Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phhhlllllbbbbtttt! You listen to ESPN to much. I mean like has Alabama won 14 national championships? That's a joke. Anyone who believes that any of Alabama's national championships prior to integrating their team in 1970 needs to have their head examine. Same with the 1973 Bama team. They were declared national champs prior their Sugar Bowl match against Notre Dame and then ND handed them their asses. Bama has realistically had 4 consensus National Championships.

The BCS is a racket that pretty much assures the SEC teams a National Championship. It assures a stacked deck in polling by the media, particularly ESPN, ABC & CBS which have over a billion dollars invested in the SEC. That's why the SEC has won over 75% of the BCS games. Not because their the nations best conference. That's a joke. In a fact based reality prior to the BCS scam the SEC won national championships at a rate of 15%. After the BCS and it's stacked deck it rose to 75%. During the BCS era during regular season play the SEC has losing records against both the Pac 10(12) and the Big 12 and if it wasn't for Ohio States inexplicable mental block against SEC teams the SEC would have a losing record against the Big 10 as well. Ya'll are proud of a system that stacks the deck in post season play by using a corrupt polling system and through match ups in post season against lower caliber teams in your own back yard? Anyone ever wonder why everytime the BCS National Championship game is played in New Orleans LSWho lands a spot and gets to play with homefield advantage? LOL What a joke!

Well SEC fans can start cry babying about how unfair the new set up is cause it's rigged so that the SEC will only be able to be handed National Championship 50% the time. Which is why the new set up won't last long. When it goes to an 8 team playoff based on conference championships and not corrupt and rigged polls then the SEC will drop back down to winning around 15% of the National Championships like they have historically done. Actually probably less if they ever have to meet the academic standards of the other elite football conferences. So until the SEC actually proves on the field that they can beat the other elite conferences during the regular season and on the road and outside of their own back yards this notion that the SEC is the nations best conference is pretty laughable.

And until ya'll walk the talk it will remain so. Just because ESPN say's over and over again that ya'll are the best doesn't mean it's true. They are biased with a vested interest to the tune of a billion dollars. LOL

The SEC has consistently beaten every other conference in bowl games. The polls are not something invented by the Southeastern Conference. And they poll from all over the country. Just because one conference kicks ass is not proof of anything.

I am not talking about historical claims at championships. If you'll notice I don't mention them when I talk football. But the BCS Championship has been owned by the SEC in general, and Alabama specifically. 3 BCS Championships in 4 years speaks for itself.

What's wrong?

You cannot reveal what your plans are when I leave to stop me?

You want to get rid of me but how are you going to hold on to my money and keep it feeding your empire?

That's quite a dilemma.

Quit being a jackass and a cliche. The south is part of the United States of America. If you don't like the nation, you are free to move to another country. But the south is not going to secede. The only people who have even discussed it are the ignorant rednecks who do so as a way of publically pouting about losing an election.

Now that's the smartest thing you've ever said!

I agree. We need a 16 team playoff with priority given to conference winners and a handful of at large teams chosen by a committee and not by polls. That would end the current corrupt stacking of the deck in the SEC's favor that is currently going on.

That works for me too. As long as the committee is chosen in some fair manner.

The SEC has consistently beaten every other conference in bowl games. The polls are not something invented by the Southeastern Conference. And they poll from all over the country. Just because one conference kicks ass is not proof of anything.

I am not talking about historical claims at championships. If you'll notice I don't mention them when I talk football. But the BCS Championship has been owned by the SEC in general, and Alabama specifically. 3 BCS Championships in 4 years speaks for itself.
You're damn straight the SEC owns the BCS.....and you have the endorsed checks to prove it too! LOL

You can't be that niave. You're regular season record against the PAC 10, Big 12 and even the Big 10 (minus OSU inexplicable chockeing) is a losing record and you play the overwhelming majority of those games in your own back yard including the Bowl games.

If you don't think the BCS isn't corrupt please explain how the SEC went from historically wining around 15% of the College national championships prior to the BCS to 75% after the BCS was implemented? How do you explain the billion + dollar vested interest ESPN, CBS & ABC have in the SEC? Those media outlets dominate the polling, you think that's a coincidence? You don't think that they don't have a major influence on the polling. That they're not protecting their vested interest? Come on, you can't be that niave. The Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 have their own networks and don't have access to manipulate the polling that ABS, CBS and ESPN has. It's corruption, plain and simple.

Quit being a jackass and a cliche. The south is part of the United States of America. If you don't like the nation, you are free to move to another country. But the south is not going to secede. The only people who have even discussed it are the ignorant rednecks who do so as a way of publically pouting about losing an election.

Those ignorant rednecks are the South. How do you know it's not going to secede?

And when that happens I bet the SEC drops to winning around 15% of the national championships like they have historically done.

The SEC schools started spending major money on coaches and facilities before the other conferences did. That way they had more to offer their recruits and were able to grab the best talent.

I'm just amazed that so many athletes would want to play for a southern school. Why isn't better character being displayed than that? No wonder the Gators are all criminals...

Because the ignorant rednecks are, despite the hopes of those who enjoy the stereotypes, are a minority in the south.
That's true but that brings up a serious question. It's a minority of rednecks in the south that oppose racial and gender equity. It's a minority of rednecks in the south who believe in irresponsible millitary adventurism. It's a minority of rednecks in the south who oppose workers rights. It's a minority of rednecks in the south that oppose investing in their communities education system and infrastructure. It's a minority of redneck southerners who don't believe in a secular or effective central government, etc, etc. So why does the majority of the south, year after year, election after election continue to vote for these radicalised gumbas who do?Why do the enable them to the detriment of the rest of the nation?

I mean I hear you. Most of the southerners I know are modern people who don't share these radicalized views......but they keep on voting for those who do. Why?

The SEC schools started spending major money on coaches and facilities before the other conferences did. That way they had more to offer their recruits and were able to grab the best talent.
Bleeep.....wrong answer. They have alway done that since the SEC formed in 1932. They have also always had lower academic standards than the other major conferences, which certainly has helped recruitment but until the BCS was implemented in 1998 how did they go from winning 15% of national championships to 75% of them?

There are currently 50-70 thousand southern nationalists and untold millions others who are sympathizers.

Successful revolutions have occurred with far fewer numbers.

You have the morals of a snake.

You're a pathetic nihilist in a football shirt. You and your stupid football, what makes you think people aren't sick to death realizing you're in the same country that they're in?

Those ignorant rednecks are the South. How do you know it's not going to secede?

If you and your pals talked this way about any other ethnic group especially minorities like blacks, Hispanics, and Indians, you'd all get immediate banning's here probably for life.

Go to hell with your sec schools .. you mind numbed drone for the advertisers.

You're a decadent aftermath of the hippies and the gen x selfish manipulators.

We are certainly qualified to make such decisions for the Indians. Mott and I are Northerners. The Indian's land is our property, and has been so since our predecessors conquered it. the Indians only get to secede from the supervision of the US Constitution if he and I say that they you leave.

Here's another word change to another culture.

The little Nazi doesn't sound quite as funny now, does he?

Back