Wolf v Viking

A restaurant quality immersion blender...I use it all the time....In part because this Mid West Boy needs his soup!
Nice...I'd love to have a commercial one...sadly, there are lots of auctions lately....I'll add that to the list of things to look for...my kitchenaid is older but still blending when it needs to...

Nice...I'd love to have a commercial one...sadly, there are lots of auctions lately....I'll add that to the list of things to look for...my kitchenaid is older but still blending when it needs to...

I have had to lay down the law...no more kitchen stuff...I have so much stuff that I rarely/never use now post COVID now that I am no longer catering.

I am out of room!

I wonder what my Grandparents, they who came through two great wars and a great depression, would say about me having all this stuff that I have that goes many years between uses, and as well me buying a very expensive very well made range from Madison WI.

So its here. Not real thrilled that delivery and install was about $500....in return I get an extra year of warranty, which if it is needed I am going to be not real happy at these prices (the range was $5000). Having no electronics again will take some getting used to, but this is what I wanted. Electronic panels next to burners and oven exhaust shoots is not a super brilliant idea, and I get told that when they go down repair tends to be too expensive to be worth it, that it is now routine for stuff that is half the expected life span of the stuff I grew up on to be headed for the landfill, "PROGRESS"......"We cant have straws anymore"....."SAVE THE PLANET"....."The MEMEMEMMEMEMEME Generation was AWESOME!".

The shit GE that just got hauled out of here was one month shy of five years old, and it really had to go, it had four major problems.

barf

I can now see directly the place where a tile is missing on the wall. I think it was missing when we bought the house in 04. It was always behind the stove.

Thing I did not think of...I had forgotten all about it.

FUCK

Convection is nice but the small oven space of this $5000 range will take some getting used to. On the other hand the much larger oven of my Piece Of Shit GE was only usable because I put in it the largest stone I could find....it was a cluster fuck.

I get the same sense as when I get to feel up a glorious slut all day long day after day.

Some small number of the lucky of you know what I am saying.

Convection is nice but the small oven space of this $5000 range will take some getting used to. On the other hand the much larger oven of my Piece Of Shit GE was only usable because I put in it the largest stone I could find....it was a cluster fuck.
It's not standard? How small? Well, boo....still worth it though....

I wonder what my Grandparents, they who came through two great wars and a great depression, would say about me having all this stuff that I have that goes many years between uses, and as well me buying a very expensive very well made range from Madison WI.

Your Grandparents would say "You eat too fucking much!".

It's not standard? How small? Well, boo....still worth it though....

2.5 Cu/ft....30" ranges tend to be up near 5.0 cu/ft.....but like I said the oven temp of modern ranges tend to be so uneven that this does not tell the full story. I have not done any catering in a year and a half about, and might not ever get back to it, the smaller oven likely will not be a problem for me, but it is something to consider.

I wipe it down way more often than I did my shit GE.

So far I dont miss the electronics at all.

Nor do I mind the small oven.

We Shall See

Got a high quality stainless sink coming, and a plumber to put it in. My wife wanted to do a full kitchen redo but I am not interested....a Wolf and a great sink will be fine. The old one is 20 years old and is chipped and scoured...it is annoying, and annoying things and people are leaving my life here at the end.....I just cant be bothered.

We shall see about the plumber....finding a good/fair one in this area is hard.....and even then they charge near $200/HR.

Back