again, it was written by a female, it may surprise you to learn that not every woman thinks like you.
I am not surprised at all, Tom, but one thing I can always count on when you post an article that the women will be feeble, or gold diggers! Your opinion of women is very low.

I am not surprised at all, Tom, but one thing I can always count on when you post an article that the women will be feeble, or gold diggers! Your opinion of women is very low.

Yeh, that is bullshit as well. I posted this article last week but of course you missed it as usual. I have told you many times that I have very little respect for gender feminists. I am not alone in that belief, there are many women who also loath them as well. That you don't agree is perfectly fine with me, what is not fine is to provide succour to ocean going c***s like Legion and Leon Troll. I would remind you of your own signature line!!

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-in-search-for-murderer&p=1628668#post1628668

Last edited:
Back