Would the US be better off without the South?

Should we let the South succeed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
511qN6B86xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hit "Yes," on the poll, thinking it was about secession. Obviously, America would be better without the South.

Unfortunately, Mott can't spell, or he's being sneaky. The poll reads "succeed," which is not likely to ever happen for the moronic buffoons of the South.

I hit "Yes," on the poll, thinking it was about secession. Obviously, America would be better without the South.

Unfortunately, Mott can't spell, or he's being sneaky. The poll reads "succeed," which is not likely to ever happen for the moronic buffoons of the South.
Woo....How embarrassing. Talk about mixing your metaphors! :)

My favorite president did everything to assure the union. Southerners were fools to leave the first time. Nothing really has improved for them. The South is at the bottom of nearly every demographic - education, wealth, health, you name it. It the North is willing to keep them (not quite sure other than charity why they would be) the South should say thank you and hope that the North doesn't notice the imbalance between taxes paid and federal moneys received with the South receiving an incredible imbalance back. Particularly this is true since the South sides against the North on almost every issue. It isn't as though the South is rich in natural resources, intellectual resources, or much of anything else except heat.

The north has all the wonderful bankers who improve the lives of everyone. Three cheers for the money changers
Phlllbbbbttt....who are you kidding. We've been supporting the south since reconstruction. In fact that would be a good name for the South "Reconstruction." cause every 20 years or so we gotta pay to rebuild them.

I don't think theres any doubt that America would be better off financially without the south. Losing Florida and Texas would hurt. However, the improvement in the American economy should be able to recover from the loss very quickly once we don't have the rest of the South around anymore to obstruct us from moving forward and holding us back as they continuously do.

I think the main reason we need to let the South secede is because we believe in America but sadly they don't.

Now don't get me wrong. Southerners are swell people and I like them a lot but the plain truth is that it just cost us to much to support them.

Last edited:
If we dropped the south.............would that mean we can stop the FEDERAL blocks on ingredients on Lubricants used in Oil Fracking?

The thread title and poll question are different. Moot, are you retarded?

Answer to thread title question: no.
Answer to poll question: yes.

Would the US be better off if we permitted the South to succeed from the Union?
First, I think the word you're looking for is "secede". Many Southern states are already "succeeding" in comparison to their Northern neighbors. And second, if it means politicians like Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Alan Grayson have to leave Florida, I say suspend the Northbound turnpike tolls so it can happen faster.

Back