Wolf v Viking

I was today justifying the stainless sink and labor at about $250/HR to put it in...

Wife comes back, "You deserve it, stop justifying it".

I so love this sexy slut!

Anytime you want...I've been calling you a fucking Chinese stooge for months and the only response you have is to point out that you were trained in the East.

No shit, really? Knock me over with a feather. Go the fuck away Hop Sing.

Is that you, Hoss? :laugh:

So the matching stainless sink has been another ordeal.

They are coming out tomorrow to fix 2! mistakes.

This job is not cheap either.

LOOKS GREAT!

I cant decide what is the coolest thing about a top of the line stainless sink other than the look. Maybe that it is so much bigger. Maybe that I no longer need to mess with the center protector so that I dont kill the finish, protectors that I have found to be declining in quality and thus pissing me off. I sure wont miss how the water scarred porcelain was a haven for bacteria. I was supposed to get 25-30 years out if it the internet tells me but a lot of the stuff in this house is shit, and it was heavily used the exactly 20 years it had been here.

Changing out a very intensely used 20 year old porcelain double sink for a double high quality stainless sink:

My Thoughts:

Plus:
Looks cool because:
A) it goes with the Wolf
B) it reminds me of the professional kitchens I spent a lot of this life in

Bigger

Will not be a bacteria factory

Does not look beat up

Dont need porcelain protectors

Minus:

Faucet wobbles a tiny bit

Dishwasher drains louder (I never even considered this!)

Conclusion:
I think this was the right call, even though it cost a bit because I pay someone to do the work, and skilled people are getting increasingly expensive and hard to get on a job. On the other hand big inflation is coming, the nation is dying, and the skilled craftsman problem is only going to get worse.

On the dishwasher noise... You can use spray foam insulation to deaden the sound along with sound board.

Conclusion:
I think this was the right call, even though it cost a bit because I pay someone to do the work, and skilled people are getting increasingly expensive and hard to get on a job. On the other hand big inflation is coming, the nation is dying, and the skilled craftsman problem is only going to get worse.

Yea for me! I have no problem getting gig work as an electrician. Endless supply of that to do.

On the dishwasher noise... You can use spray foam insulation to deaden the sound along with sound board.

Yea for me! I have no problem getting gig work as an electrician. Endless supply of that to do.

Are you seeing Landlords decide that the government has broke faith and thus are getting out, that rentals are going away because of the COVID Martial Laws?

THANX

Are you seeing Landlords decide that the government has broke faith and thus are getting out, that rentals are going away because of the COVID Martial Laws?

THANX

No, what I'm seeing is landlords doing bandaid repairs and service to their properties, putting off upgrades, and especially doing that to people who are behind on their rent. Some that have the cash are leaving apartments vacant and seriously upgrading them so they can charge much higher rents once China Disease restrictions are lifted. That means previous low rent apartments will now be out of reach for poorer renters or those that have bad credit. That is, they're using the moratorium to document lousy renters who can't or won't pay and then use that against them later once the moratorium is lifted while making their rentals nicer to be able to offer them to more creditworthy renters.

No, what I'm seeing is landlords doing bandaid repairs and service to their properties, putting off upgrades, and especially doing that to people who are behind on their rent. Some that have the cash are leaving apartments vacant and seriously upgrading them so they can charge much higher rents once China Disease restrictions are lifted. That means previous low rent apartments will now be out of reach for poorer renters or those that have bad credit. That is, they're using the moratorium to document lousy renters who can't or won't pay and then use that against them later once the moratorium is lifted while making their rentals nicer to be able to offer them to more creditworthy renters.

Interesting....Thanx.

In fact, I was back at one of the upgrade apartment complexes (about 25 units) today. I've installed a crapload of security lighting, added more lighting to the complex laundry room (which was also gated off to keep transients out from the park next door). I did the final electrical on one unit that just had new drywall, all new electric (me), new plumbing including a new drain to the sewer, is getting all new kitchen cabinets, new water heater, new appliances, has really nice 18" square tile floors, new double pane windows, and the usual paint, trim, etc.

That unit is already being fought over by several long time residents in other units already.

Then I went to one that's in a building that's in downtown Mesa that redid them on the second floor as lofts over commercial space on the first floor for a basic service job.

The new owners at the third on Roosevelt St. that are a four plex of small homes turned into rentals dating to about the 20's or 30's to price new services and a laundry installation for each. The new owners want to fix them up more than they are with split unit A/C, each to have a washer dryer, etc. But that takes new services on each. That means drawings, permits, and possibly having to get engineering stamps on things...

In fact, I was back at one of the upgrade apartment complexes (about 25 units) today. I've installed a crapload of security lighting, added more lighting to the complex laundry room (which was also gated off to keep transients out from the park next door). I did the final electrical on one unit that just had new drywall, all new electric (me), new plumbing including a new drain to the sewer, is getting all new kitchen cabinets, new water heater, new appliances, has really nice 18" square tile floors, new double pane windows, and the usual paint, trim, etc.

That unit is already being fought over by several long time residents in other units already.

Then I went to one that's in a building that's in downtown Mesa that redid them on the second floor as lofts over commercial space on the first floor for a basic service job.

The new owners at the third on Roosevelt St. that are a four plex of small homes turned into rentals dating to about the 20's or 30's to price new services and a laundry installation for each. The new owners want to fix them up more than they are with split unit A/C, each to have a washer dryer, etc. But that takes new services on each. That means drawings, permits, and possibly having to get engineering stamps on things...

I am way the fuck too gone for you at the moment, so sorry I did not notice you as you put up some pretty fine work...

Thank You! for contributing to my thread.

I am honored to have you.

It is interesting how much different and better stuff generally cooks in a Wolf vs Krap oven without convection.

I dont have an explanation, but plan to look into it.

The convection I am playing with.

I think I like it.

The best cunt you have ever had...ready for you when ever you are..U decide....that is what owning a Wolf is like.

Back