Would you legalize cocaine?

Would you legalize cocaine?

• Yes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I'd decriminilize it's use

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Let's up the penalty. Throw some more mandatory minimums in there.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
legalize all drugs except those (if there are any) that would actually cause one to consistently be a harm to others (not harm to themselves).

legalize all drugs except those (if there are any) that would actually cause one to consistently be a harm to others (not harm to themselves).

Like meth?

Cocaine is in no way healthy, but then again, I really don't see it spreading beyond what it is now. I certainly don't think users should be given anything harsher than rehab.

Cocaine was legal and prevalent in all kinds of food and drink and medicine in America until the Liquor industry lobbied and used the Christians to help get it banned.

It still is legal though, well....sort of.... a Doctor can still prescribe it as medicine IF they go before the FDA and present a long, writen out explanation for prescribing it....which then puts them on some sort of watchlist.....:D....thus no doctors prescribing it.

Care

The "War on Drugs" isn't working, we need to reexamine every aspect of it, including jailing people over it. At least in jails that are not specifically aimed at ending addiction.

Cocaine was legal and prevalent in all kinds of food and drink and medicine in America until the Liquor industry lobbied and used the Christians to help get it banned.

It still is legal though, well....sort of.... a Doctor can still prescribe it as medicine IF they go before the FDA and present a long, writen out explanation for prescribing it....which then puts them on some sort of watchlist.....:D....thus no doctors prescribing it.

Care

It's mainly used as a topical anesthetic. Like in dentistry. They wouldn't tell you about it though.

If any doctor just perscribed you pure powder that you could take home I'm sure they would lose their medical license. Sometimes, however, they'll give it to dying cancer patients along with morphine, which is the only mixture that relieves them of their pain.

Cocaine... well, out of all drug bannings, cocaines was certainly the most racist. It was banned becase of (grossly) exagerated accounts of southern negros going crazy and rapin white women after taking the drug.

I voted NO!

If all you Libertarian/Vegitarians want a high...invest in a muscle car...a real high and a great investment! And they are legal and quite safe if you are mature enough to drive one!:clink:

It's mainly used as a topical anesthetic. Like in dentistry. They wouldn't tell you about it though.

If any doctor just perscribed you pure powder that you could take home I'm sure they would lose their medical license. Sometimes, however, they'll give it to dying cancer patients along with morphine, which is the only mixture that relieves them of their pain.

Cocaine... well, out of all drug bannings, cocaines was certainly the most racist. It was banned becase of (grossly) exagerated accounts of southern negros going crazy and rapin white women after taking the drug.

Actually it isn't used medically at all any more. There are other substances, such as novocaine and lidocaine, that are cocaine analogs but have no addictive potential because they don't cross the blood brain barrier. So no rush, no euphoria, no addiction. Just as you said above, these drugs are topical anesthetics (i.e. they work on the skin or whatever other surfaces they touch). One of the ways in which they work is to constrict blood vessels in the region where they are applied.

Cocaine is a schedule 4 drug. I believe that legitimately it's only available for research, and I know for certain that it is extremely highly regulated, including how, where, and under what conditions and quantities it may be stored, where and in what quantities it may be purchased, how it must be shipped, the types of locks that must be used, etc., etc. I worked with it for a while as a grad student and we obtained it directly from the Canadian government. We had to account for every single grain.

I voted 'Let's up the penalty. Throw some more mandatory minimums in there.' The more libertarians locked up the better.

Actually it isn't used medically at all any more. There are other substances, such as novocaine and lidocaine, that are cocaine analogs but have no addictive potential because they don't cross the blood brain barrier. So no rush, no euphoria, no addiction. Just as you said above, these drugs are topical anesthetics (i.e. they work on the skin or whatever other surfaces they touch). One of the ways in which they work is to constrict blood vessels in the region where they are applied.

Cocaine is a schedule 4 drug. I believe that legitimately it's only available for research, and I know for certain that it is extremely highly regulated, including how, where, and under what conditions and quantities it may be stored, where and in what quantities it may be purchased, how it must be shipped, the types of locks that must be used, etc., etc. I worked with it for a while as a grad student and we obtained it directly from the Canadian government. We had to account for every single grain.

In America, I believe it's a schedule 2, if you're referring to the Canadian system. Schedule 4 is for stuff like antibiotics and it's just one step above under the counter in America.

I had heard that the only legitimate use was topical, and that's what I said. I was confused whenever I heard that, and wondered why everyone didn't just use novocaine, I thought there was so difference in how they worked that was important. So, if all the medical uses have been done away with, and recreational use is illegal, why isn't it schedule I, like the less harmful pot?

Back