Women Wanted

Cancel7

Banned
I think that this is pretty funny. God, men are so stupid. And can you even imagine what these winners must look, and smell, like?

CANBERRA (Aug. 18) - A plea for lovelorn female "ugly ducklings" to move to a remote Australian mining town to reverse a shortage of eligible women has landed the local mayor in hot water.

Mt Isa Mayor John Molony was refusing to apologize on Monday for angering local women with a suggestion that "with five blokes to every girl, may I suggest that beauty-disadvantaged women should proceed to Mount Isa," in north-west Queensland state.

"Quite often you will see walking down the street a lass who is not so attractive with a wide smile on her face. Whether it is recollection of something previous or anticipation for the next evening, there is a degree of happiness," Molony told the Townsville Bulletin newspaper last week.

"Some, in other places in Australia, need to proceed to Mount Isa where happiness awaits. Really, beauty is only skin deep. Isn't there a fairy tale about an ugly duckling that evolves into a beautiful swan," Molony said.

The mayor said he was "telling it like it is" in a testosterone-laden town more famous for cowboys and mining lead, silver, copper and zinc than for match-making, sitting atop one of the world's biggest underground mines.

"I'm a bloke who respects women. I believe we should look after women. I'm told men outnumber women here by five to one. If that's the case, then perhaps it's an opportunity for some lonely women," Molony said.

Fellow council members and the local chamber of commerce said they had been swamped with phone calls from both women and men complaining about the mayor's remarks.

"It paints the women here as second rate and suggests the men will settle for anything. I think it's quite disgusting," Mt Isa domestic violence worker Shirley Slann told the Courier Mail newspaper on Monday.

http://news.aol.com/article/mayor-recruits-ugly-duckling-women/137559

I am sure he angered and offended plenty of women.

But I am also sure that there are plenty of homely women headed for this town.

Its not nice to say, but we have all seen the unattractive people who are doomed to be lonely forever.

This is a cure for some of those women.

I am sure he angered and offended plenty of women.

But I am also sure that there are plenty of homely women headed for this town.

Its not nice to say, but we have all seen the unattractive people who are doomed to be lonely forever.

This is a cure for some of those women.

:p

And I do not mean for my words to be insulting. But there are people who are physically unattractive. Its not their clothes, their hair, their teeth or even their weight. They are just ugly.

Now if we could just find a town that has 5 women to every man.....

It reminds me of a particular Star Trek episode. The moral of which was, if you think you’re ugly, so will other people.

I feel sorry for any woman who believes she is so unattractive she has to answer a call like this. I’ll tell you the truth too, the older I get the more I realize I can do without a guy around all of the time As soon as my sex drive dries up, which I assume will happen when I hit menopause, I’ll be just as happy with my independence, both financially and otherwise, and my friends. My high sex drive has caused me nothing but trouble in my life all of which came in the form of men. I anticipate menopause with anything but dread.

My grandmother had a male companion in the final decades of her life, whom she refused to marry, and refused even to give up her place for. They stayed over at each other’s places, but she would “send him home” when he got on her nerves. And that’s exactly how she would put it too, “I sent Richard home, he was getting on my nerves”. They traveled together a lot. They had a great relationship. She was a head of her time.

It reminds me of a particular Star Trek episode. The moral of which was, if you think you’re ugly, so will other people.

My grandmother had a male companion in the final decades of her life, whom she refused to marry, and refused even to give up her place for. They stayed over at each other’s places, but she would “send him home” when he got on her nerves. And that’s exactly how she would put it too, “I sent Richard home, he was getting on my nerves”. They traveled together a lot. They had a great relationship. She was a head of her time.

LMAO....wish I could have used that this weekend.

I feel sorry for any woman who believes she is so unattractive she has to answer a call like this. I’ll tell you the truth too, the older I get the more I realize I can do without a guy around all of the time As soon as my sex drive dries up, which I assume will happen when I hit menopause, I’ll be just as happy with my independence, both financially and otherwise, and my friends. My high sex drive has caused me nothing but trouble in my life all of which came in the form of men. I anticipate menopause with anything but dread.

I hear you on that one.

I want my hubby arround as long as hes alive but I know I can live alone without any problems.

Any human being can get on anothers nerves. There is a scarafice you make when you chose to live in close quaters with any other human being. The benifits are there too though. It keeps you in touch with the ability to change. None of us are perfect and bending to the needs of others helps keep me grounded.

I hear you on that one.

I want my hubby arround as long as hes alive but I know I can live alone without any problems.

Any human being can get on anothers nerves. There is a scarafice you make when you chose to live in close quaters with any other human being. The benifits are there too though. It keeps you in touch with the ability to change. None of us are perfect and bending to the needs of others helps keep me grounded.

Well, if I were having children it would be one thing, but at this point in my life…I find more benefit in having separate places. But definitely, this is an individual choice. I know that most people don’t like to live alone. I can totally understand that. I used to feel that way. You know what cured me of it? Living with men.

I hear you on that one.

hmmmph....:rolleyes:

Well, if I were having children it would be one thing, but at this point in my life…I find more benefit in having separate places. But definitely, this is an individual choice. I know that most people don’t like to live alone. I can totally understand that. I used to feel that way. You know what cured me of it? Living with men.

My life's goal is to have kids and have them llive at their father's place. I'll come over on weekends with a teddy bear and McDonalds.

[crazy lady talking to herself again]

LOL

My life's goal is to have kids and have them llive at their father's place. I'll come over on weekends with a teddy bear and McDonalds.

[crazy lady talking to herself again]
So you are admitting that the "crazy lady" was really you all along?

LMAO... and you call yourself a writer?

Back